New "Ultimate Nights" tour that skips Pandora lines

Orrrr.... not everyone shares the same likes, dislikes, preferences and bank account. :scared1:

This one isn't for me, but I can picture people/situations for which it would work and be "worth it" -- subjective.
Just stop...that is an outrageous price and there's no defense for it.

I mean...personal choice is really killing the pricing and that's why they are feeding it practically every week...

Sometimes group think can be a good thing

I mean...personal choice is really killing the pricing and that's why they are feeding it practically every week...

Outrageous is in the eye of the beholder. That is not an objective thing that follows your personal feeling. Just isn't. Why not refrain from insulting anyone who decides this is for them by essentially calling them a sucker? No need for that.

Outrageous is in the eye of the beholder. That is not an objective thing that follows your personal feeling. Just isn't. Why not refrain from insulting anyone who decides this is for them by essentially calling them a sucker? No need for that.

As always:

1. This is not an economics lecture on S&D...this is a monopoly where the customer holds tremendous control over the pricing (which is anti all tenants of economics) IF they act appropriately on price decisions (like the cabanas)
2. "It's my opinion, so I can't be wrong" is wrong...and gives license to the silly.

Now we can move on. I won't point out the obvious damage to the whole picture...you don't give me the afterschool special "everybody is unique", speech...K?

As always:

1. This is not an economics lecture on S&D...this is a monopoly where the customer holds tremendous control over the pricing (which is anti all tenants of economics) IF they act appropriately on price decisions (like the cabanas)
2. "It's my opinion, so I can't be wrong" is wrong...and gives license to the silly.

Now we can move on. I won't point out the obvious damage to the whole picture...you don't give me the afterschool special "everybody is unique", speech...K?
So unnecessarily rude sometimes.

Your 1. doesn't negate my point that some will feel like this offer is worth it to them. You aren't the final arbiter and what is or isn't "overpriced". That's my point. I never argued that if enough deem it overpriced, it will end. That's an obvious reality.

Your 2. is not at all what I said. I think you're misapplying here.

Well I purchased it for 5 of us. My time is valuable. I have a very short timeframe for parks - 4 days and a park a day. All FOP FP where gone right at my window at 7am Florida time. This was the only way we'd experience FOP without huge waits... didn't hurt we get a FP for all the popular rides. Made our AK day very easy to plan.
I bit the bullet and paid the price.
So unnecessarily rude sometimes.

Your 1. doesn't negate my point that some will feel like this offer is worth it to them. You aren't the final arbiter and what is or isn't "overpriced". That's my point. I never argued that if enough deem it overpriced, it will end. That's an obvious reality.

Your 2. is not at all what I said. I think you're misapplying here.

I do agree that something being overpriced is a personal opinion. However I also agree that at some point pricing gets outrageous and that is true whether a luxury is worth it to some people. Where is the line? That is the difficulty but keep in mind that slippery slopes tend to become worse and worse.

I find all of this creepy in a way. It feels wrong but I understand that this is just my opinion.

Your statements have been quite rude. What's an outrageous price to you, might not be to others.

I just booked this tour December 7th. Why? Because I like the idea of it, and I wanted to. We visit WDW twice each year and sometimes it's fun to throw in something a little different. We were fortunate enough to ride FOP several times in June and it quickly rose to our #1 attraction. With reports of FP+ being gone when the booking window opens, I don't want to chance not being able to ride (and I refuse to stand in any queue that's longer than 30-45 minutes) so this tour assures that we'll get on, barring technical difficulties of course. The other attractions, food, and drinks are just bonuses for us.

It's so silly to put down others because their decision wouldn't be your decision.

Thank you for saying. I booked it myself, and we couldn't get the Fast Passes for Flights of Passage, and the Animal Kingdom is in the middle of our stay, so having a morning off, would be good to not killing my feet. My last trip to WDW was great, except that my feet hurt so bad, I had to pay $100 for a pedicure to get just an ounce of healing to my feet with a foot massage, totally put a damper on the entire trip. I couldn't enjoy myself fully.

Funny because I wanted to know about experiences people have had, but it's the hate that has made my decision to keep these tickets.

Your statements have been quite rude. What's an outrageous price to you, might not be to others.

I just booked this tour December 7th. Why? Because I like the idea of it, and I wanted to. We visit WDW twice each year and sometimes it's fun to throw in something a little different. We were fortunate enough to ride FOP several times in June and it quickly rose to our #1 attraction. With reports of FP+ being gone when the booking window opens, I don't want to chance not being able to ride (and I refuse to stand in any queue that's longer than 30-45 minutes) so this tour assures that we'll get on, barring technical difficulties of course. The other attractions, food, and drinks are just bonuses for us.

It's so silly to put down others because their decision wouldn't be your decision.

Thank you for saying. I booked it myself, and we couldn't get the Fast Passes for Flights of Passage, and the Animal Kingdom is in the middle of our stay, so having a morning off, would be good to not killing my feet. My last trip to WDW was great, except that my feet hurt so bad, I had to pay $100 for a pedicure to get just an ounce of healing to my feet with a foot massage, totally put a damper on the entire trip. I couldn't enjoy myself fully.

Funny because I wanted to know about experiences people have had, but it's the hate that has made my decision to keep these tickets.

Enjoy your tour experience! :upsidedow Don't let others get you down. The first time I mentioned that we do two days of a VIP tour on our WDW trips, I spent the entire post doing :duck:because others decided it's a waste of money. It's expensive, but I can afford it without worry, so why the heck would I not do it? Our tour guide is practically family now and we have an absolute blast. In December, we're doing one day of that plus the AK tour as I had to shorten the trip by two days due to my work schedule.

For those who have been on these types of tours before, what is the experience like....traveling around with the same 25 people from ride to ride? Do you sometimes meet new friends? What if you have that one family that is really loud and obnoxious, is there a way to kind of distance yourself but still be in the tour? Also, when you go to get on the rides, do you go through the fastpass line or is it like a front of the line thing where you follow a leader who works for Disney? I saw one time on tv where a group of roller coaster VIPers were booed by other people in line because they got to basically pass everyone and ride right away.

Hi I just did a non-private VIP tour at Universal with 8 other people. We were very lucky with the group that we got. They were families with kids around the same ages and everyone was very nice. This was an 8 hour tour of both parks and lunch. I have heard of people who don't get along in a group and it can be a miserable day. The tour I went on you could walk a little in front of back of the other people but not much. We made friends and had a great time. I would do it again and take my chances with getting people I get along with. We followed a tour guide for the day. It was awesome and we got to go to the front of the line for all the rides plus get little sneak peaks at things. I am sure whether it is Disney or anywhere else they are about the same with a tour guide. Yes we had to deal with people blocking us and giving us a hard time getting through even with a guide. We just kept showing our VIP pass. The tour we went on was reasonable for what you got.

Well I purchased it for 5 of us. My time is valuable. I have a very short timeframe for parks - 4 days and a park a day. All FOP FP where gone right at my window at 7am Florida time. This was the only way we'd experience FOP without huge waits... didn't hurt we get a FP for all the popular rides. Made our AK day very easy to plan.
I bit the bullet and paid the price.
I just booked this for my sister and myself. We don't get to Disney often (last time was over four years ago, and we're not sure when we'll be able to go back), and all the fastpasses for FOP were already gone at 7am the day out window opened, too.

I know that it's expensive, but, because it might be the only time we would get to ride FOP, plus we'll get to go on the other rides we wanted to go on, without having to wait on a long standby line, I figured it would be a special experience that we would, hopefully, not regret spending the money for!

You can do whatever you want. No one to argue. But that doesn't make those decisions "right".

$269 for a fast pass and a seat for a show that nobody even really likes? I mean...interpret that differently for me and perhaps I can see things a bit differently...

The problem here - as always - is that I expect reasonable adults to make reasonable decisions. And with each up sell, that hope diminishes. It's a lot of things...some of it ego - wanting to be "special" in a meat market...I imagine a lot of it is just assuming It's Disney - so it's "worth it". That thinking is outdated in many situations.

Does that make me happy? No...
I wish they'd go the extra mile. But these outrageous things are all part of a single money machine...tied together. It's not limited to "personal choice"...each "I think it's worth it" is analyazed, recomputed, and repackaged behind the scenes to try to figure out their revenue problems and compensate from all their other complex business dealings.

Like the downward spiral of their free money cable stations...and bob pouring money into china to try to "force" them to love Mickey Mouse.

Call me rude...I've been called worse...but don't make the mistake of thinking I'm uninformed about how they operate or haven't put the thought needed into this to form the judgement. This is not that hard of a trend to track. If the popup tents in the smoking area of tommorrowland for $549 a day didn't convince you that they've literally decided "a pirate's life for me!" Is the way to go...then I suppose nothing will.

"Individual choices" affect everyone. Is that too heavy for some who only want to bubbles and balloons when planning their annual trip? Probably...I don't even think it's fair...but it's also fundamentally correct.

I'll take the label of "rude"...if that makes it better (but the tone never changes the substance). It doesn't fit for calling this thing insane on a value level. Flight of passage is a RIDE...and it's not going anywhere. That bad, huh? I am glad they are putting in new rides...but having mobs that people can't navigate with their ride rationing system only says one thing: there still isn't enough value in their normal ticket...the one that is necessary for longterm success for TWDC.
I also find it odd people will wait 90 minutes for space mountain or mine train...but won't for this. That to me sounds like a rejection of the rest of animal kingdom. Must have fastpass? Nothing else to do?

The "it's my choice...so I'm not wrong and don't want to hear about it..." is
..."weak"...to leave it civilized. Other things apply too.

I'll stand where I stand. I've been wrong before...but I also win quite a few of these revolving arguments.

Take it with as much salt as needed. Or just dismiss - that is your right. However never question "why does that cost so much?" Later. Nope...can't pick and choose when you want to be responsible. Responsible Consumerism.

I just booked this for my sister and myself. We don't get to Disney often (last time was over four years ago, and we're not sure when we'll be able to go back), and all the fastpasses for FOP were already gone at 7am the day out window opened, too.

I know that it's expensive, but, because it might be the only time we would get to ride FOP, plus we'll get to go on the other rides we wanted to go on, without having to wait on a long standby line, I figured it would be a special experience that we would, hopefully, not regret spending the money for!
As I've shared, I don't think this one is for me, but I can see it being worth it for some: short trip, one-time trip, no FoP FP available, available disposable income, etc. Because "worth it" is in the eye of the beholder -- always has been, always will be. No matter what anyone says, there is no objective value to this or any other offering -- it's all subjective. There is no right answer that makes one person a "responsible consumer" and one an "irresponsible consumer" when we're talking about vacation/leisure spending with an ethically responsible company. Attending this is not claiming that one is "right"... because there is no such thing as right or wrong in this scenario.

Like with any offering, if enough people sign up and like it, it will continue. If their surveys tell them there's interest but the price was too high, they'll tweak the price. If it's a fail, they'll discontinue. We've seen it time and time again. That's business.

Hope you enjoy it and report back! :)

My last trip was in June right after Pandora opened. All of the rides listed were walk ons with the exception of FoP and NRJ. You could still do all of these in half a day with no FP. If someone is deciding to do this for the FP alone watch the line times. It may not be the "value" you think it is. Plus you only get a quick serve meal. I may be wrong as I've never done VIP tours but don't most of the other VIP tours include a table service meal?

I may be wrong as I've never done VIP tours but don't most of the other VIP tours include a table service meal?
I think they do. We did the VIP Star Wars tour years back and had the meal at Mama Melrose. Slow service, icky food... in our survey I said we would have preferred quick service to that, with more time in the park. Waste of time.

I think they do. We did the VIP Star Wars tour years back and had the meal at Mama Melrose. Slow service, icky food... in our survey I said we would have preferred quick service to that, with more time in the park. Waste of time.
I am just blown away what is, or really what is not, included in this tour. Satuli is good but not $265 plus $100 admission good. FoP is awesome, but not nearly $400 awesome. I never had FPs for it and still rode it four or five times AND rode everything else on the list and were done in half a day.

I am just blown away what is, or really what is not, included in this tour. Satuli is good but not $265 plus $100 admission good. FoP is awesome, but not nearly $400 awesome. I never had FPs for it and still rode it four or five times AND rode everything else on the list and were done in half a day.
Subjective. As with ALL offerings. :)

I am waiting to hear some reviews from the actual experience - I recall some advertisements for it indicating some "behind the scenes" components to it as well. If there is something "unique" to it then I see some additional value there. If it is literally the equivalent to some FPs and a QS meal then I don't see it . But if others do them more power to them and I hope they enjoy it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter