News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got around to watching the Magical Holiday Celebration. When do they film all these nighttime performances with the fireworks? Is that something that is open to the public or do they close the park for them? I’m assuming this is different than the parade filming they do for Christmas.
The fireworks are CGI...

And the hits just keep on coming... I'm not even an Illuminations fan, but the holiday finale is one of the greatest things I've ever seen. It's been 3 years since I was there during Christmas and I was really looking forward to seeing these for one last time. The first time I ever saw it, I seriously thought something went wrong and we were all about to die.

My DD and I saw it on 11/21, luckily before this cut. We were excited and kind of terrified at the same time! I saw pieces of those fireworks land in the trees near us and I thought there was going to be a fire. But it really was the most amazing fireworks show I ever saw. I hope the cuts won't be too bad and you will still feel that amazement again!

Ugh. I have officially reached Marvel burnout. I am done with comic book/super hero movies.

Disney, give me a good old animated princess movie please!!! Tangled, it's been too long.

Everyone else, give me some good science fiction please!!!

Television has so surpassed movies in the originality department, it's crazy. HBO alone just had two amazing series - Sharp Objects and currently airing My Brilliant Friend.
Anyone watch the Terror on AMC?

Disney, come on! We don't need Toy Story 118!

Last edited:
i was there for the recording of the opening number for the special. they performed it multiple times both with and without pyro. it was pretty cool to see it live and then the edited version.

Ugh. I have officially reached Marvel burnout. I am done with comic book/super hero movies.

Disney, give me a good old animated princess movie please!!! Tangled, it's been too long.

Television has so surpassed movies in the originality department, it's crazy. HBO alone just had two amazing series - Sharp Objects and currently airing My Brilliant Friend.

I believe a Princess film is coming in 2020 or 2021 according to the release schedule.

This is a marvel story they haven’t gone into yet. It also ties directly to Avengers 4. Due to that and how much marvel movies make I don’t see them ending anytime soon.

I personally think TV is full of as much or more remake/sequel stories. Look at all the sitcoms that came back to TV in the last couple years.

I believe a Princess film is coming in 2020 or 2021 according to the release schedule.

This is a marvel story they haven’t gone into yet. It also ties directly to Avengers 4. Due to that and how much marvel movies make I don’t see them ending anytime soon.

I personally think TV is full of as much or more remake/sequel stories. Look at all the sitcoms that came back to TV in the last couple years.

Sorry, have to disagree about TV. Maybe its lacking in the more general public channels, but the pay for television venues have excellent shows.

Actually even TNT-anyone watch The Alienist last year? Or The Americans on FX?

We have been in a golden age for television for a few years now.

But that's great to hear about an upcoming princess movie!

Sorry, have to disagree about TV. Maybe its lacking in the more general public channels, but the pay for television venues have excellent shows.

Yeah I don’t pay for TV channels. I have Netflix but otherwise I watch general TV channels. I don’t see any reason for me to buy HBO or things like that.

Yeah I don’t pay for TV channels. I have Netflix but otherwise I watch general TV channels. I don’t see any reason for me to buy HBO or things like that.
The networks have been a mess for quite some time now. The cable and paid channels however have been producing content vastly superior to most of what comes from film these days, but in particular FX and HBO have been truly stellar, with some greatness scattered around all over.

I HIGHLY recommend The Americans. Probably the most underrated show I’ve watched.

I heard rumors that Carol's cat 'Chewie' was renamed for the movie ... based on her's cat collar in the trailer I guess that's confirmed. I figure 'Goose' is a Top Gun reference and works with her being a pilot and all, but Disney owns Star Wars ... why change the 'Chewie' name? Not a huge deal, but it just seems like a strange thing to change

Frozen 2 next year!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter