News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just feel more comfortable using that solo than with Uber or Lyft.
Really? I guess being in a major city this is something that isn’t a concern to me at all. Many many thousands do it every day with these services, of course.

My assumption all along was that this service would appeal most to those unfamiliar with Uber/lyft usage prior to WDW. That makes sense. Then those who want be guaranteed car seats etc. I guess I just thought most young people these days wouldn’t be their market!

Last edited:
Really? I guess being in a major city this is something that isn’t a concern to me at all. Many many thousands do it every day with these services, of course.

My assumption all along was that this service would appeal most to those unfamiliar with Uber/lyft usage prior to WDW. That makes sense. Then hose who want he guaranteed car seats etc. I guess I just thought most young people these days wouldn’t be their market!
I have only used Uber with a group never alone.

I worked in NYC for three months. I was always alone. I took the subway around the city, but to and from the airport I always took an uber or taxi. I preferred Uber. The first taxi I took, the driver shouted at other cars, took me a long route to jack up the fare (like I was going to say anything to that terrifying guy) and was just generally scary. All the uber drivers I took were professional and very nice. That is because Uber drivers receive ratings, and if they are giant jerks you will hear about it. Taxi drivers don't care. Hate taxis.

I have only used Uber with a group never alone.
Totally safe, 99.9 times out of 100 I would guess. :) Have taken it countless times around DC and NYC in particular. All WDW drivers I’ve had have been especially nice — several have recounted choosing to work WDW primarily to get away from the more unruly passengers out there. :)

While my family slept in, I took Uber by myself to ride FoP RD in Aug — awesome, relaxing time, followed up with a little cocktail in front of tree of life. How long before you can do that last part, again??

Highly recommend... :)

37A3B947-FE0C-475F-A560-F242462B6CB1.jpeg

Totally safe, 99.9 times out of 100 I would guess. :) Have taken it countless times around DC and NYC in particular. All WDW drivers I’ve had have been especially nice — several have recounted choosing to work WDW primarily to get away from the more unruly passengers out there. :)

While my family slept in, I took Uber by myself to ride FoP RD in Aug — awesome, relaxing time, followed up with a little cocktail in front of tree of life. How long before you can do that last part, again??

View attachment 347819
I know I am just hesitant.

View attachment 347819

I am so doing the next year...half of our party are sleepy heads and I'm not even sure they will want to ride FoP. Riding at RD and a nice cocktail sounds just great.

Just saw this on the DIS Facebook page from Aug 30. If you have Amazon Prime, enjoy for free.

"Yesterday, Disney Music Group and Amazon announced that the two companies are teaming up to bring Disney fans a new opportunity to stream their favorite Disney songs.

The new collection, “Disney Hits,” features over 50 soundtracks from Disney’s classic animated films, Disney-Pixar, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, Disney Junior and others that span over 9 decades."

http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories...-bringing-classic-soundtracks-to-prime-music/

Edit to Add:

For the full list of available Disney soundtracks and “Disney Hits” collection, visit Disney Music’s page on Amazon.

This is the first time that listeners will be able to stream Disney soundtracks on Amazon Prime and you must be an Amazon Prime subscriber to have access to this new collection.

I don't understand all the Amazon Prime Disney things.

Is it just the first time they created a playlist? I've been listening to Disney/Pixar/Disney parks songs on Amazon for months.

I’ve never had issues with Uber solo, especially at WDW. Last trip I took one back to MCO rather than DME. Cost $30 including tip, took 20 minutes. Just brought my backpack with me to Epcot and rather than leaving to get back to AKL so early, I left from BWI about 2 hrs before my flight, quick drive over, used precheck to get thru security, and still had time to take a brief nap on the floor before my flight! It was a short trip and I was able to suck up every last morsel of Disney goodness! Seriously considering doing it again for upcoming trips, though those will be longer so not as necessary!

Been using uber and lyft in SF this weekend solo and it's so easy. The ubers we had in WDW 2 years ago had newer, nicer cars than a few I've had this weekend and those drivera were more chatty which I like. But like the PP said, the drivers get rate. The app also tells you how many trips the person has done, i had one with over 13k.

Now the uber pool and stuff where you pay leaa to share the ride with people you don't know. That I don't feel comfortable doing solo and am not sure I would with a friend either.

I know I am just hesitant.

Don't feel bad. I completely understand. I don't particularly like cab drivers, but I know in Austin that they have had a criminal background check by law, for what it's worth. I know Uber and Lyft say that they do that, but there's no proof or guarantee. I don't really like taking Uber or Lyft by myself, but sometimes I don't have a choice. My car dealer uses them instead of loaner cars for maintenance work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter