New website - aaaarrrrgggghhhh!

Hilary

There's always something new to learn!
We're trying to plan our next year's holiday and are thinking about trying to trade out to somewhere in Europe (for reasons too complicated to go into here!).

So, I went to check out the World Passport collection resorts from the DVC site but, of course, I couldn't get any information because everything's now switched to the new site and we don't yet have our PIN to access it. :mad:

It's so frustrating because there isn't even the option of phoning MS at the weekend to get help. :(

Not a happy bunny :sad2:

Hilary,

I think I downloaded these to my PC somewhere. Bear with me and I'll see if I can find them and email them to you if you like?

Cheers

Karen

Karen, that would be great :), but please don't worry if you can't.

We'd be interested mainly in France, Spain, Italy, Portugal, Balearics, Malta, Mediera.

I'm currently trying to search on Google for resort names listed in the DVC Vacation Planner, but it's time-consuming and not very productive :rolleyes:

Hilary, sorry! :(

Can't find them anywhere! Fingers crossed for your Google search (I know what you mean about it being unproductive), failing that hopefully your PIN arrives tomorrow (I haven't had mine yet either).

If it helps at all, I do remember there were some nice looking places in the locations you mention.
Sorry. I should have looked before I said.

Karen

Karen - no problem. Thanks for looking anyway :)

I've just read a post on the main DVC board saying that the World Passport resort details aren't to be found on the new site anyway yet! :rolleyes:

I don't feel quite so hard done by not having my PIN now, but I wish they'd kept the old site going in parallel until they'd ironed out all the teething troubles with the new one.

Hi Hilary,
If you still need the Europe destinations I have them. PM me with you email address and I'll send them over.

Mick.

:smooth:

Originally posted by Hilary
I've just read a post on the main DVC board saying that the World Passport resort details aren't to be found on the new site anyway yet! :rolleyes:

I don't feel quite so hard done by not having my PIN now, but I wish they'd kept the old site going in parallel until they'd ironed out all the teething troubles with the new one.

I was always very impressed with the previous site. Tihs duplicated the information given in the member guide book.
I love going to my home resort, but I do feel that DVC are on a cost cutting agenda. First the quide book goes, no problem you could still access this via the web site, even if this was 2002-2003 edition. Now this has gone from the new site. Very little information on resorts apart from DVC ones. I wonder why that is?

The frony page is a very good marketing tool for interested customers, but once you get past that to member log in it should provide equal information on all venues. This is not the case. I do feel DCV are being very dishonest and biased regarding the way this site and DVc in going:mad:

Both DH and I received our pins today. I have registered with the site and had a quick look around. They now have a link to the Interval International site with details of the Disney selected resorts in detail. I think this would be really good if we decide to use our points closer to home.

Hope you have your pin by now Hilary.

Anyone else having trouble registering?

It lets me fill in all the information, including wrong phone number as there aren't enough spaces for the number, then after I click on the register button it goes away for a second, then comes back to the same screen.
It doesn't say that I have any of the fields wrong, so I'm getting nowhere fast.

Kev

Our PINs have just arrived! Good job I'm not in work today and can play with the new site and try to register.

I'll report back later to let you know whether I managed to get in ;)

Success!

First attempt told me to amend the phone number.
Second attempt told me to change my user name - and that my First name, Middle name and Last name were invalid LOL :confused:
Third time lucky :)

The information on the World Passport locations seems better than on the old site, so it was worth the wait for me.

Sorry, Kevin, I don't know what could be the problem with your registration - unless they've already been warned about you ;)

Originally posted by Kevin Stringer
Anyone else having trouble registering?

It lets me fill in all the information, including wrong phone number as there aren't enough spaces for the number, then after I click on the register button it goes away for a second, then comes back to the same screen.
It doesn't say that I have any of the fields wrong, so I'm getting nowhere fast.

Kev

I'm having exactly the same thing here, I've changed the beginning of the phone number to a US code in case it didn't recognise the fake numbers I put in (like you say, it won't fit a UK #) This has been happening since yesterday - getting fed up with it now, I'm going to have to admit defeat and phone them I guess.

I'm having exactly the same thing here, I've changed the beginning of the phone number to a US code in case it didn't recognise the fake numbers I put in (like you say, it won't fit a UK #)
Not sure if this will help with the phone number, but I got it to accept a number in the format of 3 digits, 3 digits, 4 digits. As it won't accept 'real' UK numbers, I guess it doesn't really matter what you put in so you could, for example, try 012 345 6789.

HTH

Hi Hilary,

Thanks for that, but that's exactly what I've done and it just keeps reloading to the same page, but not showing any error - looks like I'm not meant to get in! LOL

I did even try putting in my DB's US phone number incase it needed a 'real' code, but that didn't work either.

I'll get round to phoning them eventually!

I have the same problem and Jo and Kev :(

I was so excited to get the pin too.....

Hi Kaylee

I don't know if this helps with your problem at all, but I already had a email address and password from Disney.com which I just then used again for the DVC website (with my Membership ID & PIN obviously). I had absolutely no problems getting signed on. (apart from my phone number and I simply dropped the "0" from the front and entered the rest in the format they wanted)

Is it worh you registering with Disney.com and doing it that way round (If you have already done that, sorry!)?

I hope you manage to get on soon!

Karen

Got it! Just rang MS and the 'problem' was that I had selected 'United Kingdom', as soon as I selected 'Great Britain (UK)' I got straight in. :crazy:

Thanks Jo, your post got me entered too. Amazing, Great Britain and United Kingdom in the same drop-down menu! I never know whether I'm looking for England, Great Britain or United Kingdom on these things :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter