News Round Up 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

thanks. I thought it would be sooner since they were refilling. I was searching yesterday for a date and could only find "early 2021". lol

Yeah I'm not sure why they think April, if that was announced previously or what. Maybe the boat itself is having something done? It's unclear to me but I'm not real well researched here. Maybe they had said April but are ahead of schedule.

Yeah I'm not sure why they think April, if that was announced previously or what. Maybe the boat itself is having something done? It's unclear to me but I'm not real well researched here. Maybe they had said April but are ahead of schedule.
I would guess, at this point, that they would just keep some refurbished attractions shuttered (to save costs) until they are truly needed due to crowds (Spring). No need to run the boats (and pay those castmembers) if crowds are super low and there are enough other attractions running.

Who knows . .maybe they still want to put up ugly plexiglass barriers on the boats .. lol.

But at least the river being full will make it look better.

Probably not running it while crowds are low but will run it to to help spread out spring break crowds. My guess is they actually will start it up late March in advance of Easter week.

Meh, Christopher Nolan has his hits..and his not so hits.

Everyone has a reason for wanting X to happen. I doubt Nolan is considering what happens if no movie theaters exist or are greatly reduced in numbers unless he feels he can make enough profits in the streaming platform, Warner Brothers wants some money coming in other companies feel they can hold off longer and longer, movie theaters want some incentive for people to come out in the locations where they are able to be open, actors and actresses want to ensure they are getting paid appropriately, etc. It'd be rare for any one of those to actually consider the others.

Meh, Christopher Nolan has his hits..and his not so hits.

Everyone has a reason for wanting X to happen. I doubt Nolan is considering what happens if no movie theaters exist or are greatly reduced in numbers unless he feels he can make enough profits in the streaming platform, Warner Brothers wants some money coming in other companies feel they can hold off longer and longer, movie theaters want some incentive for people to come out in the locations where they are able to be open, actors and actresses want to ensure they are getting paid appropriately, etc. It'd be rare for any one of those to actually consider the others.

Im personally not a huge Nolan fan, but he’s still a major draw. No matter how “out there” a premise of his films are, there’s still a lot of hype surrounding his movies. And a lot of that is because of how much passion he puts into how these films look on the big screen. I seriously doubt he’s going to be the only filmmaker to stand their ground on this growing issue. This has less to do with money for him than it does having films be seen the way they were meant to be seen, on a screen measured in feet, not inches. Hence why the memes of people trolling Nolan watching tenant on phones and ipods.

While it’s hard to argue against the at home method right now, if you get too deep into the comfort of watching theatrical releases at home, the chances of people going back to the theater become slim. Eventually these creators had to take a stand before it was too late. Every other studio is likely lining up to give Nolan a blank check with a promise that his films will be released on the big screen

Im personally not a huge Nolan fan, but he’s still a major draw. No matter how “out there” a premise of his films are, there’s still a lot of hype surrounding his movies. And a lot of that is because of how much passion he puts into how these films look on the big screen. I seriously doubt he’s going to be the only filmmaker to stand their ground on this growing issue. This has less to do with money for him than it does having films be seen the way they were meant to be seen, on a screen measured in feet, not inches. Hence why the memes of people trolling Nolan watching tenant on phones and ipods.

While it’s hard to argue against the at home method right now, if you get too deep into the comfort of watching theatrical releases at home, the chances of people going back to the theater become slim. Eventually these creators had to take a stand before it was too late. Every other studio is likely lining up to give Nolan a blank check with a promise that his films will be released on the big screen
Oh I don't blame him personally. I'm just saying he's concerned about the effects to him, movie theaters are concerned about the effects to them, distribution companies are concerned about the effects to them, actor and actresses are concerned about the monetary compensation patterns that could follow, etc. They all have a reason for their case to be heard so not blaming them personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter