News Round Up 2020

I know it's been a few days since this news was posted but is it ok to be happy that the Star Wars stage show at HS is ending? It always felt out of place to me just being there all day in that area. I'm looking forward to that area being open again and seeing the chinese theater in all it's glory!.

I think from a film quality standpoint, it's definitely the better between it and Frozen 2. Frozen obviously has the higher appeal and music, but I think Toy Story 4 tells a much better story. I don't think it deserved to win Best Animated Feature compared to the other nominees, though...

I thought the animation in Frozen 2 was better and thought the overall story was better as well (some parts of TS4 was really good but some ways it felt like a collection of separate story elements jammed together) - but might just be personal perspective.

Either way I don't either was all time great animated movies or one was clearly significantly better than the other

I thought the animation in Frozen 2 was better and thought the overall story was better as well (some parts of TS4 was really good but some ways it felt like a collection of separate story elements jammed together) - but might just be personal perspective.

Either way I don't either was all time great animated movies or one was clearly significantly better than the other
The best animated movie I saw this year was How To Train Your Dragon 3.

Sorry Disney.

The best animated movie I saw this year was How To Train Your Dragon 3.

Sorry Disney.

you are not the first person I have heard say that - and I also saw several people think it might win the award - for the film itself but also as a recognition to the quality of the series as a whole (sort of like how Return of the King won best picture for itself but also for the entire Lord of the Rings trilogy)

I know it's been a few days since this news was posted but is it ok to be happy that the Star Wars stage show at HS is ending? It always felt out of place to me just being there all day in that area. I'm looking forward to that area being open again and seeing the chinese theater in all it's glory!.
Definitely ok. The show (or some new iteration of it) belongs in GE.

I remember them doing this almost exactly a year ago prior to our vacation last year at the end of February. I'd assume it's really no different than any other paint refresh around WDW. Might have been a better option than fiber optics at least for some of it.

Yep... we returned 1 year ago yesterday and they were working on the walkways then. I guess this really needs to be a fairly ongoing thing as I assume the effect gets worn off by a jillion people walking all over it every day. It looks like there's some new color in there this time too though.

Yep... we returned 1 year ago yesterday and they were working on the walkways then. I guess this really needs to be a fairly ongoing thing as I assume the effect gets worn off by a jillion people walking all over it every day. It looks like there's some new color in there this time too though.
I'd imagine the epic rains they see probably doesn't help either. I'm surprised it lasts as well as it does.

Just watched it last Friday. Not that it was bad, it was pretty good, but best animated feature? I guess the competition was pretty thin.
So true. Pete - Hello from a fellow "Buffalo-ian" (and brand new to the Boards). Fumbling my way through and cannot locate your 2bedroom availability charts. Can you point me in the right direction, please?

So true. Pete - Hello from a fellow "Buffalo-ian" (and brand new to the Boards). Fumbling my way through and cannot locate your 2bedroom availability charts. Can you point me in the right direction, please?
Click the link in my signature. The 2 bedroom charts are under the various resorts on the first page.

And welcome to the boards!!!

Click the link in my signature. The 2 bedroom charts are under the various resorts on the first page.

And welcome to the boards!!!
Super helpful, thanks! I've rented DVC points our last 2 trips, but beginning to calculate that it may make more sense for me too buy DVC resale. My heart says "Beach Club" (by far my favorite) but my head says: (buy 'total value' at Saratoga). I like to think things through, and if I know I have a relatively solid chance of booking (mostly a 2 bedroom) at BC 7 months out, that'll be the way to go.

DISers on the Disneyland and Disney World boards both reporting price increases to APs and Daily Tickets.

SoCal Select no longer offered at DLP.

NBA Experience now included in new Park Hopper Plus passes.

No word on other fees yet.

DISers on the Disneyland and Disney World boards both reporting price increases to APs and Daily Tickets.

I heard that the increase was because they were including one special event ticket like MVMCM or MNSSHP for AP holders..... Any rumblings about that? I mean they just had a huge increase last October, another increase this soon without some sort of extra offering would be awful.

Not surprised to see NBA experience now part of Park Hopper Plus. Still no plans to go there but I was pretty sure the writing was on the wall for this one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter