News Round Up 2017

It is possible. I don't know if everything would open right away but I can see many things opening with the park.
Well, I assume the bars won't open. I would personally find it interesting to go around to the different countries and try breakfast items that are unique to that country. We can't really do that right now. I know France has a place open for breakfast and Akershus in Norway, but that's about it.

Do you think with Ratatouille and a possible UK attraction coming, could we see EPCOT opening World Showcase at the normal park opening in the near future instead of 2 hours after Future World?

It is possible. I don't know if everything would open right away but I can see many things opening with the park.

Certainly an interesting question. Certainly much of the area is still driven by food and (adult) beverage so maybe not everything but I could see most of it being open and maybe they introduce more breakfast locations and even start having Bloody Mary and mimosa stands

Do you think with Ratatouille and a possible UK attraction coming, could we see EPCOT opening World Showcase at the normal park opening in the near future instead of 2 hours after Future World?

Certainly an interesting question. Certainly much of the area is still driven by food and (adult) beverage so maybe not everything but I could see most of it being open and maybe they introduce more breakfast locations and even start having Bloody Mary and mimosa stands

I think they'd need at least one more "family friendly" ride somewhere in showcase to justify opening...

This empty spaces in Germany and Japan would be your likely spots.

I think they'd need at least one more "family friendly" ride somewhere in showcase to justify opening...

This empty spaces in Germany and Japan would be your likely spots.
Well, if we get the rumored new Pavilion coming between Germany/Italy, that could possibly be a great spot for an added attraction. I understand your point though with getting an attraction (other than the American Adventure show) in that part of the park.

I hope the WDW gods are listening to your Bloody Mary stands.

You can already get a yummy breakfast at the french bakery and mimosas if you're ok with a bit of DIY mimosa situation...and I totally am:) I love starting an Epcot day that way, and almost always do!

I've always dreamed of what interesting stuff they could come up with for breakfast in Morrocco and the UK seems like a slam dunk. That's a lot of breakfast reservations to fill though.

Well, if we get the rumored new Pavilion coming between Germany/Italy, that could possibly be a great spot for an added attraction. I understand your point though with getting an attraction (other than the American Adventure show) in that part of the park.

And what new pavilion is that?

Well, I assume the bars won't open. I would personally find it interesting to go around to the different countries and try breakfast items that are unique to that country. We can't really do that right now. I know France has a place open for breakfast and Akershus in Norway, but that's about it.
Well if the bars are not open what’s the point.

When I stayed at the Contemporary last year, I was able to turn my TV to a specific channel and hear the Wishes and the Hallo-Wishes firework music. Since I had a room with a theme park view, I just stood on my balcony with the TV up really loud and watched the fireworks with friends.

I don't know if any other monorail resort has this type of setup. I would have though the Poly would since you have a direct view of the fireworks. GF, maybe not as much.

Earlier this year I was able to be at the DVC lounge at Bay Lake Tower and they played the Happily Ever After music while the show was going on. We were all standing on the balcony/patio are watching the show.

Yes I believe the poly has this as well.

Just FYI, CR/BLT is the only resort you can get the fireworks music on the TV. You cannot at GF or Poly.

It’s on channel 105, which in typical Disney-fashion is still currently labeled “Wishes” (see below). Also interestingly enough, this channel also shows up at Poly (and I think GF to but not 100% sure about that) but the audio does not play there. This has always bugged me, especially at Poly!

13.jpg

Would you like to clarify what you mean by your statement? I was sitting in the Parks and Resorts Presentation and there was no pavilion announced at the 2017 D23 Expo.

Not that record...

I've kept the TOTS doctrine in the garage...cause they have been pushing construction...but this one still applies

1983 - 9 countries open
1984 - 1 country opens
1988 - 1 country opens

1989-2019 - "been busy"

What doesn't equate?

Just FYI, CR/BLT is the only resort you can get the fireworks music on the TV. You cannot at GF or Poly.

It’s on channel 105, which in typical Disney-fashion is still currently labeled “Wishes” (see below). Also interestingly enough, this channel also shows up at Poly (and I think GF to but not 100% sure about that) but the audio does not play there. This has always bugged me, especially at Poly!

View attachment 276032
The Poly Bungalows have it. I assumed that meant the regular rooms had it as well.

Not that record...

I've kept the TOTS doctrine in the garage...cause they have been pushing construction...but this one still applies

1983 - 9 countries open
1984 - 1 country opens
1988 - 1 country opens

1989-2019 - "been busy"

What doesn't equate?
I see your point. Are all of the countries (besides Norway) still sponsoring their pavilions though? I know the "sponsoring" was the main reason why all or most of the country pavilions were built. I still think a new pavilion is possible. We will just see if Disney decides to build one or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter