Nifty Fifty: The Great return of the Sauciers! - April 2022 TR

Loving the new updates. I chuckled when you said one girl took pictures of the ducks and squirrels! My daughters are similar ages and I agree,
I forgot to include these in the post... These are Gwen's photos from the ride.
Untitled \

Untitled

Untitled

Amazing, right?!?

I am trying to be more of a YES mom and do the "fun" things they ask. Because the one who is almost 14 is asking less and less!
13 / 14. 15 is def the age range where it really starts to hit you!

The Safari was slow today! We had a Giraffe on the road. I made the joke that there was Garaffick. Gwen thought it was funny Morgan rolled her eyes.
I would have laughed with you :)

We always love doing this and it's a great soviegner. we have hung our drawings in frames in our house.
Your pictures all turned out amazing!!!! We did Timon on our last trip. The family behind us had a child who took it WAY too seriously that his drawing wasn't turning out well. The animator actually had to stop and wait for the parents to get their screaming, crying ten year old (from the looks of him) out so he could continue giving the instructions. Jimmy got to keep the animators drawing afterward :)

Anybody know why hte pipes are these colors? If you watch Molly you def know! Gwen was excitied to see them. All of you tube view really upped Gwen's love of the small details.
I do,! I do! I always love to point them out and my family is like, "we know, we know." They're not impressed with my knowledge of random Disney LOL

(But I will say I have been big on living life. You know, not being the mom who goes in the pool cause she thinks she is too fat in her bathing suit. Or doesn't want to be in pictures, because they feel ugly today. These girls aren't going to be with me forever. They are getting older and just trying to cherise all the moments that I can!)
I love this so much. I feel the exact same way!!

Happy to see you back! I live that Friday Night Lights craziness too so totally get it. Congratulations to Morgan's band. What a huge accomplishment. Also, I just love your house Christmas decorations and your huge front porch. So beautiful.

Morgan has finished her first Marching Band Season!! It was all consuming for all of us! More than I had expected. So, mostly that! But also just getting used to school again, and high school for Morgan!
So fun for her! I love how she is jumping in and getting involved right in grade 9!
The girls did trick or treating this year... still... But Morgan and her BFF made there outfits, which was nice. Andy put pictures of who they were being below, as most adults had no idea. (They are anime characters from a show called My Hero Academia)
They look awesome!
The band had a trunk or treat after the Regional Championship. We did a Christmas theme.
So cute!
We had friendsgiving after a 2 year break with our friends. Which was so so nice...
Love that! Nothing better than time with dear friends.
Thanks for sticking with me. I am going to try and post each day this month. So, some might be short posts but we will see if I can do it. So, fingers crossed, tomorrow I will have an update on this trip!
Glad to see you back on the boards! I absolutely love the pics of your house. It is stunning!
This had a ALOT of eggs. But the breakfast potatoes were pretty good. Unlike the fries we had the first night, they were actually fully cooked and crispy. And the eggs weren't terrible. They seemed like real eggs and maybe had some milk in them?
That looks pretty good!
At 9:30 I was able to make another LL. I got a Lightning lane for Navi River Journey at 4:15 5:15. Which was going to work well with our dinner reservations. I know... Navi? Why Navi? We have only gone on it one time. Back when the land was brand new. And never since! And I wanted to give it another try!
I like Navi every so often.
We stopped for a photo in front of the tree first.
Love these pics!
Stopped on the way to mobile order some food. And then said we are here. Even with the saying we were here early, we still waited 10-15 minutes for the food to be ready.
I always enjoy Satuli.
hey are great. :)
After dinosaur we hussled over to Navi River Journey.
Dinosaur is fun.
It was a good meal but we weren’t wow’d by it. We probably won’t go back. We just love Boma and Sanaa so much more! And I honestly wouldn't mind going to just the lounge and doing some of the stuff there.
I have never been tempted to do Tiffins but I love Nomad!
I left us off finishing up dinner. At dinner we talked about what we wanted to do this evening. And the one thing the girls wanted to still do, was ride Kali River. As we were paying the bill I looked and saw that it was only a 10 minute wait. So, the girls wanted to go do that. So, off we went to the back of the park.
I still haven't ridden Kali.
The CM commented said how she looked so happy to just sit on the motorbike.
Such a cute picture!
The girls were happy to have ridden Rockn' Rollercoaster without a wait. It was now about 8:30 and Hollywood Studios closed at 9:00 this day. So we didn't have a lot of time left. We decided to try and ride Mickey and Minnie’s again.
Fun night! I like RnRC but it's not easy on my body anymore.
When we were walking out, I just happened to turn around and noticed that there was this!
Cute!!

I am just joining in. I am glad I found this report. We are going over Easter this year. The kids are both going with the marching band and DH and I are going semi on our own. Your report will help give us a feel for how busy it will be. Gwen sounds a lot like my DD. She most likely will be eating Mac and Cheese every day. Our last trip (about 5 years ago) she only really at buttered noodles.

I'm trying to get caught up on all the reports I read.

Congrats to Morgan on the band. I went through 3 kids and Friday nights. My oldest was the only one who did the actual band, the girls were on the dance team, so they didn't do competitions. It really did take a lot of time but I'm so glad they did it. I think it' important to be a part of something in high school.

Great updates on AK and finishing up the day at DHS.

Hi Everyone!!! Remember me? The person who promised to post everyday in December? Yeah, that's me... I won't promise anything anymore. But I am going to try and be better. I do want to get this trip done before our next trip (April) And I have a bunch of days left!

December took a rough turn for us, my mother has been in the hospital and spent most of it in the ICU. It was a very scary couple weeks. She is still in the hospital but they finally moved her out of ICU. There is still a lot of recovery to come. And she isn't fully out of the woods. But being out of ICU feels better. (but not great) So, between that and trying to keep the holidays up beat for the girls, it was a long month.

So, this week, I have done nothing!!! And it's been fabulous! This is the first year our office closed for the whole week. And it has been exactly what I needed. I started to think about our April trip, and will be posting on my Pre trip report at some point this week. As I need to get hotels booked. And start looking for flights for our July trip!

Thanks to everyone for hanging around. I am hoping to get the next day started today, as we lounge around.

I love this so much. I feel the exact same way!!
This month really emphasized this for me!

Your pictures all turned out amazing!!!!
Thanks. I am quickly becoming the worst drawer in the family.

Jimmy got to keep the animators drawing afterward
That is awesome!

I hate that no one in my family wants to try Satuli Canteen! Tiffins looked excellent as well.
Boo. There is a lot of good food in Animal Kingdom.

Also, I just love your house Christmas decorations and your huge front porch. So beautiful.
Thanks! The big porch came in handy during Covid. We had a few holiday outside on that porch.

So fun for her! I love how she is jumping in and getting involved right in grade 9!
She loved it. She is starting Tech Crew soon, but it's a little more laid back, and having a hard time inserting herself in. I hope she does... she isn't as good with a free form setting.

Glad to see you back on the boards! I absolutely love the pics of your house. It is stunning!
Thanks! I was here and gone. The house is a beauty but an old beauty!

I like Navi every so often.
It is nice. It just needs something to it... A little bit of a story line. Maybe they can add something now that the new movie is out.

I have never been tempted to do Tiffins but I love Nomad!
I think we will stick with Nomad.

I am just joining in. I am glad I found this report. We are going over Easter this year. The kids are both going with the marching band and DH and I are going semi on our own. Your report will help give us a feel for how busy it will be. Gwen sounds a lot like my DD. She most likely will be eating Mac and Cheese every day. Our last trip (about 5 years ago) she only really at buttered noodles
Welcome!!!! Sorry that I stopped in December! It was busy but it you know what to expect, it is manageable. We had a great time. I would love to hear how it goes with Marching Band, I don't think our school goes for Marching Band but we will see.

I'm trying to get caught up on all the reports I read.
I think I am a bit behind on your trip reports!!! I saw you pics from the trip and ummmm I think I missed the fact that there was another family member coming soon!
I think it' important to be a part of something in high school.
It really is! No matter what it is.

Day Six: EPCOT

Today was a day we had been talking about alot during covid. We talked about eating around the world and what the girls would eat and what countries would be the hardest. We also needed pack up because we were switching hotels today!

Untitled

I set the alarm for 6:55 to get our first LL. I wanted to try and get Remy, as we hadn't ridden it yet. But I didn't get one. I got "got" as Molly likes to say. I thought I had one but by the time I clicked through it was gone. AND I ended up waking everyone up with my alarm. (this is why I am not a fan of this)

At this point I wasn’t loving this whole new system. Today was to be a rest morning and having to wake up to get LL was really annoying. And getting “got” when trying to get a Fancy Ride was also really annoying.

I spent way too long refreshing for a time that seemed good for Frozen. And ended up getting a Frozen from 2:30 - 3:30. I figured we would be in the World Showcase all afternoon.

We were in no rush this morning.

Untitled
Our Tinkerbell gifts today were Orange Bird Shirts and snacking around the world passports. The passports were super cute! I got them off of Etsy.

Andy and Morgan watched Moon Knight. They streamed the ipad to the tv.

While they did that, Gwen and I went down and got coffee and breakfast from Barcelona lounge. We got Ham, Egg, and Cheese Croissant for both ladies. I refilled my mug with coffee.

We started packing up and showering and just trying to relax a bit.

Housekeeping came at 9:00. Asked when we were leaving. Told them 10:30. And we left right at 10:30! We dragged our bags down to bell services. They said bag transfer happens anytime between 1:00 - 6:00. I don't know if anyone had told us that before, but good to know!

I made a second LL while waiting for the bus. Got Spaceship Earth to use when we got there! We just missed an EPCOT bus but another bus came 2 minutes later. Bus left at 10:38.

We got to the park at 11:00. Decent amount of people coming in at this time. Got behind a family who I think didn’t have a park reservation. There was a lot of discussion and were eventually sent to guest services. It is so hard standing there, when that happens... It is a test of patients...

Untitled
But we finally made it in!

Untitled
So happy to see this beauty again!

We got a photo pass photo in front of the ball. But it was a SUPER weird lens the guy had on and a terrible picture. The ball was all warped. I can't seem to find the picture. We must have deleted it! It was that bad!

We headed into Spaceship Earth. Spaceship Earth was a 35 minute wait. But we walked on, which was nice.
Untitled

Untitled
Morgan and I sat together, so that we could pick the "correct" language...

Untitled

Anyone ever look on the other side of Foxy Lady?
Untitled

Untitled
Morgan decided we should make our future “terrible” she picked public transportation, live to work, basically anything that involve talking or being around people.

Untitled
Here is Morgan going off to work! Ha!

After scanning into Spaceship Earth, I grabbed a Figment LL. (yes kind of a waste but EPCOT is lacking... And I am pretty sure Test Track was all gone by then) We headed towards Figment next.

We had to walk back around the ball to get there. Which was super annoying. All the construction walls are the worst. I can't wait till they are done.

Untitled
We tried to enjoy the topiaries as we walked. And took our time.

We stopped in the butterfly garden.
Untitled
Morgan was creeped out by the butterflies. After Gwen said it was underwhelming so needless to say we didn't spend a ton of time in there. Is was also about 11:30 and getting hungry.
Untitled

Untitled
We saw Pooh out in the grassy area! We kind of said hi.

Untitled

After a quick and rather awkward hello with Pooh, we headed into ride Figment. Figment had a 25 minute wait so well worth the LL!
Untitled

Untitled
One day, I hope they upgrade this ride. We said that they could do something similar to Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway to make you feel like you are upside down and stuff.

After scanning in for Figment, I made another LL. This time for Soarin between 7-8.

Untitled
We saw Joy on our way out! But we didn't stop because it was time to start eating!!!

Up Next... Eating around the world!

I am so sorry to hear about your mom! I am happy to hear she is on the mend, and I hope it keeps getting better!
Thanks. It has just been a very slow recovery. Too slow for my liking. but it is what it is. Some things we can't control.

Happy to hear your mom is on the mend!
Thank You.

Prayers to your mom. It’s so hard watching our parents get older. Glad you have some time to relax this week.
Thank You. This week has been much needed!

So sorry about your mom. I'm happy to hear she is out of the ICU. It's very hard to have loved ones in the hospital at this time of year.

Epcot really is a dud for Genie +. You need it to get the really good rides but then it's just lame. Sorry the butterfly house was a bust. I like it but Danielle just did it in hopes of getting some great photos with butterflies.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you ate.

All caught up with you again.
Sorry to hear your mum is having a tough time. Fingers crossed she continues to recover and heal.
Here’s hoping 2023 brings good health and happiness for you all!

Hope your mom is improving., good for you for sticking with the TR!

Sorry to hear about your mom. I've had some parental health issues to deal with recently as well and it's stressful. Hope that she continues to improve! Looks like a fun day at EPCOT though I agree it's not in great shape right now. I'm looking forward to "the middle" being completed. Flower and Garden is such a beautiful time of year to visit - how fun you'll get to visit again this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter