new to scrapbooking - standard photo sizes & printing

ariamac

Mouseketeer
Hi Ladies,

I'm working on my first scrapbook for my cousin's wedding. I've never scrapbooked before, but I am a cardmaker so paper crafting is not new to me. I wanted to know what are the standard sizes of photos I should use in the scrapbook and how do you print & trim them?

Obviously there are 4x6 and 5x7.... but what other sizes do you use?

3x3? 2x3? 3x5? When you use sizes like this, do you just trim the photos with a paper trimmer?

I feel like these are kinda silly questions... but this is a world I've never ventured to before lol.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated!

4x6 & 5x7 - you could do 8x10 too
wallets is another size that you can order - I would order one from where you usually get the pics from & see what size that one has
any other size you can cut down

I print my own & usually do 5x7 & 3.5x5 (that is 2 pics on the 5x7 & 4 pics on the other for a page on my printer)

I use a software program to print mine in differnt sizes.. 3x3, 2x3 and get several on a 4x6 photo, 3x5 and cut the trim off when I have them printed..

It also allows you to do 3x4 (2 to a 4x6 sheet); 4x4 w/ 2- 2x2s to a 4x6, 6- 2x2s to a 4x6 sheet..

I use this software..I downloaded it from the web, it was suggested by some other DISboard members a while back.. www.photility.com click the image by the word photosheet.

I would keep it at standard sizes 4 x 6, 5 x 7, or 8 x 10. Wallets are usually 2.5 x 3.5 and some people order 3.5 x 5 sized photos too.Those are usually the most popular printed sizes if you are ordering photos. Most photo printing places allow you to print collage photos which I trim down too. It is similar to what PN96 is talking about. Since this is your first scrapbook, I would keep the photo sizes simple until you get the hang of it. Technically you can make photos any size you want though. If you do a google search for scrapbook sketches, this may help you with ideas for photo sizes and layouts?

I cut my photos with a paper trimmer. If you are making photo mats make them slightly bigger than the photo, like 4.25 x 6.25. You do not have to have photo mats either though, just so you know. Good luck! I have made several gift scrapbooks for weddings and it is usually appreciated : )

I order standard sizes - mostly 4x6 or the digital option for the same price which is smaller. If there's excess background or something that I don't want or I need a smaller photo, I use a 2 inch square punch, or, I have a 3x3 window template made out of a pice of cardstock that I can move around on the photo to decide where I want to crop it smaller. Sometimes, like the "Pam" pages I posted on the Precious Memories thread, I order 5 x 7 (free, I had credits) and crop it smaller, just to get a little bigger detail. The photo in the lower right corner started life as a 5x7.

I use a software program to print mine in differnt sizes.. 3x3, 2x3 and get several on a 4x6 photo, 3x5 and cut the trim off when I have them printed..

It also allows you to do 3x4 (2 to a 4x6 sheet); 4x4 w/ 2- 2x2s to a 4x6, 6- 2x2s to a 4x6 sheet..

I use this software..I downloaded it from the web, it was suggested by some other DISboard members a while back.. www.photility.com click the image by the word photosheet.

Thanks for the software suggestion. I like using wallets sometimes but hate paying so much and getting 3 more than I need. I'll try that out.

Laura&fam:

I love this software... I use it all the time and have never had an issue with it... other than the time to cut the 3.5x 3.5 squares... but it's so nice to print the photos out in the standard size of 4x6 and get the awesome prices!!!!

I usually just get mostly 4x6. Occasionally I will get wallet or 5x7 if I want the picture of a certain spot.

I perfer getting mine printed from sam's or another place as opposed to doing it myself. Just personal perference.

Denise in MI

I print 99% of mine at the shutterfly, winkflash, snapfish.... they will take the photo sheets on the 4x6s of various sizes and print them with their 4x6 pricing...

I have save a lot of money this way.... I'm about to order another round this weekend...
back to my pages... just a drive by to check in...

PrincessNancy96 said:

This was a life saver to me. I read about it on another board, but I LOVE Photosheet, I use it all.the time. Upload my pics to Shutterfly and pick up at Target.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter