Newbie Swap Interest/Preparation Thread

rlovew

DIS Veteran
I will be hostessing a General Disney Newbie thread starting the beginning of September with a due date at the begining of November.

All groups will have 5 people and will be for 1 element only per person.

Groups will be:

Disney Characters

Magic Kingdom

Epcot

Hollywood Studios

Animal Kingdom

General Disney

They will include our regular element list. What I am looking for now is a few experienced swappers who will do a more experienced piece in each group- so that those who have never heard of a type of element can see it done. If you can include instructions of how you did it or point nebies to places on the board where they can find instructions for it- that would be great. So I am looking for people that would be in any of the categories above doing: matchboxes, handmade paper piecings, shaker boxes, slide mounts, and such. Understand this is a swap for newbies and while we all want to share quality pieces with one another remember back to your first swaps and what the work you did looked like - I know being in swaps has improved what I do.

If you are interested in doing this than please pm me and I will put your name in the group with the element you will do on sign-ups. My goal would be to have at least one experienced piece in each group.

When this swap opens I will limit it to sign-ups for those with less than 3 swaps completed on the board for the first 24 hours and then allow other experienced swappers to fill out groups.

I will ask new swappers to limit themselves to one group in each category and will not be opening new groups just for experienced swappers.

Again the point of this swap is to support our new swappers so they are comfortable with swapping and learn about the various different elements they can make.

Rebecca

This is a great set up Rebecca! I would like to help. I'll think about this and send you a pm.

I would like to participate I have been swapping on Two Peas and Splitcoast. i do not consider myself a rookie. I am to this site but not to swapping. I am always on time and I do believe my work is quality I have a gallery on two peas if you want to check it out. My user name is the same amyhumphrey so you can look it up if you wish thanks

:welcome: We love newcomers! Most if not all of our swaps are open to newcomers - -check out the calendar to see if there are any other swaps you interested in joining.

I think this is not just about your work but also to get established over here.
Most of our swaps limit people that we have not swapped with to 2 groups until we get to know you.

Welcome Amy!:flower3:

Welcome Amy! You are welcome to join this swap as well as any others- this one will just have less strict requirements than others so those not sure about swapping can start being comfortable. The other thing is that it allows new swappers to join more groups than others as well as a variety as most of our Disney swaps focus on one park.

We have had many new swappers that have done amazing work at the same point since this was the first place I swapped I have seen a great move in quality in my swaps over time- again it depends on how much scrapping and swapping others have done in the past.

I also know that some people new to swapping don't know what all of the elements are so part of this is alo to try and allow them to see what certain things are and how to do them.

If you enjoy Disney i will be running a DHS swap at the same time as this one with similar start and due dates so everything can be mailed at once.

Rebecca

I am new to this swap and am in a couple of swaps on the Cricut messageboards. I am currently in one swap on this board, so I would like to be in this swap to get myself acquainted with the swaps that go on and the people on these boards.

I am new to this swap and am in a couple of swaps on the Cricut messageboards. I am currently in one swap on this board, so I would like to be in this swap to get myself acquainted with the swaps that go on and the people on these boards.

Welcome- I will post sign ups for this about the 10th of September in the morning.

Rebecca

Hi Pappar!
Youre in my swap and Im looking forward to swapping with you!
Everyone on here is just great. If you have questions for concerns everyone is here for you and Rebecca is just SO helpful, and a great hostess too!:hippie:

Hello, I'd like to join this swap if there are still spaces! I am a very experienced scrapper, previously have taught many workshops and techniques......I just haven't been a very ACTIVE scrapper in the last year or so! My dd and I just made a trip to WDW week before last. I need some motivation to get me working on my pages for the trip, and I thought this might get me moving on it!

I'll be glad to provide additional information as needed.

Thanks!
Libby

Welcome Libby! Sign-ups for this swap haven't started yet so all the spots are still open. Rebecca said she'd open sign-ups on the morning of the 10th of September. So, be here on the 10th and sign-up!!!

Welcome to our section of the board LibbyT- glad to have you- I was away this weekend- as Stephanie said this swap will be opening on Sept 10th so you will be able to sign up in each group then. In addition, I will be starting the Hollywood Studios swap about that time - with about the same due date (to save everyone postage).

Rebecca

Thanks for your welcoming posts! Will sign ups be on this thread or on a sticky?

Rebecca, were you at the SDV this weekend? If so, how was it? I have been a vendor for them in the past.

Libby

Sign ups will be in a new post- but it will not be a sticky. I will start the post on the 10th when I get up and on the computer.

Yes- I was at SDV- it was lots of fun- a group of us from the boards was there- we have a sticky in the scrapbooking area with more about it. There were definately less vendors than normal there (they said prices had gone up). I didn't buy much and had trouble finding the journaling pens I needed at 9:30 on friday- most vendors had not brought any.

Rebecca

Hi there! I am interested in the Newbie Swap! I have never participated in a swap before, although I am a long time scrapbooker (I've been scrapping for 13 years!). :)

I live in Ontario, Canada - is that a problem regarding participating in the swap?

Thanks,
Rhonda :)

Hi there! I am interested in the Newbie Swap! I have never participated in a swap before, although I am a long time scrapbooker (I've been scrapping for 13 years!). :)

I live in Ontario, Canada - is that a problem regarding participating in the swap?

Thanks,

Welcome Rhonda! We will still let you play with us even if you live outside the US!!!:goodvibes We've got a few gals that live in England. You will just need to mail earlier to ensure your package gets to the hostess on time and be sure to send her enough $$ to cover the return postage.

Thanks,

As Stephanie said Welcome! and of course you can play- just let me know how you want me to return things to you and send enough money to cover it.

Rebecca

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter