News Round Up 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
There were multiple choices and I had to rank the ideas they had. I ranked this one first because I believe like you say that it will spread the crowds around. Depending what park you are in, a person could easily get a couple of rides in before the regular guests were let in. Also, quite a few people still don’t go to the parks until later, so it would still be relatively low crowd for a while.

If nothing else, it would allow for some picture taking with smaller crowds! (and possibly a shorter line at Starbucks?)

Yeah. It's amazing the disparity in how companies use Twitter. Wendy's is still the top of the mountain as far as I'm concerned but that was a solid and well deserved jab at Disney, again, by Universal.

In the arena of opening new rides (and lands) the fastest, Disney loses to Universal every time. 😂

maybe I just don't get twitter, but I don't get companies snipping at each other on it ... just makes them seem bush league in my mind

though, probably just further evidence for how "non fun" I am
It’s the internet. They are two competing companies. Why wouldn’t one boast that they have new exciting things coming while one company is delaying things unnecessarily?

To each their own but I don’t follow anything crazy on Facebook and it’s still nonsense. I follow like 3000 people on twitter.
That’s why I just like lurking. This is the only social network I use. I read twitter, but don’t have an account and haven’t had Facebook since 2008. Never signed up for any of the others.

It’s the internet. They are two competing companies. Why wouldn’t one boast that they have new exciting things coming while one company is delaying things unnecessarily?

b/c worry about yourself?

I don't know - I know everyone finds Wendy's funny too, but just not for me. Oh well

b/c worry about yourself?

I don't know - I know everyone finds Wendy's funny too, but just not for me. Oh well
Social media generates buzz, and gets people interested. This is why companies put tons of money behind it and why there are even PhD degrees behind this type of marketings, etc. Each company has their own metrics of course. Universal does this because it works for them. Disney clearly has a very different method.

To me social media is;

Facebook: People overselling their lives to friends they had 20 years ago in high school. Basically a high school reunion, but every day.

Instagram; Same as Facebook, but with pictures

Twitter: A place to fight with strangers using opinions as facts.

But I do find that Twitter holds the most up to date news and information, especially when it comes to arenas that I follow the most, sports and movie/tv. I gave up Facebook quite a few years ago.

As far as the Uni/Disney Twitter rivalry goes, well, it’s actually just one sided. Idk if it’s Disney themselves, or their social media management team, but they’re very stiff in their tweets. Just plain information, no real fun. That’s not a bad thing. But Universal just doesn’t take themselves seriously and it shows in whoever runs their social media team. I prefer that type of account, but YMMV

My cat Walnut has an instagram and I have to tell you, cat people are nuts (myself included). There is an instagram called Cats in Food....oh my god. :rotfl:

Walnut has over 300 followers and I have 32. 😐

What’s the handle?

Social media generates buzz, and gets people interested. This is why companies put tons of money behind it and why there are even PhD degrees behind this type of marketings, etc. Each company has their own metrics of course. Universal does this because it works for them. Disney clearly has a very different method.
It's true. You don't usually see the industry leading company with the sarcastic, witty, social media. That's almost always up to the second tier of companies and upstarts, with the upstarts usually the ones that end up trying to hard. I personally don't use Twitter, but as someone who does a bit of web and social media stuff to help out my martial arts school, I appreciate the companies that use it for more than just press releases and glamour shots. It's entertainment, and some of the sniping and April Fools stuff, etc. is creative and funny. A lot of it is stupid and petty. But that pretty much sums up humanity...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter