News and Developments for Future In-Person runDisney Events

I just spent a little time scrolling and clicking around on the rD website, and in the AP section of the WDW website... IT's got some cleaning up to do before rD announces anything. All the old 2020 and 2021 race dates/info is still up, AP pages haven't been updated, it's all kind of a hot mess. So any changes there might be our first sign of something coming along.

I got to thinking about the AP thing... while they're not selling them, would there even be an early registration for APs? DVC still exists, but would rD limit early registration to just DVC?? Maybe no early registration for anyone?

I just spent a little time scrolling and clicking around on the rD website, and in the AP section of the WDW website... IT's got some cleaning up to do before rD announces anything. All the old 2020 and 2021 race dates/info is still up, AP pages haven't been updated, it's all kind of a hot mess. So any changes there might be our first sign of something coming along.

I got to thinking about the AP thing... while they're not selling them, would there even be an early registration for APs? DVC still exists, but would rD limit early registration to just DVC?? Maybe no early registration for anyone?

It's an interesting question. Some active APs are still out there. Apparently, from what I've read on this site over on the DVC subs, Disney was still allowing DVC members to renew APs. We were planning on picking up APs again for 2022, so I'm hoping AP sales come back. I'd expect rD to allow for early registration for DVC and AP folks, but who knows at this point? We're well past "normal" these days.

I would guess their IT department will be making wholesale changes in a test environment and then they will replace everything with the new content rather than replacing/updating page by page in production. But they often slip up when doing this and some of the changes can be seen early so good thought to keep looking for updates. As for Annual Passes, they are not selling new ones but they are renewing. I renewed mine in March and also have DVC so I think there are still many of us out there who would be eligible for early registration if that even happens.

You can renew AP but there are only a few circumstances right now where you can buy new

I’m thinking early sign up for club run disney

You can renew AP but there are only a few circumstances right now where you can buy new

I’m thinking early sign up for club run disney
Is early sign up a listed perk of Club RunDisney? If they institute that as a perk - especially if registrations might be limited - I think they'd get a lot of people to become members of Club RunDisney. Without that perk, I don't think there is much incentive for the masses to become members.

There are certainly no guarantees, but it would be quite a slap in the face of AP holders who have stayed the course and maintained their APs through this difficult time just to have that benefit cut off as things are returning to normal. It would certainly be the end of my AP holding days as an out of state AP.

Is early sign up a listed perk of Club RunDisney? If they institute that as a perk - especially if registrations might be limited - I think they'd get a lot of people to become members of Club RunDisney. Without that perk, I don't think there is much incentive for the masses to become members.
It was at least at some tiers cause I vaguely remember chat on here wondering how this would effect AP/DVD/GO’s perk going forward

I had forgotten about Club Run Disney. I know they rolled that out in the pre-March 2020 era, but has anyone that's a member gotten any new news from them? The fact that they've extended it is a good sign?

It's an interesting question. Some active APs are still out there. Apparently, from what I've read on this site over on the DVC subs, Disney was still allowing DVC members to renew APs. We were planning on picking up APs again for 2022, so I'm hoping AP sales come back. I'd expect rD to allow for early registration for DVC and AP folks, but who knows at this point? We're well past "normal" these days.

APs still exist and APs are able to renew (I renewed) so I can’t imagine Disney eliminating AP benefits - Particularly when we’ve stuck with Disney! And I’m not a DVC/GO (thank you Marriott Lifetime Titanium 😀 - SD is my Disney “home” 😀)

There are certainly no guarantees, but it would be quite a slap in the face of AP holders who have stayed the course and maintained their APs through this difficult time just to have that benefit cut off as things are returning to normal. It would certainly be the end of my AP holding days as an out of state AP.
I renewed my AP in March for several reasons including the opportunity to get an extra early shot at securing a bib. My guess is that rD will still have an AP/DVC early registration, but it could be so limited in numbers and sell out so quickly that it becomes almost meaningless. In some respects that would be an even bigger slap in the face.

Also still an out-of-state AP holder here. I certainly hope to have early registration continue!
For 2021 MW weekend DH nor I were able to get into Goofy at early registration, even though we had multiple devices online at the moment registration opened, and I could not get in at regular registration either, since Goofy sold out extra fast. I was able to get into the HM though, and, as Perfectly Goofy, DH got a special emailed link to get into Goofy. Since it turned out to be virtual, a HM was enough times up and down the Lake Hartwell Dam for me, and DH’s Perfect status was maintained.

I had forgotten about Club Run Disney. I know they rolled that out in the pre-March 2020 era, but has anyone that's a member gotten any new news from them? The fact that they've extended it is a good sign?

According to the RunDisney site early access varies based on the membership level:

Silver: No access to early registration
Gold: Access to early registration for half marathon or greater distance each race weekend
Platinum: Access to early registration for one race of any distance each race weekend

Note that the benefits are specifically framed as “opportunities“, not guaranteed spots. Also, in true RunDisney fashion, there’s plenty of ambiguity in the language. I choose to assume for purposes of this discussion that a challenge counts as one race distance for registration purposes.

Disney could already have everything coded and ready to go for an update on the webpage, and just need the go ahead to deploy it to the website. We may not see anything different about the website, but that doesn't mean they haven't working on it behind the scenes.

As far as international runners and potential travel restrictions, I could see them perhaps taking a gamble on being able to get to the USA if the race fees were refundable or transferable, but they are not. Would people really take a chance on plunking down potentially hundreds of nonrefundable $$$ on fees for a race they may not be able to enter the country to do? I would say no.

I'm not sure if I'm kicking myself for not signing up for CrD yet or not. I guess we'll see how bad registration is if all goes well...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter