News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
:earseek:I hope the float will be back soon. That is if they decide not to run it for a couple days.

Did the parade just stop or did they try to continue the last section of the parade right after it?
I think the parade will continue to run but minus the Maleficent float for a while. The float will need some serious refurbishment work.

I do not know for sure but I would imagine the first half of the parade continued and the other floats behind probably headed back.

I think the parade will continue to run but minus the Maleficent float for a while. The float will need some serious refurbishment work.

I do not know for sure but I would imagine the first half of the parade continued and the other floats behind probably headed back.

I don't know about these specific floats - the technology could've changed since the time that I worked around them - but they weren't really built to go in reverse. Also, the cameras and things to help the drivers navigate around the hub and over the bridge into Liberty Square were generally only for forward-moving guidance.

If I had to guess, the floats in front of the Dragon kept on moving as if things were normal, and the floats behind the dragon went into hold/loop. Usually, when a float breaks down, you try to tug it out as fast as possible to keep the parade moving. There's also a chance that any floats/units that hadn't stepped off at that point would've been held in staging and not sent out. I haven't seen this parade except for one time when it first opened, so I'm not sure where in the unit structure this float fell.

ETA: Something similar happened to Chernabog back when I worked Spectro - not to the level of catching fire, but the ground was too slick and it almost tipped over when the wings opened because of a slip, and it got off course - right before the Liberty Square bridge. After that, a tug was always stationed on the bridge and Chernabog never went out if the ground was remotely wet.

I don't know about these specific floats - the technology could've changed since the time that I worked around them - but they weren't really built to go in reverse. Also, the cameras and things to help the drivers navigate around the hub and over the bridge into Liberty Square were generally only for forward-moving guidance.

If I had to guess, the floats in front of the Dragon kept on moving as if things were normal, and the floats behind the dragon went into hold/loop. Usually, when a float breaks down, you try to tug it out as fast as possible to keep the parade moving. There's also a chance that any floats/units that hadn't stepped off at that point would've been held in staging and not sent out. I haven't seen this parade except for one time when it first opened, so I'm not sure where in the unit structure this float fell.
There are two floats left behind this unit and they were in liberty square at this point so all of the floats would have been out at this point.

There are two floats left behind this unit and they were in liberty square at this point so all of the floats would have been out at this point.

Then I imagine the rest of the floats went on parade as normal and the last three were tugged back to the PAC, since that's right behind Splash.

Looks like based on another tweet I saw they were able to clean it up a bit and drive it out. The dragon looks rather sad though.

Poor broken dragon. I would be surprised if they sent it the rest of the Parade Route because that kinda falls under the banner of "Bad Show" to me, but :confused3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter