Newbie just booked Harmony of the Seas

Discussion in 'Royal Caribbean' started by jaminmd, Jun 18, 2017.

1. jaminmd

jaminmd DIS Veteran

Hi all,
    Just booked Harmony of the Seas for my daughter's 21st birthday - her choice.. I've only cruised once and it was DCL, so I feel a little lost. Where's the best place for me to start?
    Thanks!

2. starvenger

starvenger DIS Veteran

I'd start with https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/ - lots of informative blog posts and podcasts to go through.

The Cruise Critic boards have a subsection about Florida embarkation ports - lots of information about Fort Lauderdale such as hotels, restaurants and getting to/from Port Everglades from FLL/MIA.

jaminmd likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. adisneyaunt

adisneyaunt DIS Veteran

I second cruise critic. Awesome info, help, people there. Bon Voyage!

jaminmd and starvenger like this.
  5. ZerasPride

ZerasPride DVC Member Since 2001

I will third cruise critic. They have trip reports, photos and very lively discussions about all the RCCL ships. They discuss everything from the beverage packages and which decks are best to pick for your stateroom to specialty dining and shore excursions.

jaminmd likes this.
  6. jaminmd

jaminmd DIS Veteran

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. :-)

7. krysenchips

krysenchips Mouseketeer

I second Royal Caribbean Blog. They are about to do a live blog series from the Harmony. They set sail tomorrow, so you will have real time information about what's going on on the ship currently. Matt, who runs the site, is very informative and gives a ton of info in his live blogs.

8. LD NURSE

LD NURSE Mouseketeer

I am going on Harmony Of the Seas Too! Cruise Critic is awesome!

9. king kamehameha

king kamehameha Poly Beach Comber

I am a fan of GOOGLE when it comes to researching ships. Just search the ship name and then click on "images" and you will find thousands candid images from all over the ship and ports of call. You can refine the images by typing in the name of a certain restaurant, menu, activity or any other specific interest you may have. The best feeling in the world is knowing you have a cruise coming up! pirate: Have fun!!

10. SevenWonkas

SevenWonkas Mouseketeer

YouTube is also a wonderful resource for ship tours! And if you're lucky you may find a vlogger who has did videos on the ship!