NIAGARA FALLS DIS MEET ~ WITH MICKEY MOUSE AND THE GANG! Nov 23, 2002

SandraC

Longs for the feeling of sandy salt water in her k
Hi all! How about a Novemeber DIS MEET with DISNEY CHARACTERS in Niagara Falls.

November 23 marks the start of the 20th Anniversary of Niagara Falls Winter Festival of Lights! LINK http://www.iaw.com/~falls/lights.html

This will be our 6th year going!

Here is what happens! On Saturday, Nov 23 ~ none of the lights are on yet! UNTIL! 5:15pm in Queen Victoria Park (across from the Falls on the CDN side) the major and organizers do their VERY brief speaches, at 5:25pm GOOFY comes on stage and TURNS ON THE LIGHTS! IT'S LOVELY! Then grand fireworks go on for about 5 minutes and about 5:30pm there is a 30 minute DISNEY show with Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Pluto, Chip, Dale and EVEN Santa Claus! There is a later show too! Every year dd and I debate on who turns on the lights, she says Goofy, I say Mickey, last year she was right! Watch the weather. We have been in beautifully warm weather with giant fluffy snow flakes gently dancing in the sky, to HOT muddy weather, to sooooo cold I'm freezing my nose off!

My family usually gets hotel that Saturday night, swim all afternoon, then off to see the opening ceremonies!

I was thinking of two ideas.

(1) Meet before the show in the afternoon at Queen Victoria Cafeteria, beside the park where they show is. We can enjoy hot chocolate before the show!

OR

(2) Go to the RFC before or after the show.

ANY TAKERS!

SandraC

i don't have young children to bring Sandra, but i would still love to do this:p dd and ds have much more important things to do these days:rolleyes: i work every sat. but i'm going to see if i can manage to get this one off:D

kathe:D

Hi Sandra

Talked with DD last night and said since we won't be going to Disney in the near future, (try and keep a straight face when you've taught your child not to lie and your are!)and mentioned about the lights and Mickey, etc, etc, So it was decided that at least she'll see Mickey, etc., etc. and we can spend the time in Niagara Falls and pretend.

Can't wait to meet you guys!
Still have to come up with a story as to how I know you all and why.

Any ideas?

Scratch
(Janet)
:smooth:

Sounds like fun Sandra. I'll mark it down on my calendar and hope that the weather is okay for driving unless dh comes too and he can do the driving. I wonder what the hotel rates will be if I make it a family mini-vacation weekend? If it's just me, I can always stay at my parent's house in Chippawa.

It's my bday weekend, so we always stay Saturday night. We are thinking of staying Friday night too this year. We usually get great rates at hotels that time of year, but I've been monitoring the hotel web sites and they aren't too cheap this year. Friday is reasonable, but Saturday is $$$$$$$$$$. We have stayed using those 2 night all meals included deals. Last January we stayed at the Hilton, EXCELLENT HOTEL with a 27 foot WATER FALL and 3 storey water slide! All meals were at the Watermark Restaurant, their rooftop restaurant! EXCELLENT FOOFOO restaurant! You know the type, $30 pasta. But it was INCLUDED. I think the whole weekend cost about $250.00, tax and everything. Not like that NOW! LOL! S

When my parents were still having Christmas dinner at their house, we'd stay at the Sheraton Fallsview. I remember it was so peaceful there, overlooking the falls and the room rate was quite reasonable. But that was several years ago, I'll probably have a shock now.

We had a family discussion on the way home from the DISmeet yesterday...and it was unanimous that we will try to fit it into our schedule. Sounds like fun :D
Tony mentioned yesterday that we should try lodgings.com (I hope that was it) and we may be able to get some good rates for a hotel that weekend.
Canadave

Hi Guys! Can't make it this time as we are doing the $99 Disney cruise special 11/21......will be on the Disney WOnder and unable to attend. I feel bad but not too bad! We then go to OKW for the week. The opening of Festival of Lights is a great time to go. The Disney activities are great and the weather isn't too cold yet. Great time to get in some Holiday shopping too. A hint on hotels that time of year....the prices will come down - trust me. Book your best deal now and check cancellation policy. Keep checking and two weeks or less before, make your best deal and cancel your old ressie. There is a site to check called www.infoniagara.com. Also check eachindividual site for Niagara Falls info....the hotels on Clifton Hill area...Brock, Foxhead etc and check the Radisson and Sheratons. The Hilton will have better rates on city views too. The Marriott will stay high in price. The little places off the main roads will be dirt cheap but clean and nice.
The light show isn't the Osborn show like in MGM but the closest I have seen. Fireworks, music, characters, parades etc. I will be thinking of you as we sail the ocean with mickey!:smooth:

Just thought I'd bump this up and see who's going. We're still planning on getting a hotel room but haven't booked yet. Looking forward to a Disney fix.
Tony

We are going (dh, dd, ds and me)! I booked Friday and Saturday night. We will be at the 5:30pm Disney Show on Saturday night, Nov. 23. We would love to meet with everyone about an hour earlier at the Queen Victoria Cafeteria located across the street from the show ~ about a 3-5 minute walk. Who else is in? Sandra

Hi, looking forward to meeting you all!

It's gonna be a Disneyrific Weekend.

Is anyone else going to the Character Breaky?
We're booked for Sunday 'cause were gonna go over to catch the premiere of Planet Treasure (if I get the certificate) in Buffalo.

See you all there!

Scratch
aka
Janet
:smooth:

PS I might even tell DD about her Birthday gift then.
We'll see.

We are going to the Saturday breakky. We were invited years ago to these char breakkies as my dd is a Make a Wish Kid and the NF char breakkies started out for WISH KIDS. The NF charity is called TENDER WISHES. So if you go to the breakky, please consider supporting TENDER WISHES. Many people buy extra char breakky tickets so a WISH KID can go for free. This is our 5th char breakky in NF. We support TENDER WISHES even thou my dd is one of the kids. Chat soon, S

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter