News Round Up 2017

I know, just couldn't pass the chance to harass. Sorry about that -- it must be an old age thing!

I mean, from looking at the pictures, I feel it's pretty clear that they aren't done and this might be Irma precautionary actions?

What is this? Has anybody heard about it, Rainforest Coaster in Epcot?

Speculation

What I learned from that video is that it's quite likely they stole the concept art shot presented at D23 from the Project Gemini concept art thinking "No one will look at this too closely".

They were pretty clear during the D23 presentation that this was just a concept image and used terms like "give an indication of what might be coming" - stuff like that

... but yeah, definitely references Project Gemini - which, either it was as you said, just something they had lying around to use, or, like a lot of things at Disney, an idea is never truly dead and they are bringing back some ideas from that

... as long as they don't make SSE gold and turn the ride into Time Racers I will be ok with it ;)

Actually I did a search looking for Universal franchises, and they are surprisingly thin.

They are already replacing Shrek with Kung Fu Panda in Hollywood - so it's possible they take the easy route and stick Kung Fu Panda in while leaving Shrek 4D in place. (Which sort of really needs a refresh itself.) Of the Dreamworks movies, this one seems like the strongest contender, though this, How To Train Your Dragon, and Madagascar all seem really spent.)

You have the new "Dark Universe" stuff, but the Mummy bombed so hard I can't see them investing here.

Heard talk of a permanent "Walking Dead" haunted house attraction - and I suppose this is possible. Seems unlikely to define as "high energy" though.

That only leaves...Pitch Perfect?
They should keep Shrek but give him a new FUN ride. I LOVED and STILL love shrek. The issue is none of us who grew up with Shrek have kids quite yet. Well maybe some of us but not the majority. Give us a minute!

They should keep Shrek but give him a new FUN ride. I LOVED and STILL love shrek. The issue is none of us who grew up with Shrek have kids quite yet. Well maybe some of us but not the majority. Give us a minute!

I was kinda curious when it came out so I looked it up. Can't believe it was that old, I was in college when that came out. It definitely doesn't feel like it was that long ago.

I was kinda curious when it came out so I looked it up. Can't believe it was that old, I was in college when that came out. It definitely doesn't feel like it was that long ago.
well and to put it in perspective the latest Shrek movie was 2010. It's only dated because the ride itself is dated (4D rides as one of the first rides when you walk in is not a great look). If they made it something like Escape from Fiona's Tower or something cool with like a child rollarcoaster (think Flight of the Hippogriff). I could see that going REALLY well

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter