News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, to some extent:

"However, the ad is not an intrusive one, it is merely a display advertisement that will appear on the Android app and in browsers on the Disney+ and ESPN+ login pages. Disney+ will not show any ads within the service itself. "
Well... yes and no. It doesn't sound as bad as the headline when you get down to it.
From the article: "it is merely a display advertisement that will appear on the Android app and in browsers on the Disney+ and ESPN+ login pages. Disney+ will not show any ads within the service itself."
It's pretty much how Kindles (at least the e-readers) operate. With the exception that Amazon lets you pay something like $20 to remove the ads and book recommendations from your device; which I happily took them up on because I personally found the idea a detractor for my experience. I don't know however if what Disney will be doing here would detract me enough to have an actual issue or not.

It's pretty much how Kindles (at least the e-readers) operate. With the exception that Amazon lets you pay something like $20 to remove the ads and book recommendations from your device; which I happily took them up on because I personally found the idea a detractor for my experience. I don't know however if what Disney will be doing here would detract me enough to have an actual issue or not.

We haev a Roku TV and got it at a cheaper price in exchange for them having some adds - and it is just like on the right side of the menu there is a static add for some offering on one streaming service. It's noticable but to me not a huge deal - so if nothing worse than that I, personally, wouldn't have an issue. (though if the reason they have to have this is because Starz having rights to The Force Awakens, I wonder why they couldn't just have an add play before if you watch The Force Awakens)

well, to some extent:

"However, the ad is not an intrusive one, it is merely a display advertisement that will appear on the Android app and in browsers on the Disney+ and ESPN+ login pages. Disney+ will not show any ads within the service itself. "

Welp now I’m just hoping this isn’t testing the waters to stepping up the ad presence.

Welp now I’m just hoping this isn’t testing the waters to stepping up the ad presence.

yeah, that would be my one concern - the specifics of this aren't really an issue for me but is this just the first step and more comes in the future (maybe that is how they avoid a steep price increase in the future: price stays the same, but now with ads)

NEWS

New holiday decorations come to Discovery Island and Dinoland at Animal Kingdom

I think AK will be really nice this year for the holidays!

I aam very excited to see the decorations at AK!
Well that can't be good for an opening "this winter"....or as I was hoping.....before the end of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter