News Round Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
TFA took good numbers Christmas eve but it's yesterday I'm interested to know. Early reports reckon about $47 million. Almost double the previous holder which was sherlock homes in 2009

Reports are that Dream along with Mickey will be going away and a new stage show will be coming in 2016.

It's about time. It's a cute little show for what it is, but there's no reason why this sort of entertainment shouldn't be cycled out every 3-5 years.

When I read that link it says Universal Studios Hollywood. The Universal Studios Orlando website still shows the normal ticket pricing.

I am glad about that. I misread it too. I bet they are doing this in light of the new HP stuff there. I bet Orlando won't do it until later, maybe as early as summer, but probably not until next year. There's going to be a big transition issue with previously purchased tickets when either Uni Orlando or WDW do this. I think people buy tickets way more in advance for these parks than they do at Uni Hollywood.

Last edited:
I am glad about that. I misread it too. I bet they are doing this in light of the new HP stuff their. I bet Orlando won't do it until later, maybe as early as summer, but probably not until next year. There's going to be a big transition issue with previously purchased tickets when either Uni Orlando or WDW do this. I think people buy tickets way more in advance for these parks than they do at Uni Hollywood.

Orlando will likely stick to their usual pattern: wait until Disney World announces their price changes then follow a day after.

Which is a shame because if Universal really wanted to put some pressure on Disney they'd hold their prices where they are for a year.

Reports are that Dream along with Mickey will be going away and a new stage show will be coming in 2016.
It's about time. It's a cute little show for what it is, but there's no reason why this sort of entertainment shouldn't be cycled out every 3-5 years.

Or - as it first came into my head - THANK THE LORD!

My daughter will be 13.5 the next time we go to Disney World. Her first trip will have been 10 years earlier - it will be the SAME SHOW. Ugh. The first few times it was great. The next 3-4 times it was cute. (Remember the excitement when they got articulated heads?) At this point, we can't stand it.

I other words, I would LOVE a new stage show.

By the way - the previous stage show - Cinderellabration - last all of 1.5 years. That's probably too short, but really 10 YEARS?

Or - as it first came into my head - THANK THE LORD!

My daughter will be 13.5 the next time we go to Disney World. Her first trip will have been 10 years earlier - it will be the SAME SHOW. Ugh. The first few times it was great. The next 3-4 times it was cute. (Remember the excitement when they got articulated heads?) At this point, we can't stand it.

I other words, I would LOVE a new stage show.

By the way - the previous stage show - Cinderellabration - last all of 1.5 years. That's probably too short, but really 10 YEARS?
I think everyone feels this way.

I think everyone feels this way.

Wait. Dream Along With Mickey has been on for TEN YEARS? Really!?? Holy cow. We've done 10 trips since 2006 and this past trip in October 2015 was the first time we actually watched it bc our 4.5 year old wanted to see it! Apparently we never bothered before, or if we did I don't remember. Hello oblivious!

Wait. Dream Along With Mickey has been on for TEN YEARS? Really!?? Holy cow. We've done 10 trips since 2006 and this past trip in October 2015 was the first time we actually watched it bc our 4.5 year old wanted to see it! Apparently we never bothered before, or if we did I don't remember. Hello oblivious!
I'm 17 and it's been there as long as I can remember

Since our "kids" are now married, and one even has a child of her own, we have only traveled with adults for many years. I have to say I have never purposely watched the whole thing. The parts we did see and hear while making our way from one side of the park to the other were quite enough. Since our grandson won't be going until he's a bit older, we probably won't see it at all.

I had thought I had read that while the ramps and stage were shut down for the remodel last year, that they were working on a new show...shows how much I pay attention to info about that show...:laughing:

I'm excited by the possibility of a new stage show. But I'm a little concerned it will turn out to be some Darth Vader vs. Elsa concoction. If it is, I'm out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter