Nikki & Rob's PJ: Wishes Vow Renewal 6/29/09 *Update* I may cancel!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gosh, I can relate!! I had the same problem when we first decided to do a VR, it was more than a year out. It's soooo....hard to be patient. Try to stay busy and have fun, time flies when you are having fun! :goodvibes

Patients is one of my biggest faults!LOL I just don't have any!:rotfl:

Congratulations on 14 years! Your newsletter is great! We went with cards and pockets too- it has worked out nicely :goodvibes:

Thanks!

Don't feel bad! :hug: The same thing happened to me - I called DFTW a few weeks ago and got the same reply you did. In fact, they didn't even take any of my details, just said I should call back a year out from the date I wanted. Oh well, I suppose I'll just have to be patient .....

The girl reluctantly took my details after I pressured her!LOL

Here is a picture of the roses I want for my bouquet. DH knew the color scheme I want for our VR and bought me these today and they are exactly it! These are the exact colors I want to use for everything, decor, centerpieces, invites, etc.... I just can't figure out what color it is!LOL:lmao: I'm thinking it's an orangey, reddish, yellow!:confused3 I want DD to wear a dress that is more of the orangey reddish color in these pictures. Can anyone tell me by looking at these pictures what color this is? Is this a particular kind of rose? I am clueless when it comes to flowers.
47b8dc35b3127cceb5b0db2e7e0600000026100AZtWTlszZuGJg

47b8dc35b3127cceb5b0db2a7e0200000026100AZtWTlszZuGJg

47b8dc35b3127cceb5b0db17ff0f00000026100AZtWTlszZuGJg

AWWW thank you! That's what DH thought too!

AWWW thank you! That's what DH thought too!

Yeah, sorry that I can't be of more help but they really look like a sunset! I'd call them sunset roses maybe? :cutie: I think that would be the best way I can think of to describe all those colors in a single word. I think that's such a romantic way to look at it, too. :lovestruc

Thanks everyone!!

Well we got the preview video from STVS, and well, DH and I weren't too impressed. We really liked Star Fruit Productions better. I just hope by the time our VR comes they will be shooting in High Def and offer the video on Blu-Ray disk.

I have to admit that I am starting to have a hard time spending all this money on our VR! I don't know what's wrong with me! I have no problem spending on my kids, family vacations, the house. But when it comes to spending it on myself I have a hard time. I think I'm feeling guilty, like maybe I shouldn't be spending so much, or maybe I should be doing something else with all the money I am spending.:confused:

Thanks everyone!!

Well we got the preview video from STVS, and well, DH and I weren't too impressed. We really liked Star Fruit Productions better. I just hope by the time our VR comes they will be shooting in High Def and offer the video on Blu-Ray disk.

I have to admit that I am starting to have a hard time spending all this money on our VR! I don't know what's wrong with me! I have no problem spending on my kids, family vacations, the house. But when it comes to spending it on myself I have a hard time. I think I'm feeling guilty, like maybe I shouldn't be spending so much, or maybe I should be doing something else with all the money I am spending.:confused:

Oh, honey, I can relate! My whole family, especially my inlaws, have been giving me a really hard time about our VR. They just don't get it! They are coming in July, but they are just Disney Haters! :headache: BUT DON'T FEEL BAD! It's okay to spend money on "you" (I know it goes against the "Mother" Code) REPEAT AFTER ME....."It's okay to spend money on me!" :hug:

BTW, Love the Roses! Beautiful color!

I agree :flower3: you deserve it! I cant relate though-with 3 boys I'm definately the last on the list for anything! But, it is nice right now to be a little selfish and think of myself and DF, though every decision has them in mind- including the fact that our "honeymoon" is a "familymoon" and I cant imagine it any other way!

have fun planning and enjoy a little "just for me" time!:goodvibes:

Nikki, You definitely deserve it!! This is the wedding you were always meant to have (just slightly delayed). I am sure you and your DH have worked hard to be able to afford it. So enjoy your planning (everything looks gorgeous by the way - I LOVE your dress and the flowers!) and your vow renewal day without guilt. :hug:

And I agree with roozlilone... It's definitely ok to spend money on YOU. Even an author on Oprah was saying that today.

Great PJ so far!! Definately a help for mine in 2 yrs!

I followed this link from another post and this is wonderful. My Dh & I honeymooned in the world at WL and then he planned a trip for our 10 year anniversary all on his own. Planned care for our daughter, who was 5 and 2nd day school, packed my clothes, everything. Just told me we were going away. I had no idea it was Disney! We had a wonderful 4 day weekend and celebrated our anniverasy evening with a boat ride (by luck) all by our selves from Fort Wilderness to Wilderness Lodge in the moonlight. I would love to do a VR in 2015 in Disney!! 20 years! What is STVS regarding the Video? Your plans sound WONDERFUL and the flowers and dress are beautiful!!

Sorry I have been away from my PJ for so long! I had to give the VR planning a little break.

Here's some updates on us.
We didn't go on the Hilton Head trip in April, we went to WDW instead!:woohoo: I postponed our London/Paris trip because we will "hopefully" be doing the trip with Adventures by Disney next year. More on that later. We have put the move on hold too. After the VR is done with then we will concentrate on selling our house and moving. We are currently doing any and all repairs and work that needs to be done on our house and getting it in top shape.

Most of my family is excited about our VR and everyone keeps calling me to find out what week they should take their vacation next year. It really makes me so happy so many of them are so excited and really into our VR!!! I think I might need to plan some other special things for us to do as a group for the week we will all be there.

I still haven't gotten a call from DFTW. I plan on calling again in June. We have a trip planned in Nov. I am thinking DH and I can go down in Jan. to do a planning session. I'm thinking we don't need to do a site visit. We have seen the WP and know we want it, also we want our reception at the GF and from the pictures love the White Hall room and we had already seen all the spots in Epcot that we could have our DP at.(we looked them again on this past trip) I think we know what we want. Can anyone tell me what days they do the planning sessions on? I think I remember something about them not being done on weekends?

So I was thinking that a great way to end our week at WDW after our DFTW would be to hop on a plane and do the Adventures by Disney trip to London/Paris!!! I hope the dates will coincide. I also hope I will be able to handle being around my mother that long!!LOL:lmao: She will be joining DH, myself and our kids on our London/Paris trip along with my 16 year old sister. I just think it will take some of the pressure off of me to plan such a trip if we just let Disney do all the planning and we just have to show up!LOL What do you all think?

Wow! You've been a busy bee! Thats a lot of changes, but I'm glad your happy :goodvibes Everything sounds wonderful, esp the the London/Paris Adventures by Disney trip! Good luck! I hope everything turns out good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter