Nike....laying off workers

Tiger Woods leaving Nike and starting his own brand may be contributing to the downturn. His brand and golf was a huge part of Nike.

I say this out of respect Tippy because you always bring a lot of thoughtful insight to the boards but I don't think it really matters, @DCLMP was just stating a thought/opinion and not looking for a debate. Just like my OP asking if it was bad management, being woke, combination of both or as another poster mentioned, it might be neither.
Debates are best left to the controversial topic
I was just asking a question for clarification. Sorry about that.

Thanks for that. I wasn't trying to debate or argue, I really just wanted to make sure I understood what was being said. I'll just go back to emojis again. They seem safer.
It’s seems problematic that one can make a post and then hide behind “that’s for the controversial” board to avoid explaining it. If the explanation is to controversial then the post should not have been made.

I know that it was someone else who said not to ask for clarification but the point still stands.

It’s seems problematic that one can make a post and then hide behind “that’s for the controversial” board to avoid explaining it. If the explanation is to controversial then the post should not have been made.

I know that it was someone else who said not to ask for clarification but the point still stands.
Agreed.

I'm not sure exactly what they meant but Nike has appealed to the urban youth market for a while. It isn't a surprise or hidden agenda and isn't "woke".
Okay. I appreciate the info. I didn't ask about hidden agendas or being woke. I truly just wanted to make sure I understood what was being said or implied. It really was just a simple question.

I am not hiding behind what I OP and will fully own whatever I post. I was appalled by the Nike top dog saying he takes full responsibility for the loses but keeps his job and lays off over 1,600 ppl. I threw out some ideas but was really just curious what others thought about the downturn. Nothing more.

I only felt Tippy was poking the bear so to speak by asking another poster for clarification. Why ask for clarification when it is pretty obvious what DCMLP was saying? Hence, the reason why I spoke up and only did so since it was my OP. If I misconstrued @TippyThomas post then I most sincerely apologize and will do so privately. As I said, I respect Tippy for what he brings to the boards.

I was just asking a question for clarification. Sorry about that.

Don't be sorry, Tippy... I'd like to know, too.

Thanks for that. I wasn't trying to debate or argue, I really just wanted to make sure I understood what was being said. I'll just go back to emojis again. They seem safer.

I am not hiding behind what I OP and will fully own whatever I post. I was appalled by the Nike top dog saying he takes full responsibility for the loses but keeps his job and lays off over 1,600 ppl. I threw out some ideas but was really just curious what others thought about the downturn. Nothing more.

I only felt Tippy was poking the bear so to speak by asking another poster for clarification. Why ask for clarification when it is pretty obvious what DCMLP was saying? Hence, the reason why I spoke up and only did so since it was my OP. If I misconstrued @TippyThomas post then I most sincerely apologize and will do so privately. As I said, I respect Tippy for what he brings to the boards.
I still have no idea what DCMLP was "obviously" saying.
Sometimes the bear needs to be poked, and if it is obvious to some, but not all that the intent was meant that young black males are the demographic...well, there. Elephant in the room has been spoken for.

Tippy, ask away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter