Nightlife on the Dream? Evolution- dancing?

Chrisbud14

Earning My Ears
We cruised this past October on the Dream and there wasn't any dancing/nightlife on the ship it seemed. For anyone who has sailed recently is there a DJ at Evolution and is the dancefloor open or is it just games still? We're cruising again in December on the Dream and looking forward to see if there's been any changes! Thanks.

They also have no cruise director on board anymore.
This is extremely hard to believe can anybody else verify this?
Scott at Disney Cruise Line Blog is still reporting specific cruise directors on his "Personal Navigators" of specific sailings, including July 2022 cruises. I suspect that on this particular cruise the cruise director was down with Covid.

This is extremely hard to believe can anybody else verify this?
I suppose it's possible, but I would be stunned to learn that the District, Pink, 687, Skyline and Evolution were all closed at 9. There is just too much money to made in the bars for that to occur.

All the cruise directors were gone? The ships all have at least 3 - the cruise director and the assistant cruise director who work with guests and there is also a cruise director that works with the crew.

The adult club host position has been eliminated. Every cruise ship sailing from any company has a cruise director. If all of the clubs closed at 9 pm, that would be a first and hard to imagine. At 9 pm they don't allow kids anymore.

Scott at Disney Cruise Line Blog is still reporting specific cruise directors on his "Personal Navigators" of specific sailings, including July 2022 cruises. I suspect that on this particular cruise the cruise director was down with Covid.
I was thinking it was to do with COVID. I was on the Dream in December and while the adult areas were quieter at night due to reduced capacity, there was still the normal activity.

The adult club host position has been eliminated. Every cruise ship sailing from any company has a cruise director. If all of the clubs closed at 9 pm, that would be a first and hard to imagine. At 9 pm they don't allow kids anymore.
So there’s no adult club host anymore? Is there no place to dance for adults? Last I heard it was only game shows. I remember back in the day Evolution used to have a DJ and there’d be people on the dance floor.

Oh boy, this has me worried! I switched our plans fro the Wish to the Dream specifically because the Wish has no dance club. Has anyone else been on the Dream lately? Is Evolution really closed?

Oh boy, this has me worried! I switched our plans fro the Wish to the Dream specifically because the Wish has no dance club. Has anyone else been on the Dream lately? Is Evolution really closed?
I think they're right; there is no dance club anymore. Which sucks because it used to be pretty nice back in the day. This is what someone just recently replied on a DCL Facebook group:

I think they're right; there is no dance club anymore. Which sucks because it used to be pretty nice back in the day. This is what someone just recently replied on a DCL Facebook group:
Well, I think that is the nail in the coffin for me - we are going to look for a different cruise line. I just don’t get it Disney! One of the best aspects of cruising is that parents can enjoy a little nightlife knowing that their kids are safely supervised close by. If they are trying to cater to families with kids this ain’t it IMO.

Well, I think that is the nail in the coffin for me - we are going to look for a different cruise line. I just don’t get it Disney! One of the best aspects of cruising is that parents can enjoy a little nightlife knowing that their kids are safely supervised close by. If they are trying to cater to families with kids this ain’t it IMO.

No offense, but I don’t think you understand the Disney cruise clientele - the huge majority have little to no interest in dancing/nightclubs.

No offense, but I don’t think you understand the Disney cruise clientele - the huge majority have little to no interest in dancing/nightclubs.
While I think a majority of DCL clientele match what you say, I wouldn't say a huge majority. I'd also say there is an interest in dancing/nightclubs. Disney clientele is a pretty diverse group of people. They range from young families with kids to more seasoned parents with teens, to couples with no kids, to retired and no kids, to couples who never had kids, to singles, to LGBTQ+, and to any other person I left out. When I sailed on the Fantasy in 2019, the nightclubs were not exactly dead after 9:00 PM. In fact, there was quite a bit of life to them. It was not Carnival Cruise party crazy, but it was still lively. As for me, I'm in that middle-aged not old enough to retire but traveling without an adult child this time. My wife and I enjoy dinner at Remy or Palo and then afterward relax to a glass of wine and a couple of dances before calling it a night. That's what has been the great thing about Disney and DCL in the past, it has always offered something for everyone.

Last edited:
So what nightlife is there on the dream for adults fro, 9pm are the adult only bars open?
is the nursery still open till midnight?

And who are you to define the majority? I did not know that having a family meant you no longer have an interest in having a couple drinks and hitting the dance floor. Even then so, there are many young couples with a love to Disney who like to dance as well. It costs them nothing to turn up the music a bit and let people dance and mingle.

And who are you to define the majority? I did not know that having a family meant you no longer have an interest in having a couple drinks and hitting the dance floor. Even then so, there are many young couples with a love to Disney who like to dance as well. It costs them nothing to turn up the music a bit and let people dance and mingle.

You sound insulted, wasn’t my intention. I base this on my experience cruising with DCL and the relative lack of attendance in the adult venues late at night. Your experiences may be different. I also think Disney knows far more about their audience than either of our anecdotal experiences.

RIGHT? The kids club 4-12 is so amazing that the kids will want to be in there. And it's like all Disney wants to offer the adults now is paid activities like tastings and the spa. Sigh.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter