News Round Up 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Theme Parks' Master's Program at UCF (if I was younger....)

"The University of Central Florida’s new Themed Experiences program is one-of-a-kind and exactly where it needs to be, in one of America's top tourist destinations."

"For example, the collaborative project studio is taught by Patrick Brennan, who is a senior vice president of Walt Disney Imagineering, worldwide," Weishar explained."

https://www.fox35orlando.com/news/new-theme-parks-masters-program-now-offered-at-ucf

I hope the barges they’ve installed are a bit like cleaning out a closet - it gets worse before it gets better. As others have said, they’re massive!! Looking forward to seeing them during the day when their water features are working!

Regarding the new mask policy, I'd say actively eating is when you have your food and are eating it, not in between each bite. Definitely think to is to encourage people who have finished eating to put their masks back on and maybe move on. I know some vloggers (The Trackers come to mind, though obviously before the new policy was introduced :) ) who tend to review the food they've eaten with their masks off, even after they have completely finished their food, and who knows how long vloggers actually spend doing their reviews after they are done eating :)

I agree with your interpretation. I also think it's just polite to wear the mask when interacting with the server as much as possible.

I would think that if they come over and ask "do you need anything" and you're in the middle of chewing, you can probably just shake your head no without having to put your mask on. But I agree with the above quote. We leave our masks on until we're done ordering our food and have drinks and/or food in front of us, trying to be respectful of the servers.

I guess time & experience in the park will tell exactly what Disney is expecting. Personally, I am okay with any and all rules if it means I can go into a Disney park again. Today officially marks one full year since I've been to Disneyland. If WDW wants me to recite the alphabet backwards before ordering, I'm going to do it if it means I get to be in the parks again.

If they stop sending email every time you login it will be pretty awesome!
Very much this. I appreciate being informed if a person logs in from the other side of the world. Please tell me about that. But when I login from the same devices from the same place, you don't need to let me know!

Geolocated login info is readily available from most vendors (even velocity based) and if you are making your own, a simple IP address lookup would give you a rough approximation of location.

but easier to just send it every time so it becomes noise and ignored by everyone I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter