Newbie Help: Which resort for rental?

AC7179

Registered
We have never stayed at a DVC property before. We are normally Disneylanders and prefer Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel.

We are hoping to take a trip next Thanksgiving and are interested in renting points.

My mother and father, myself and my husband, and my three daughters (one which will be only 2 when we go) will be traveling.

I would like to rent a two bedroom villa. I understand the process of renting points. We are pretty decided on Old Key West because of the size, but I'm now debating some other properties.

My father is used to waking up ridiculously early, like 3 or 4 am. I think it would be best if we slept only in the two bedrooms and had the living room area as a place people could hang out at night before they chose to go to bed, or early in the morning if they wake up before others. I thought Old Key West was the only resort that guaranteed the two queen beds in one of the bedrooms, instead of just one, but I'm seeing now Bay Lake Towers looks like they have the two beds in one of the bedroom as well. Is that guaranteed? It would be a deal-breaker for me if it wasn't guaranteed.

My father is used to waking up ridiculously early, like 3 or 4 am. I think it would be best if we slept only in the two bedrooms and had the living room area as a place people could hang out at night before they chose to go to bed, or early in the morning if they wake up before others. I thought Old Key West was the only resort that guaranteed the two queen beds in one of the bedrooms, instead of just one, but I'm seeing now Bay Lake Towers looks like they have the two beds in one of the bedroom as well. Is that guaranteed? It would be a deal-breaker for me if it wasn't guaranteed.

A dedicated 2-bedroom villa will have two queen beds in the second bedroom.
A lock-off 2-bedroom villa is made of up a 1-bedroom and a studio with a connecting door. The studio becomes the second bedroom and at all resorts (except OKW) will have a queen bed and a sleeper sofa. Studios at OKW have 2 queen beds.

When both lock-offs and dedicated 2-bedroom are available at a resort, they are guaranteed booking categories.

When the kids were young we always stayed at OKW 2 bedroom. So much room to chill when the little ones took a nap!
We liked getting some key lime pie from Olivia's and sit out on the balcony when the kids went to sleep.
Now that the kids are much older we love BCV because we like to eat and visit Epcot at night!

Thanks, all!

I've noticed the points for a BWV is comparable to OKW and relatively lower compared to many. I thought BWV was a hot resort and expected points to be higher. Why is it on par with OKW?

Thanks, all!

I've noticed the points for a BWV is comparable to OKW and relatively lower compared to many. I thought BWV was a hot resort and expected points to be higher. Why is it on par with OKW?

I wouldn't expect to get BWV standard view this far into the 11-month window. You should budget for the pool/garden view.

You would need a dedicated 2 BR to guarantee 2 queen beds. There are 2 exceptions to this "rule"-- BWV where there are NO dedicated 2 BRs, only lock offs, and BCV where only about 24 of the dedicated 2 BRs have the 2 queen bed configuration, the rest have a sofa bed in the second BR as well as in the LR. At BWV you cannot get 2 queens because there are no dedicated 2 BRs .

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos or autocorrects!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter