• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2020

I'm late to the party here but just wanted to chime in and say that the Genie also sounds like they're copying the Touring Plans idea with live-updated suggestions on what order to do things in. Frankly I don't think Disney IT is smart enough to fix crowding by pushing people to unloved attractions- I think it will just push people to attractions based on wait time but by the time the data refreshes, the wait time will have skyrocketed. The beauty of the Touring Plans app is that it's so un-frilly and therefore works on incredibly low bandwidth (I'm looking at you, Parks wifi) and can refresh its data quickly- The Genie, like MDE, is going to be full of graphics and animations. Plus they're not relying on posted wait times, they're relying on live data from users actually standing in line. 99% likely Disney IT would just make suggestions based on posted wait times, since that's already in their system (although they would absolutely be able to harvest more granular wait time data if they tracked everyone's app in real time).

It's been awhile for me but the way it worked when I worked there was that they'd have two per week, occasionally extras when they'd have trouble running out of stock. Right now it looks like people are getting Goofy on MMRR or Mickey on Mission: Space. But yes, you should be able to request either or, and I'd recommend asking what they have just in case. Link below might indicate the order they'll

One of the Disney Instagrammers I follow was able to buy all the toys this week in one stop at her McDonalds. Each McDs does it differently, I guess. She made it sound like they've done this in the past with this particular McD's.

One of the Disney Instagrammers I follow was able to buy all the toys this week in one stop at her McDonalds. Each McDs does it differently, I guess. She made it sound like they've done this in the past with this particular McD's.
Yeah I would guess that's pretty rare, I tracked it a bit on social and almost everyone had gotten one of the first two, and the exceptions were places where McDs was still offering older toys.

Yeah I would guess that's pretty rare, I tracked it a bit on social and almost everyone had gotten one of the first two, and the exceptions were places where McDs was still offering older toys.
Our McD’s must be weird, they only had one kind of toy. We have four kids so we asked if we could have as many different ones as they had, but turns out it was only one. Also, we got Pluto on Jungle Cruise (times 4 lol).

Our McD’s must be weird, they only had one kind of toy. We have four kids so we asked if we could have as many different ones as they had, but turns out it was only one. Also, we got Pluto on Jungle Cruise (times 4 lol).
This is the way the toys are normally distributed here also. A new one is released every x amount of time. At first you can only get the first one then when they release the new one everyone gets the new one but you can try to exchange for the first one until they run out of it.

We've never had them all release at the same time that I'm aware of.

That seems really out of the ordinary. Most of them get them in "waves" a few per week (in order to draw people to the restaurant throughout the whole promotion) .. and some restaurants only get ONE at time (in my experience) which is a pain when dealing with kids (and parents) who don't want the same toy!

Hi All,
Hey, I just watched the D23 Globetrotting with Mickey Mouse and the Walt Disney Archives offered and it was fantastic!!!

I am a fan of the archives of anything Disney. I am a relatively new member of D23 and have really liked the arts and history info/videos they have offered.
It has been a really fun D23.

Lots of info about Minnie's Morsel's cookbook, Elton Johns Globe Trotting, and the archives of creating more characters and how they had global presence.
Lots of history I did not know about.
If you have D23 I recommend a watch.

JMHO. :flower1:

Last edited:
This is just from a local source but it's easily searchable. Looks like Wonder Woman 1984 will be released in theaters AND on HBO Max (for free for the first month, ETA: still need a subscription for HBO Max just no added cost beyond that) at the same time in December. After the first month is up it will revert back to just being available in theaters for at least a few weeks before going the On Demand rental. It's def. a different way of doing it but I really like they are trying to get a big movie in the theaters.

https://fox4kc.com/news/entertainment/wonder-woman-1984-to-debut-in-theaters-and-on-hbo-max/
This seems like a big win for those who mentioned they would go see a movie in a theater if given the opportunity.

Last edited:
My local McDonald's had all 10 available. They sold the toys to me for 56 cents each (discounted price with food order), so I got the complete set for less than $6 and I didn't have to buy a happy meal specifically to get the discount, just any food item. So I bought something off the $1 value menu.

My local McDonald's had all 10 available. They sold the toys to me for 56 cents each (discounted price with food order), so I got the complete set for less than $6 and I didn't have to buy a happy meal specifically to get the discount, just any food item. So I bought something off the $1 value menu.
You do this through the drive through?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter