New Year's BC vs. BW

princesspooh323

Mouseketeer
We are planning our first New Year's trip to disney. We presently have Dec. 30-Jan 4 booked at Beach Club. We like studios, because the kids are still young, and we want to save the points. At this points, we are thankful to have our home resort. We were originally thinking Bay Lake, but we were told that being in the Epcot area is a much better location for New Year's Eve. We may or may not go into the parks that day as that we would prefer to enjoy the fireworks away from the record crowds.

The kids mentioned that they would like to try boardwalk, and my husband and I were wondering if it might be a better location. We are considering signing up for a waitlist studio boardwalk view at BWV. We are thinking we would likely have a better view if the kids get tired and we are stuck in our room.

Does anyone have any new year's experience at either resort? We are assuming that a wait list room is almost impossible, but if it is a bit of a better view then we could at least try.

Thank you!

I have stayed at the Boardwalk for New Years many times. It is my favorite place in Disney to be for New Years and it was good when our kids were young as well. The large grass area in the midle of the resort facing the boardwalk is a fun place for the kids to run around and have fun and there is a lot of entertainment on the boardwalk for the kids. I do not recomend going to the parks on new years eve. It is the worse experience of the year and the lines are over 2 hours for everything. stay out of the parks on new years eve. You can stay at the beach club and simply go across to the baordwalk to enjoy the festivities.

Thank you. How is the view from the room? I know at beach club we really don't stand a chance of having much of a view. We are thinking boardwalk views might allow us to sit on the patio if the kids fall asleep?

if you can get a boardwalk view, they are great, but there are limited numbers of these views. I have a reservation for a 1 bedroom at Boardwalk with a preferred view for Dec 27 to Jan 2 with a preferred view, but I have no gaurantee that it will be a boardwalk or pool view. I am actually not going now so I will be selling my reservation.

if you can get a boardwalk view, they are great, but there are limited numbers of these views. I have a reservation for a 1 bedroom at Boardwalk with a preferred view for Dec 27 to Jan 2 with a preferred view, but I have no gaurantee that it will be a boardwalk or pool view. I am actually not going now so I will be selling my reservation.
Unless that's an RCI reservation, your reservation will be either boardwalk or pool/garden view. Those two are separate booking categories and guaranteed.

Can we see Epcot from a boardwalk view?

Yes. The higher the floor the better the view. The farther from the elevators the better the view. When we have stayed for NYE we did not like the elbow-to-elbow crowds at Epcot but did enjoy the DJ and party on the Village Green at BWV. We then went to our BW view room balcony to watch the fireworks. You miss the low fireworks but I prefer it to the crush of drunks in the park.

Thank you. It sounds like if by some miracle we can wait list into BWV it would be a better resort for our purposes than BCV.

You are very unlikely to get a Boardwalk View for New Years Eve without being an owner - that is one of the nights that the waitlist is started by lunchtime eleven months out and even being an owner - you need to be calling right at eleven months. And its one of the few times of year when Boardwalk View goes faster than Standard View. You might luck into a cancellation if you stalk the website - but you'd have to be really lucky.

If your kids want to try the Boardwalk, you might have success with a preferred view, but if they want the Boardwalk View, a different time of year would be more likely.

The way I look at it it can't hurt to waitlist. Usually we wouldn't want the boardwalk view because of the noise. We just thought it might be fun to try. We wait listed. If we get in great, if we don't we love our home, Beach Club.

We lucked out and got a boardwalk view for NYE 2 years ago. I believe I got it just by chance when I was looking at the website about 4 months out. We only stayed there that one night, then moved over to OKW for the rest of our trip. It was well worth the premium points we spent. Incredible view of 2 fireworks shows, plus the Boardwalk was a lot of fun that night!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter