Nine Dragons - lunch 8/15

sistertrip

DIS Veteran
I really, really want to like Nine Dragons because I love their honey sesame chicken. Unfortunately though, everything else is just okay, if that.

We started with the appetizer sampler. I've had better egg/spring rolls (whichever they were) at the fast food Chinese places at home. The other two items weren't even memorable, but were very similar. Kind of dumpling things filled with some kind of meat stuffing.

General Tso's chicken was decent, but not any better than typical Chinese food. It did have a good serving size, though, even for lunch.

Steamed Fish in Five Spices was all right. Wasn't bad, but wasn't really good either.

Honey Sesame chicken is definitely my favorite dish there, but I'm not sure Nine Dragons is worth going to just for that. I've found that if I follow the directions exactly, I can make a pretty close reproduction using the recipe I have from one of the Disney cookbooks.

Dessert choices are very limited, basically a few flavors of ice cream. We tried the red bean and ginger flavors. I like Dairy Queen better.

In addition to the food just being okay, the service wasn't all that friendly and there was a bird sitting in a light fixture almost above us. They said that it comes in every day and stays all day - had me wondering if it ever "makes a mess." Kind of gross.

Basically, as much as I love the Honey Sesame Chicken, I think I'll just be making it at home from now on. Probably won't be back to Nine Dragons. Even though it's okay, there are just too many restaurants in WDW that really thrill me.

I agree about 9 dragons. I love chinese but I found that Lotus Blossom cafe next door does better chinese.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter