Newly scored waitlist reservation was supposed to replace existing reservation.

cruisehopeful

DIS Veteran
I had VDH booked for August and put in a waitlist for VGC for the same dates with the "replace current booking" option. Today, I got my confirmation that my waitlist came through - Hurray! I went to check the my points and I noticed that I still have the VDH booking that was supposed to be replaced. I'm not touching it for now, but I don't need both resorts. Is it normal for there to be some lag time when replacing a booking? I have plenty of time to cancel the first reservation and not worried about it. I'm just wondering if that's normal and something I should always be on the lookout for so I don't end up with 2 reservations at the same time.

It should not happen but it can. When I waitlist to replace a booking I always take a screenshot of that page, especially if I choose not to borrow.

I want proof of how I set it up and once you move from that screen, you won’t have it.

It should not happen but it can. When I waitlist to replace a booking I always take a screenshot of that page, especially if I choose not to borrow.

I want proof of how I set it up and once you move from that screen, you won’t have it.
Thank you! I'll definitely screenshot going forward.

I’ve had them borrow points to make a new reservation and leave the current reservation in place. Even when the replace reservation box was checked. Mistakes happen. They fixed it. I have had some spectacular mess ups by DVC over the years.

I have a similar question, so I figured I'd post it here... I have my home resort booked for Nov 1-9. Now that it's 7 months out, I want to try and do a split stay at Beach Club or Boardwalk for the second half of the trip, Nov 5-9. Of course now there's nothing available so I'm trying to wait-list it. If I modify my existing reservation it gives me the option to replace it, but only the entire reservation not just the dates I want to replace. I suppose I can just try a fresh wait-list request for the dates I want without replacing an existing reservation and just modify the existing reservation later, but I'd have to borrow to do that. Is there a better way to do this? Am I missing something? Thanks!

I have a similar question, so I figured I'd post it here... I have my home resort booked for Nov 1-9. Now that it's 7 months out, I want to try and do a split stay at Beach Club or Boardwalk for the second half of the trip, Nov 5-9. Of course now there's nothing available so I'm trying to wait-list it. If I modify my existing reservation it gives me the option to replace it, but only the entire reservation not just the dates I want to replace. I suppose I can just try a fresh wait-list request for the dates I want without replacing an existing reservation and just modify the existing reservation later, but I'd have to borrow to do that. Is there a better way to do this? Am I missing something? Thanks!

You have to contact MS to set up the waitlist so they can put in the note you only want it to replace part of your trip.

The easiest way to do it in the future is to always book it as a split stay from the start. If your waitlist never fills, then MS can combine into one before you go!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter