Nighttime story at AKL Questions

AuntMinnie

Mouseketeer
FOr our trip we will be staying on site and I am trying to plan what we will do on eves. that we don't go to the parks?

Is the story circle at AKL open to all WDW guests or only guests of AKL? ( Please don't jump on me The campfire at FW campground is open to all so I plan for us to go, but if this is a closed event then we won't crash)

How long is the story time, I assume it starts around dusk.

Would the story be at the interest level and not to scary for DD4 and DD5?

If we are allowed to go( and the story is appropriate for the girls,) would dinner, looking at animals from public balcony and the story teller be a good evening at AKL ?

Hi there...

Anyone can attend the storytelling at AKL.

It starts at 7:30pm around the firepit just outside the lobby at the Arusha Outlook area.

You have to be ther a good 20 minutes early to get a rocking chair.... we went to 2 of these and both time the chairs were gone by 7:10pm and many had to stand.. but that is okay too.

The story is told by one of the African guides at the hotel and is about 20 minutes or so.. it is a folklore tail that is suitable for all kids... (ie) the tortoise and the hare kind of tale...

The kids have to guess the moral of the story and there is some talking about it afterwards... both stories we heard were cute and the storytellers are very good.

One storyteller brought a bag of dried caterpillars and ate one in front of the kids.. who squealed.

Another sotryteller had a dried crocodile head to pass around for all to see.

I think having dinner at the Lodge, seeing the animals and catching the storytelling would be a very nice evening..

Have fun planning your holiday

>>^..^<<

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter