News Round Up 2020

And yet there's some good economic news among the constant beat of bad news. Like this one...it could certainly lead to increased spending when this all ends.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/29/us-...mericans-to-stockpile-cash-curb-spending.html

The people saving are probably the ones who don't have to worry about money in the first place. ;)

I got a pay-cut that lasts through end of year. No saving here and had to lower the amount I was giving to retirement temporarily.

Savings is bad for the economy, great for the individual, though.

Right, bad for the current economy but it could lead to pent up demand once (if) the pandemic ends. I think most who did not have their income impacted and have been saving money that didn't get spent on vacations, eating out, etc. will be quick to spend it once they feel safe.

Right, bad for the current economy but it could lead to pent up demand once (if) the pandemic ends. I think most who did not have their income impacted and have been saving money that didn't get spent on vacations, eating out, etc. will be quick to spend it once they feel safe.

While true of some, we've been saving and spending as have others I've read on the boards. Lots of paying down/off debt early, doing major or several home improvement projects with vacation money, replacing stuff either due to need or want like appliances etc.

I'm a Universal Orlando Premier Passholder and I received an email earlier today that basically said that since HHN is cancelled (you get a free ticket with the Premier level AP) and the Valet parking is temporarily not an option (also a free Premier AP benefit), that they are giving us a free day ticket for a guest and that our Express after 4pm perk will now start at 2pm, also there is a dedicated parking toll booth entrance. As someone that used his HHN ticket last year as part of my 18 month AP, and as someone that never valets, this is all gravy to me.

While true of some, we've been saving and spending as have others I've read on the boards. Lots of paying down/off debt early, doing major or several home improvement projects with vacation money, replacing stuff either due to need or want like appliances etc.

The point of the article and data was that most were saving not spending. In fact looking at the chart they had, it looks like the saving rate quadrupled from a pre-pandemic 8% to 33%. That is a boatload of additional savings. The question is, will the money just sit in savings accounts post-pandemic or will it get spent on all those deferred items.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter