News Round Up 2020

Just heartbreaking. I've been a fan since seeing 42 in theaters and always looked forward to his performances - 42, Get on Up, Marshall and of course Black Panther, among others. What a special talent. 😢
I was really looking forward to his career. Of the 10 things I had seen him in, I thoroughly enjoyed his performance across them all. It’s a big loss. First saw his small part in Justified, then followed his film career. He would’ve been huge, the man was supremely talented.

IIRC people who stayed late had run of the park by 6PM other than MFSR. But yeah, the morning seemed absolutely bananas.
True, I think part of that was they like opened the park by 4-5AM. People got done with what they wanted and headed out after such an early morning. Will be interesting to see if and when we ever get back to big openings like that.

True, I think part of that was they like opened the park by 4-5AM. People got done with what they wanted and headed out after such an early morning. Will be interesting to see if and when we ever get back to big openings like that.

4:13 am is when i took the first picture right after i got through the turnstiles only to be stuck right there after.
20190829_041308.jpg
20190829_041555.jpg

Happy First Anniversary to the opening of Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge at Walt Disney World!
Hard to believe it's "only" been a year. Great memories (from the less crazy AP previews). Glad I went when I did.
The land just suffered (suffers?) from a lack of ride attractions .. but the extras (if you dive into them) are an attraction in itself that most people skip over. So much potential in that land that I am afraid we'll never see and/or see budgetary cutbacks over the next few years.

Still struggling on when/if to go again this year. I've been itching to go back to the completed land since I went last August.
As much as I've wanted to fit in a trip with the kids to see the land again and ride Rise of the Resistance (I mean .. I tried months ago :)) ... I think I've decided that I am going to go down with just the wife for our anniversary (early November) without the kids.

We'll try at least one day at DHS so we can actually ride MFSR together and hopefully get on Rise for the first time! I still worry that trying to get on a boarding group is a crazy gamble (especially if you only plan on going one day).

Any advice on how to break it to the kids? "We're going to DisneyWorld! ...... without you.... "

With hours only to 6:00 PM at MK, technically they could have the party any nights they want, right?

But ya .. I doubt they are going to bother with the party .. or if anything maybe have just a few in December closer to Christmas. I wonder if they will decorate for Christmas as early as they normally do AND/OR film their TV specials? (again .. I would doubt that too) .

I am pretty much resigned that the year (and everything in it) is just cancelled. Not much to look forward to for the rest of the year (Disney-wise or anything locally either).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter