News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure it's new either but perhaps the degree at which it's being used and maybe the notoriety around it may be new. Plus I think it can also seem worse when you look at the profitability of a company even if the extreme profit isn't in the Parks department. We know there is still profit in the parks department but that's likely in part to a combination of higher prices for tickets, merchandise and food and staffing even when there is a reduction in guest attendance. All JMO of course.

*I know the adjustment in divisions will change the numbers though from now on so past measures won't be as useful.

I'm all for calling attention to it. I don't like the practice. When a ride should be 20 minutes at best, but it's 40 because they couldn't bring in 3 extra cast members. It's a bad look. And it's so very noticeable to all the guests.

It's a bad look. And it's so very noticeable to all the guests
I agree! It doesn't seem to affect park attendance though. I wonder how bad it has to be before it affects Disney's wallet?

With the upcoming SW:GE, it doesn't seem that there will be problem filling up the park...

I just started binge watching Stranger Things last week and now I'm completely addicted. This house looks identical from the first season. Even though HHN isn't my thing either, I would love just to see this house in person without the scare actors.

Yea we are a going again in Oct. It's a great time, but the frantic scary houses are not that fun after while for us anyway.

So we are hoping S Things is a bit less "in your face" scare tactics and more story and visual immersion.

Really enjoyed The Shining last year, much more just walking through the hotel and the actors looked very spot on.

We also really enjoy the 'Scare Zones" located on the streets. Very cool and not simply dark areas and strobe lights.

I'm from Boston, where people aren't exactly nice. From what we experienced, I have a hard time passing it off as cultural differences (at least not all of it), and it's not like our bad experience with cast members carried over to Six Flags, Coachella, or any other part of my time around LA. The very first thing we experienced after parking and Earl of Sandwich was security. One guard was telling us to do one thing, another guard then screamed at us to not do that. Within an hour, I had seen cast members screaming at guests 4 more times. And I don't mean just raising their voices, actual angry yelling. That's how our Disneyland experience started. Whenever we tried talking to cast, most acted like they didn't want to be bothered (perhaps that is the cultural difference part). Usually in World, we can count on finding at least 5 cast members per trip that we feel the need to write up compliments for. We did not find a single one at Land. It just seemed like the cast at Land were there more for the paycheck and didn't really care that it was a Disney park, basically I found more passion at Magic Mountain. I feel like perhaps I need to give the park another chance, after all Cars Land and Matterhorn were awesome, but I also know I'll never get my sister to go again.

That's too bad. I can't say we've had anywhere close to that experience at DLR in our 3 visits there. For instance, one visit we were there and the Tiki Birds was closed (turns out it was the 50th anniversary and Richard Sherman was performing inside for VIPs) and I was so disappointed. the CM was so nice about it and even gave us an "any-time use" FP that we could use elsewhere. Lots of good CM interactions there.

That's too bad. I can't say we've had anywhere close to that experience at DLR in our 3 visits there. For instance, one visit we were there and the Tiki Birds was closed (turns out it was the 50th anniversary and Richard Sherman was performing inside for VIPs) and I was so disappointed. the CM was so nice about it and even gave us an "any-time use" FP that we could use elsewhere. Lots of good CM interactions there.

That's why I assume it needs another chance. Our experience was very much not the Disney experience we were used to. But again it was so off putting, I'm not sure I'd make a trip out there just to do it. Because of the whole thing, I just feel a need to defend against when people say that World cast isn't as good, to me they are 20,000 Leagues better.

That's why I assume it needs another chance. Our experience was very much not the Disney experience we were used to. But again it was so off putting, I'm not sure I'd make a trip out there just to do it. Because of the whole thing, I just feel a need to defend against when people say that World cast isn't as good, to me they are 20,000 Leagues better.

I will say WDW staff is amazing. We were just there for 9 days on property and not ONE complaint about ANY CM we interacted with, and several that went above and beyond. Of course, while we were down there was when the $15 wage contract was approved, so maybe they were extra cheery about that!

Crowds have been very low this week. At HS today and have walked on most rides. Longest posted wait is 35 minutes for Slinky Dog Dash. Halloween Party on Labor Day was also very uncrowded. Maybe Irma last year scared ppl off from booking this week. Works for me!!

Crowds have been very low this week. At HS today and have walked on most rides. Longest posted wait is 35 minutes for Slinky Dog Dash. Halloween Party on Labor Day was also very uncrowded. Maybe Irma last year scared ppl off from booking this week. Works for me!!
Flight of Passage had a 65 minute wait at 12:30 this afternoon. I agree that the crowds are low this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter