News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do agree on being less cluttered but to me there's almost too much space in between certain displays and combined with a more sterile approach it just makes me want to get out as quick as possible or walking out after a very brief look.

It's possible that Disney wants guests to "get out as quick as possible" in that store. I'm guessing this is a smaller space than World of Disney, which means they might want to encourage guests to not feel too at home. Get guest in, buying, and out as soon as possible.

I definitely read this as the Disney Coroner and was like what??....vocabulary matters lol...

I saw "Coroner" the first time I read it, too.

"A new rumor is circulating online suggesting that EA may be on the verge of losing their licensing agreement for Star Wars games. Shortly after acquiring Lucasfilm in 2012, Disney restructured the company and shuttered its LucasArts division. They were not interested in developing first-party Star Wars games but rather sought to license their property out to already established third-party developers and publishers – and their prime choice was EA."

https://screenrant.com/disney-star-wars-ea-games/

It's possible that Disney wants guests to "get out as quick as possible" in that store. I'm guessing this is a smaller space than World of Disney, which means they might want to encourage guests to not feel too at home. Get guest in, buying, and out as soon as possible.

I saw "Coroner" the first time I read it, too.
Could be but if the new Disney store looks resemble this at least in certain features or the new World of Disney does the "get out as quick as possible" probably wouldn't be good.

Everyone is commenting on the look of the Disney Corner and I can’t even get beyond how boring and uninspired the merchandise itself looks. If they are going to go with less merchandise as least make it interesting. The greatly overpriced princess dresses and the same mouse ears you can get everywhere certainly aren’t really going to inspire me to open my wallet.

Last edited:
Everyone is commenting on the look of the Disney Corner and I can’t even get beyond how boring and uninspired the merchandise itself looks. If they are going to go with less merchandise as least make it interesting. The greatly overpriced princess dresses and the same mouse ears you can’t get everywhere certainly aren’t really going to inspire me to open my wallet.
Disney Corner is just relocating the stuff that was in World of Disney so I don’t think anyone was expecting it to be great merch.

News

Beginning on Mother’s Day, the following Character changes will be in effect at AK:

No Longer Meeting
*King Louie
*Baloo
(In mid-April, King Louie and Baloo move to the Ticket Window area of AK)
*Flik

Dinoland - Donald Days
*Donald moves to the Gas Station
*Daisy in artist attire will be near the dinosaur play area
*Pluto in the Boneyard area
*Goofy near arcade
*Launchpad McQuack - intermittently
*Scrooge McDuck
*Chipmunks

**Dance Party Nightly

Discovery Island
*Dug returns to meet with Russell at Wilderness Explorers Club House

That's cool that Scrooge McDuck and Launchpad will be meeting!

I assume the Dug back meeting with Russell is just until the new Up Bird Show starts, right?
I’m taking it as full time now. All of the Up characters will be in the bird show I believe. They likely just won’t be out meeting during a show or something like that. The new show starts April 22nd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter