News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone seen this new offer from UBER???i just posted this on UBER/LYFT thread.

So, I just received an email from UBER offering me the opportunity to purchase a "ride Pass" for $14.99 that's supposed to save me money by guaranteeing me a lower price for rides during peak times.
This "Ride Pass" is described as "price protection. The pass is good for 28 days once you purchase it.

Is this for real???

Lsdolphin, A moment agoEditReport
#2335+ QuoteReply

Has anyone seen this new offer from UBER???i just posted this on UBER/LYFT thread.

So, I just received an email from UBER offering me the opportunity to purchase a "ride Pass" for $14.99 that's supposed to save me money by guaranteeing me a lower price for rides during peak times.
This "Ride Pass" is described as "price protection. The pass is good for 28 days once you purchase it.

Is this for real???

#2335+ QuoteReply

On Uber's website it has some info about this ... looks like it is just in testing phase:

What is ride pass?
A ride pass unlocks benefits such as discounts on eligible rides through payment of a one-time activation fee. Ride passes are still in testing and are available to only a limited number of riders each month. Ride passes are limited time offers.

The offer is available only for riders who receive an invitation directly from Uber. If you didn't receive an invitation, we won't be able to offer you one at this time.

If you purchased a ride pass, check your ride pass details anytime under Ride Pass in your Uber app menu.

News

Disney Cruise Line Debuts "Disney at Sea with D23!"

"The 30-minute entertainment news show highlights what’s new and what’s next from all of Disney’s wonderful worlds, from theme parks and movies to television, music, and beyond...While inside the Buena Vista Theatre...The show will be updated every month with new content, so Disney fans can get the scoop on all the excitement coming to Disney...Plans are to hold the show on every cruise, and the presentation is scheduled to take place on virtually every itinerary, rolling out soon to all ships in the Disney Cruise Line fleet."

Is this for real???

#2335+ QuoteReply

They’ve had this in L.A. for a while now. The biggest downside is that you have to choose a specific route (Point A to Point B), as they’re really trying to get people to use it for commuting. Not ideal for those who use it for a variety of routes or for those using it while on vacation.

It was wishful thinking on my part :).

I gather December is more crowded than November .. (at least before Thanksgiving)

But, odd they would increase hours at one park and essentially cut hours (by cutting attractions at the other :).

If we see attractions closing earlier than normal at MK .. then that is getting pretty awful.
We have a Thanksgiving week trip this year. In the past two weeks we received an email from Touring that AK was closing an hour earlier (8:00pm instead of 9:00pm), then Saturday we got another one that said the opening was moved earlier by an hour and the closing was moved back to 9:00pm. MDE alerted us that our DINOSAUR FP+ was changed form a 7:40pm end time to 7:30pm and now it is back to a 7:40pm end time. Now with the new earlier closures to some attractions, but a later close to the park it seems confusing. Glad we have a ROL reservation for the 8:00pm show. We also got the email about MK's closing moving from 10:00pm to 11:00pm that week.

FYI - covered in the dedicated threads, but I know not everyone reads them, but new ticket pricing system is up and overall prices are not nearly as bad as people feared and in some cases people are seeing the cost of tickets for their trip lower (prior to adding the extended flexibility option). Also system seems to be working well and people are finding it relatively easy to use

Prices range from $109-$129 for one day

https://www.disboards.com/threads/disney-announces-new-ticket-system-for-wdw.3708050/

https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...-ticket-system-faq-•-read-first-page.3711842/

FYI - covered in the dedicated threads, but I know not everyone reads them, but new ticket pricing system is up and overall prices are not nearly as bad as people feared and in some cases people are seeing the cost of tickets for their trip lower (prior to adding the extended flexibility option). Also system seems to be working well and people are finding it relatively easy to use

Prices range from $109-$129 for one day

https://www.disboards.com/threads/disney-announces-new-ticket-system-for-wdw.3708050/

https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...-ticket-system-faq-•-read-first-page.3711842/
So the sky HASN'T fallen yet... ... ;)

I think this is the calm before the storm. They set it up to really raise prices next October.
Although the annual pass going up really hurts. Gone up twice now before our first renewal

Yep, I think Disney wants everyone to get comfortable with the new ticket system ... and then next fall you'll really see the endgame pricing strategy with this new setup.

Yep, I think Disney wants everyone to get comfortable with the new ticket system ... and then next fall you'll really see the endgame pricing strategy with this new setup.
Easy - after all these old tickets expire . .BAM .. another huge price increase.

Raising prices (no matter how "little") 8 months after they just did is pretty insane.

Maybe it will have the effect they are hoping for of lowering crowds and balancing out crowds.

The AP price increased by about 5% too at the same time (not shocking).

The system seems pretty easy to use . .just like picking a hotel or flight. Seeing the entire calendar and letting you pick your start day helps you pick the cheapest day -- but the prices between the least expensive day and most expensive day .. don't seem to be much. A few dollars here and there. Nothing like $25-50 more to go on Christmas Day or something like that.

I think they main reason they are doing this is to force you to use those tickets in a shorter amount of time rather than the huge 14-day window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter