NEWS 5/17: Late 2019 itineraries released - link in post #1 (2020 watch thread will start soon)

We have had about the same time experience on the phone both ways! :) It is a toss up! Patience is needed with opening day bookings. Good luck with your booking.

Thanks - which way do you think I'd get through faster - calling DCL myself or calling Costco?

As of this evening, we’re out too ... main concern is being in the heat of the Caribbean for that length of time mid-summer. I sometimes struggle with the Florida weather when we visit in July/August. Not really a gamble we want to take at the expected price point. Southern Caribbean is still on my bucket list, but it may need to wait until retirement when I can go during the cooler months! Back to the drawing board for Summer 2019 plans.
I also don't like hot weather cruises, so I prefer northern Europe or Alaska in the summer.

We have had about the same time experience on the phone both ways! :) It is a toss up! Patience is needed with opening day bookings. Good luck with your booking.
Thank you - yes, I remember a loooong phone call when I booked Alaska last year on opening day! I hate having to do it again, but 2019 just works much better for us. Thanks for your help!

I also don't like hot weather cruises, so I prefer northern Europe or Alaska in the summer.

My only 2 cruises to date have been a DCL Alaska back when they started going there in 2011 and the inaugural Iceland in 2016 ... at this rate, I’ll never get to Castaway Cay! If an Antarctic cruise was a summer option, I would seriously consider it! Looking into Canada / New England instead. Other lines offer better itineraries (for us) than DCL and in summer no less, but since all we know from a cruise standpoint is DCL, we’re hesitant about jumping ship so to speak. We also travel with 3 kids, so that has an impact.

As of this evening, we’re out too ... main concern is being in the heat of the Caribbean for that length of time mid-summer. I sometimes struggle with the Florida weather when we visit in July/August. Not really a gamble we want to take at the expected price point. Southern Caribbean is still on my bucket list, but it may need to wait until retirement when I can go during the cooler months! Back to the drawing board for Summer 2019 plans.

The southern carribean ports are located close enough to the equator that they are warm year round. I haven’t checked yearly weather dates for the ports in question, but I don’t see you getting much relief based on time of year.

Phones are wonky. After I press 1 for english there's nothing but silence. Anyone else getting the same thing?

10 day June 29, 2019 Med in category 7A is $12,482.20
7 day June 22, 2019 Med in category 7A is $7,603.32

Is anyone able to see the price for the 11 night Southern on the Fantasy for 3 adults either 11b, 8a or 7a please

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter