News Round Up 2017

Guess there is still Magical Express and the 180 + 10 days for ADRs (or do the good neighbors already get that?)

I think anyone can make ADRs 180-days out now. I have a pre-DCL, offsite stay with no intention of going into the Parks in April and was able to book at a Disney Springs or Resort restaurant at the 180 day mark (I didn't look at in-park ADRs since I'm not planning on going).

I just returned from WDW, so its possible there was a system glitch, but yeah, no problem for me.

I think anyone can make ADRs 180-days out now. I have a pre-DCL, offsite stay with no intention of going into the Parks in April and was able to book at a Disney Springs or Resort restaurant at the 180 day mark (I didn't look at in-park ADRs since I'm not planning on going).

I just returned from WDW, so its possible there was a system glitch, but yeah, no problem for me.
180 is definitely for everyone but the perk for onsite guests is usually the 180+10 part.

By sum amazing coincidence I happened to be in the park that day. I'm not a Duffy fan at all and really couldn't tell you who Gelatoni was until somebody explained it to me later that morning. The line of people waiting to get into the store/photo op was really long, with CM's bringing out more barriers to create a larger queue during the morning. Lots and lots of people (female mostly) in Duffy regalia.

For our trip at the Dolphin last month, our ADR date did not get the plus 10, but I've read some conflicting reports on that. I ended up booking a room at Pop for the same 5 days and then cancelled after we were past the 180 day mark for all of the days.

I understand that point. That money often is spread out over a much longer period of time though. Disney likes that instant money in the short term. DVC is hooked for the long term and they don’t need to market to them as much because Disney already has their pocket book. Those new customers are more appealing. I’d love to see numbers but of course we never will.
Wonder how that equation actually balances when you factor in customer acquisition cost. As always, numbers we'll never have... :(

True but I don’t think a lot of people do that.
We paid for our gazillion points at SSR and later at BLT up front -- lump sum. Since we were in a position to do it, paying for the financing didn't make any sense. I'd be curious how many do this with DVC... MORE numbers we won't get...

Holy crap! I'm officially out of WDW hotels now. Sometimes you want a martini, dessert and a glass of milk at 2am. In all seriousness, I got room service every night of my last WDW stay at the Dolphin in Sept. Late night room service is part of vacation. I can't imagine they're saving that much money to not have someone available to put together a club sandwich and ice cream. If they want to offer deluxe hotels, you have 24 hour room service. Ugh.

I've gotten the impression from Joe Rhode before on Instagram and Twitter that he would like nothing more than to fix the Yeti, but it is not his decision to make.

Oh, and I've said this on here before, but when I did the backstage magic tour and had a minute with the Imagineers taking us around - this was the exact question I asked them. I could tell at the time they were sick of the question. And this was in 2013. (The answer that I got was that they can fix it, but it involves taking the ride down for a few months, and Disney won't let them do it.)

Holy crap! I'm officially out of WDW hotels now. Sometimes you want a martini, dessert and a glass of milk at 2am. In all seriousness, I got room service every night of my last WDW stay at the Dolphin in Sept. Late night room service is part of vacation. I can't imagine they're saving that much money to not have someone available to put together a club sandwich and ice cream. If they want to offer deluxe hotels, you have 24 hour room service. Ugh.

See - to each his own - room service is something I never, ever, ever use - I can't get over the pricing up-charge that they stick you with - and also we don't eat late night. (Just not a habit I ever got into.) So this didn't even register with me even though we are DVC and are generally staying at these resorts.

I've gotten the impression from Joe Rhode before on Instagram and Twitter that he would like nothing more than to fix the Yeti, but it is not his decision to make.

Oh, and I've said this on here before, but when I did the backstage magic tour and had a minute with the Imagineers taking us around - this was the exact question I asked them. I could tell at the time they were sick of the question. And this was in 2013. (The answer that I got was that they can fix it, but it involves taking the ride down for a few months, and Disney won't let them do it.)
I agree. I think he definitely would love to fix it but execs are the issue.

I have heard though that they have a plan where they don't need to take the ride down for very long. It would involve however taking the yeti out and operating without him for a little while. I am not sure how the ride would be without any yeti at all. Maybe they could put a screen up or something, cheap temporary option.

See - to each his own - room service is something I never, ever, ever use - I can't get over the pricing up-charge that they stick you with - and also we don't eat late night. (Just not a habit I ever got into.) So this didn't even register with me even though we are DVC and are generally staying at these resorts.

That's so funny, but yep, people are different. I once went on a trip with a guy who got upset when I suggested some late night room service (we'd already fussed about him not tipping bar tenders properly, to the point I was embarrassed and just paid for drinks so I could do the tipping) due to the price. I broke up with him within days of return, not because of that, but his overall cheapness was never going to work. Its a deal breaker for me in hotel choices. I'm also a night owl with a small appetite, so if I'm hungry, I try to take advantage of it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter