News Round Up 2020

Just to focus on one paragraph because I don't want to write out a thesis as a response to the whole argument.

I don't think it's strange at all to lament the past when MK used to stay open until midnight or later.

I also don't care what other parks in the US do. I hold Disney to a higher pedestal. They certainly charge more than Legoland or whatever other parks you looked at to compare the opening hours. I stand by my earlier statement that MK closing at 11 on a holiday weekend is crap.

Why in the world would it be strange to complain about MK closing earlier than it used to on a holiday weekend?

Hurrah, AK is open 2 hours later than it used to be. Praise be.

Nope.

Another thing I think about this is that having a later close at MK would better distribute people for transportation in the evening. Right now you can easily wait until 11:00 or later on a 10:00 close for transportation back to the resorts because everyone is leaving at the same time. When MK is open later, some people will still leave after the fireworks, but others will remain in the park and leave at various increments making for less of a wait for people overall.

I agree with @Firebird060 's post....everything seems to come down to profit margins. People would be less upset about the cuts to the hours and entertainment (mostly at MK) if it wasn't happening alongside rising costs for everything else (tickets, food, hotels) and weekly ticketed events before and after regular park hours. People are paying more for less or having to pay additional to enjoy things they used to be able to enjoy as part of their normal park ticket. But...such is life and people (including me) will keep giving Disney our money.

Im curious on how long it took for Tokyo Disneys new Monorails to show up from Order to Delivery through Hitachi. I know the Monorail conversation has probably been beaten to death on this thread over the years, and I know Bombardier did WDW and DLs so the lines are completely different, Im just more so curious about how long it takes when ordering from start to finish on lines that are more easily updateable then the older monorail tech we are seeing at the Stateside Disney Parks

I've been a little bit out of the MMRR discussions so this has probably been discussed before...

Looks like they might have cut capacity in half? They're using the same basic ride vehicles but there's nowhere near the old capacity of the GMR vehicles.

Wonder if they needed that space for more scenery, or if they wanted the vehicles to have a tighter range of movement.

I've been a little bit out of the MMRR discussions so this has probably been discussed before...

Looks like they might have cut capacity in half? They're using the same basic ride vehicles but there's nowhere near the old capacity of the GMR vehicles.

Wonder if they needed that space for more scenery, or if they wanted the vehicles to have a tighter range of movement.
These are new trackless vehicles.

It looks like the same vehicle though, just shrunk in size.
I see what you're saying. I don't know if the number of people per row will be less than the prior ride vehicle but it could be that the number of rows in the new ride vehicle is less.

It's hard to tell from the pic but there appears to be 2 rows per part of the 'train' unless there's more and the picture isn't showing that. GMR def. had more rows than that per portion of the ride vehicle:

I guess maybe it's one of those wait and see how many per ride vehicle the new one is more or less going to be used for but I do see what you're meaning.

Notice the lap bars....interesting addition to the ride vehicle...wonder why? I don't think there will be drops but maybe swift turns or is it just to keep you seated in the car?
Good catch. Maybe trackless makes a difference in terms of expected movement? I could see being more swung one direction to another more swiftly maybe than what GMR had which was more like a confined space for the ride vehicle.

I work in lighting and I LOVE the new globe post top lights they show in the concept image. The old fashioned lanterns they have now are pretty and work well, but the new lights will be so beautiful at night!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter