Newbie trying to figure it all out - VGC??

Looks like it was $112 in March 2009. The next one I see listed is July 2010 for $120. So I'm guessing they got in at $112. I'm jealous! I don't know how to run all the numbers you did above but I think they came out pretty well!
There were not a lot of people who would be willing to drop nearly 20k+ in 2009 on any financial asset, much less a new Disney timeshare.

Yeah...it wasn't a great year, that's for sure.

So I just searched the deeds page again. Still no deeds at all recorded after April 6th. Unless I'm doing this wrong.

@AstroBlasters How many days after closing on your VGC contract did it show on the recorder site? Did you just search your last name?

Still nothing under my name. And still nothing recorded after April 6th. Booo.

At least a week, but they could be behind a day or two because of the Easter holiday.

Any idea if it's normal for no deeds at all to show up on their site for the past week? Since I've never searched before, I have no clue if that's just how it always is.

Who is sitting here trying to figure out if it's possible to squeeze in a 4 or 5 night trip to WDW this Winter? Not me. Nope. Not at all. :laughing:
mando-way-this-is-the-way.gif

Who is sitting here trying to figure out if it's possible to squeeze in a 4 or 5 night trip to WDW this Winter? Not me. Nope. Not at all. :laughing:
That’s the things with points…like Chad from *********** has said, “it switches you from a scarcity mentality to an abundance mentality”.

We've never gone to WDW for less than 7 or 8 nights. So not sure what we'd think of a shorter trip. Southwest has direct flights from here to MCO, which we've never had before. I feel like that makes it slightly less of a hassle than usual (especially with our son who struggles on travel days.)

But...it still ends up costing a fair amount for airfare, tickets, food, car service, and kenneling our dog. So not sure if it's worth it or not, honestly. (Especially since we have a huge expense this fall of re-carpeting our entire house.)

We've never gone to WDW for less than 7 or 8 nights. So not sure what we'd think of a shorter trip. Southwest has direct flights from here to MCO, which we've never had before. I feel like that makes it slightly less of a hassle than usual (especially with our son who struggles on travel days.)

But...it still ends up costing a fair amount for airfare, tickets, food, car service, and kenneling our dog. So not sure if it's worth it or not, honestly. (Especially since we have a huge expense this fall of re-carpeting our entire house.)
Direct flights are a game changer.

Direct flights are a game changer.

In my entire life, I've never taken a direct flight to my destination.

I wish we had a direct flight to SNA but the best we can do is LAX (usually awful times) so we just stick with a layover in Vegas, Phoenix, or Denver.

In my entire life, I've never taken a direct flight to my destination.

I wish we had a direct flight to SNA but the best we can do is LAX (usually awful times) so we just stick with a layover in Vegas, Phoenix, or Denver.
Wow! 😳 Layovers in general are no bueno… but with kids 🫣 ….. my wife just wouldn’t travel.

I'm totally wanting to plan a trip sometime in the winter, late 2023 or early 2024... dunno that it will happen. Since you'll own at VGC, would you want to go there for your 4-5 day trip?

Wow! 😳 Layovers in general are no bueno… but with kids 🫣 ….. my wife just wouldn’t travel.

Yeah, in February we got stuck in Denver. It was only an extra couple hours but our son was so upset. Not a good time.

He actually did better when we drove last summer. 4 days drive out and 3 days drive home. It was just less stressful for all of us.

I'm totally wanting to plan a trip sometime in the winter, late 2023 or early 2024... dunno that it will happen. Since you'll own at VGC, would you want to go there for your 4-5 day trip?

No, we're planning a longer trip there next June. Plus the flights are worse and we'd be unlikely to get a studio anyway.

I am seriously going to do the math to see if I could rationalize a few nights at SSR or something in early November? Or January? I have no idea what WDW is like in November though.

Honestly...I feel like it's going to be so different than when we last went in 2012! I need to do research on how their DAS system works too.

I am seriously going to do the math to see if I could rationalize a few nights at SSR or something in early November? Or January? I have no idea what WDW is like in November though.
November is a great time to go in terms of weather. It can be cool or warm, but the humidity is usually gone and hurricane season is pretty much over. Now, in terms of crowds, it's more crowded than January, at least until the Food & Wine Festival winds down (ends Nov. 18 this year, I think). Definitely avoid the first two weeks, which contain the Wine & Dine half-marathon weekend and Jersey Week. I'd try to go the week before Thanksgiving - but Epcot will be slammed that weekend due to F&W ending. That's why we like to go in January nowadays, avoiding Marathon weekend and MLK weekend.

Hmm...yeah...January definitely looks better. Is Marathon early or late January?

I wonder when the absolutely latest to book to be guaranteed a studio at that time would be. I would of course love to add a trip in there but I'd need to make sure we wouldn't run out of points for our other planned trips.

Hmm...yeah...January definitely looks better. Is Marathon early or late January?

I wonder when the absolutely latest to book to be guaranteed a studio at that time would be. I would of course love to add a trip in there but I'd need to make sure we wouldn't run out of points for our other planned trips.
Marathon Weekend is in early January, usually the weekend before MLK weekend, often but not always falls the weekend after New Year's. Next one will be Jan. 3-7, 2024. It doesn't fill the parks so much, but it does fill resort rooms, especially DVC studios. To be guaranteed a studio for Marathon Weekend you'd probably need the 11 month booking window, but after that January usually opens up pretty well except right around MLK weekend. I won't check current availability because it changes by the minute, but when you get your points you can check. I wouldn't be surprised if you could get something for late January at the 7-month window, particularly at the big resorts SSR, AKL, OKW.

Yeah, in February we got stuck in Denver. It was only an extra couple hours but our son was so upset. Not a good time.

He actually did better when we drove last summer. 4 days drive out and 3 days drive home. It was just less stressful for all of us.

No, we're planning a longer trip there next June. Plus the flights are worse and we'd be unlikely to get a studio anyway.

Honestly...I feel like it's going to be so different than when we last went in 2012! I need to do research on how their DAS system works too.
We are a 2 hour direct flight from Portland to John Wayne and fly through security because of TSA pre-check.

We can usually get from the airport to the hotel in under 30 minutes. It’s one reason going to FL is a tougher sell….

I'm jealous! For MCO, the direct flight for us is around 3 hours.

For SNA, it's basically 5-7 hours flying + layover. It's a shame we prefer Disneyland over WDW!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter