News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it would be more news when there isnt a road closure at night at Disney. Disney is putting alot of money in traffic control. but that means there is alot of road closures lol

Oh wow... I didn't realize that they had it under a tent. Any rumors on if they are going to fully enclose it or if it's just getting new paint?
The scrims have been up for some time now but it was still operational. It is getting a refurbishment. As far as I know the carousel suffered some damage from the hurricane last year.

Oh wow... I didn't realize that they had it under a tent. Any rumors on if they are going to fully enclose it or if it's just getting new paint?

It was under the tent when we were there in February. Good thing we are past the age where our kid needs to waste time riding a carousel at a Disney theme park. (Sorry, I love a nice carousel ride - but I can ride one for $2 at home so there are literally 1,000 things at Disney that I would rather spend time doing.)

It was under the tent when we were there in February. Good thing we are past the age where our kid needs to waste time riding a carousel at a Disney theme park. (Sorry, I love a nice carousel ride - but I can ride one for $2 at home so there are literally 1,000 things at Disney that I would rather spend time doing.)
I agree although there is a certain bit of history with carousels and Disney parks.

I agree although there is a certain bit of history with carousels and Disney parks.

Plus the location - most carousels are not positioned behind Cinderella castle and provide views of Fantasyland as you ride

Don't get me wrong - it's not something we would wait a long time to ride but we usually fit in at least one ride each trip

They have a pretty nice one. The one at my local park is 2 years older (1915 vs 1917), but the one at Disney World is much better maintained. I generally like the old ones for the history and the craftsmanship. The footings and the artwork aren't stock, but it's still pretty impressive.

Hopefully, they decide to enclose it one day with glass sides. It's way too nice to be out in the elements.

Plus the location - most carousels are not positioned behind Cinderella castle and provide views of Fantasyland as you ride

Don't get me wrong - it's not something we would wait a long time to ride but we usually fit in at least one ride each trip

Point taken - we also live 5 minutes from one of the historical Carousel factory locations - so we have easy access when need be. I'll agree I might ride with no wait, but I just am generally not a fan of Disney rides that exist in other incarnations all over the country. Tea Cups & Tomorrowland Speedway come to mind. I just went to a go-cart track last week and thought to myself when riding it "This is 10 times better than the Speedway/Autotopia." I know, I know, Disney - but a ride needs to be better at Disney -not the same or worse.

News

A lot of interesting movie news today.

Indiana Jones moved back a year to July 9, 2021 because of "script issues." Jungle Cruise to open Oct. 11, 2019. Maleficent 2 to open May 29, 2020. Ralph Breaks the Internet: Wreck it Ralph 2 changing names to Ralph Breaks the Internet. Mary Poppins Returns moved up a week to Dec. 19.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/indiana-jones-5-release-date-pushed-again-2021-1125975
You beat me!

Indiana Jones has kind of fallen back a bit as of late so no surprise. Maleficent 2 the movie nobody really asked for...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter