News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
News

Per WDWNT on twitter, Marquee is up for Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy

D1d6lPhXcAACQx3

It's still not finished at this point so I wouldn't expect CGI to be completely rendered for theatrical release. However, I have no clue how much more they WILL do. I never quite got past the fact that Beast's horns disappeared into a pillow in the live action BAtB movie. o_O
They do?! I never noticed that!!

While happy for ASM guests, I wish Disney would put effort into upgrading their in-park Wi-Fi!! It is beyond frustrating to use and for International guests who do not have data plans in the US, we are at the mercy of using the WDW Wi-Fi. I cannot count the number of times (over 100 some days??) that I lose connection and have to find it again. Disney has made us rely on Wi-Fi due to all that MDE offers but their Wi-Fi cannot keep up. DHS has always had the poorest Wi-Fi so unless they've made HUGE improvements I cannot begin to imagine what will happen come Aug 29th!

While happy for ASM guests, I wish Disney would put effort into upgrading their in-park Wi-Fi!! It is beyond frustrating to use and for International guests who do not have data plans in the US, we are at the mercy of using the WDW Wi-Fi. I cannot count the number of times (over 100 some days??) that I lose connection and have to find it again. Disney has made us rely on Wi-Fi due to all that MDE offers but their Wi-Fi cannot keep up. DHS has always had the poorest Wi-Fi so unless they've made HUGE improvements I cannot begin to imagine what will happen come Aug 29th!

especially if the Play App is going to be so integral to Galaxy's Edge they really need that wifi working 100% and top notch and no issues

I have always wondered for international guests on the data issue. So your Canadian cell phone companies don't have add on plans for the U.S.? Or is it that your particular cell phone company doesn't have coverage at all even as an add on for the U.S.?

*Admittedly I don't know much at all about cell phone companies international much less Canada lol

I have always wondered for international guests on the data issue. So your Canadian cell phone companies don't have add on plans for the U.S.? Or is it that your particular cell phone company doesn't have coverage at all even as an add on for the U.S.?

*Admittedly I don't know much at all about cell phone companies international much less Canada lol

Different Canadian carriers have different options...most have some sort of addon available. Personally, I have a plan that just let's me use my phone in the US the same as I would in Canada with no additional fees, including my data (I may or may not have switched to that plan as a direct result of our Disney vacations).

NEWS

Automated Photographer box comes to Star Wars Launch Bay (though not in use yet)

https://wdwnt.com/2019/03/photos-au...xkrosKgP3t1T_r-839Nrxyg2B_P3FEvjHAo2KnF1vMuWs

When they first talked about this, didn't they say something about new technology being integrated? If they could do 3-D shots or some other cool thing, I could see it being pretty neat.

So far, all we've seen is sterile looking shots at best and terribly timed and awkward looking shots at worst (based on posts in the Tink test thread).

When they first talked about this, didn't they say something about new technology being integrated? If they could do 3-D shots or some other cool thing, I could see it being pretty neat.

So far, all we've seen is sterile looking shots at best and terribly timed and awkward looking shots at worst (based on posts in the Tink test thread).

I would actually very much welcome this if it was additive - did things like 3D shots or small videos, etc. ... but that in addition to a human photographer. Then I think it would really increase the value of Memory Maker and could justify charging more for it

But yeah, so far just seems like sterile photos

My US plan has an add on option for international, but it's usually $10/day for talk, text, and data. I'm not sure if that's per person or not, I've only used it when traveling for work not with family. My plan doesn't even include all of the US, either, which I found out when I went to Guam for work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter