News Round Up 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting a Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Just Got WAY Easier in Disney World

“Guests are now able to join that 1PM group from anywhere on Disney property, as long as they tapped into Hollywood Studios earlier that day.”

(I was just informed this is not new, but I wasn’t aware of this change, so I’ll leave it up just in case anyone else also wasn’t aware)

Yeah, definitely not new. As a matter of fact, this has been in place since December 2019 - throughout all of the boarding group changes. Only had to tap in to qualify

Yeah, definitely not new. As a matter of fact, this has been in place since December 2019 - throughout all of the boarding group changes. Only had to tap in to qualify

Thanks. That’s what I’m hearing. But what’s weird is the website still says:

‘Guests must be inside Disney’s Hollywood Studios to access this second virtual queue opportunity, and access to a boarding group is subject to availability and not guaranteed.’

Outdated?

Last edited:
Is it just me? I get so excited every time there's an alert from the News thread and I'm just waiting for news that the shows, fireworks, and restaurants are going to start re-opening....feels like we should be moving in that direction in the not too distant future...thank you to all of you dedicated people who update this thread so quickly and give me hope for more news!

Is it just me? I get so excited every time there's an alert from the News thread and I'm just waiting for news that the shows, fireworks, and restaurants are going to start re-opening....feels like we should be moving in that direction in the not too distant future...thank you to all of you dedicated people who update this thread so quickly and give me hope for more news!
I have a feeling that once Mayor Demings makes his "coming soon" announcement about distancing, masks, etc... for Orange County, we will be seeing the floodgate opening on announcements from Disney. At least, I'm hoping so since we have a July 17 arrival :)

Thanks for the kind words!! All the new and especially good news is SO exciting!!!!! I love being able to share the news and chat with all of you about what’s to come!! I can’t wait to go back!!!

Thanks. That’s what I’m hearing. But what’s weird is the website still says:

‘Guests must be inside Disney’s Hollywood Studios to access this second virtual queue opportunity, and access to a boarding group is subject to availability and not guaranteed.’

Outdated?
The DFB article doesn't say that Disney has announced a change. It just says that they just discovered it can be done. It could probably have been done all along. Disney doesn't know when people leave the park. You don't have to swipe your magicband or ticket card when leaving. If you use your data plan, rather than Disney wifi, to book your RotR boarding group at 1:00 and have your cellphone location blocked, Disney doesn't know where you are. The DFB article says it can be done from anywhere on Disney property. I wouldn't be surprised if it could be done from off-property too. Disney may want people to actually still be in DHS at 1:00. But if they don't know where you are, . . .

The DFB article doesn't say that Disney has announced a change. It just says that they just discovered it can be done. It could probably have been done all along. Disney doesn't know when people leave the park. You don't have to swipe your magicband or ticket card when leaving. If you use your data plan, rather than Disney wifi, to book your RotR boarding group at 1:00 and have your cellphone location blocked, Disney doesn't know where you are. The DFB article says it can be done from anywhere on Disney property. I wouldn't be surprised if it could be done from off-property too. Disney may want people to actually still be in DHS at 1:00. But if they don't know where you are, . . .

That makes sense! Thanks for that!

I think it's cool. Cars has this whole Route 66 vibe and those cheesy "World's Largest..." type attractions fit right in. If you really want your mind blown, in the Cars world all sentient creatures are vheicles, and yet Dinosaurs did exist, hence Dinoco, so those large plaster dinosaurs like Chester & Hester's Dino-Rama is invoking would fit right in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter