News and Developments for Future In-Person runDisney Events

well, there's clearly going to be an announcement of some sort fairly soon, could even be today, updating the back end before the splash pages is pretty standard.

I'm getting redirected to rundisney

You know. the 5k is insanely popular. I wonder for weekends like Princess they're going to move to doing Expo on Friday, 5k Saturday, etc. So that more people can do the shorter/accesible races over the weekend and the days off from work are for the half+

I think someone was supposed to be on the staging site and was on the production site instead. Just looking at the dates I'm thinking either the January includes the Castaway run or they will have a virtual option to go along with the in person. It could also be a typo if they were not supposed to be published yet.

Really hoping for in person in January even though I won't be there this year and then a new race in the spring with a better theme than Star Wars.

The calendars usually list the day of the expo opening through the day of the last race.

I just do not understand why Disney would put Princess on a holiday weekend if they are worried about crowds.... why did they not do the following weekend?

As @azrivest notes in the Princess thread (and edit to add I didn't see @CP3uhoh also said this a few posts up):

January 6th through January 12th was the Marathon Weekend 2021 dates. Wednesday to Tuesday the following week (Castaway Challenge 5k was 1/12)
February 18th through February 21st were the Princess Weekend 2021 dates. Thursday to Sunday.

My guess is that the dates listed with these images from 2022 are simply carry-overs and may not be representative of the actual dates. But it's all just speculation.

Last edited:
Well, I accidentally booked a room at SSR this morning for the first weekend in Jan. Don't tell my DH. Lol! Maybe it was a premonition!

btw, no news from my TA yet - so they are not yet announcing it to them (if at all). I fear this will be the hardest signup ever.

I'm going to confirm that the date of registration is July 20.

Source:
First time I attempted to sign up for Dopey was for Dopey 2019. That is when they moved the registration date when switching away from active, and it was July 19. Which is when my husband and I were on vacation in Cartagena, Colombia and had no internet access. A friend had to get my bib, then we had to get rundisney to move it to my account, etc etc. Then I broke a hip in training and couldn't do it.

Second time I attempted was for Dopey 2021. The number of bibs was capped. I didn't get one during pre-registration but my husband got his. Had to try again, and missed again, BUT a friend got one for me. Same deal with having it transferred over, etc. Dopey goes virtual.

It is only fitting that this year, after 2 attempts, the registration would be July 20: My birthday, anniversary, and the day I am at discovery cove snorkeling with no internet access.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter