• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Nine Dragons

Hi Silvio! It´s nice to find fellow brazilian on DIS!

I tried Nine Dragons a couple of years ago, at that time it was okay, the food was average, but nothing special, not the best chinese food available, so on my upcoming trips I won´t be doing nine dragons again, I´ll save my sit down meal for other restaurants.

I was just going to post about this place. Many, many years ago we tried this place. The food was OK, but not nearly as good as my local Chinese restraurant. On our trip in October (last month) we decided to try it again and have to admit that it is back on our list of places to eat at. We met some friends for a late lunch and this seemed the perfect place to eat. They do a special for lunch, sort of a meal for 2 or a meal for 4. Includes soup and entrees. the server was a delight and very enthusiastic. He quickly informed us that we could CHANGE any of the entree selections for other selections on the menu. The soup was very good if not better than our local place and the entrees were equally as good. After we left, hubby and I decided that we will be putting 9 dragons back on our small list of must go places. We go to WDW more than 40 days a year divided between 4-6 trips and have quickly crossed off so many restraurants. We are only down to a hand full of must go places, so we were happy to put this one back on, unfortunately we crossed another off (but that's a different story). We also continue to stop by Coral Reef and check out the menu, but still have not visited there after crossing it off so many years ago. (It was good back in the early 90s.)

So, N2MM, how does the meal deal work? Does everyone choose their own entree from the list, or are several entrees served family style in bowls for each person to try?

We're an Asian family and we'll be in the World over Chinese New Year in 2005, so we have plans for Nine Dragons that day.

~L

We havent eaten there since our honeymoon in 1998. Back then, I thought the food was just ok. I was always told that the Chinese food we get here in America is not like the Chinese food you get in China. Apparently it has adapted over the years to our liking. Now I hear that the food at 9 dragons, is more like original Chinese food, so that is probably why I wasnt liking it as much. So, if your expecting food like you get at home ( oh wait, your from Brazil), then you may be let down.

Either way, it wasnt bad at all. I enjoyed my dinner. It looks like I'll have to try it again though. :sunny:

cuddlemama, everyone gets their own individual soup, then the entrees are brought out and placed in the middle of the table. This is actually how we eat our Chinese food elsewhere. So everyone at the table shares each entree. A big bowl of rice is brought out for sharing too.

Originally posted by n2mm
cuddlemama, everyone gets their own individual soup, then the entrees are brought out and placed in the middle of the table. This is actually how we eat our Chinese food elsewhere. So everyone at the table shares each entree. A big bowl of rice is brought out for sharing too.

Awesome! That's how we eat our Chinese food too...of course, it's usually at HOME!

We had lunch at 9 Dragons last year, but didn't have the samplers. We did love everything we tried that day, though, so I'm looking forward to the sampler meals.

Would you say that they give plenty of food to share? We're having 7 adults and 3 little ones (ages 4, 2, and 6 months) at our meal. Do you think if we ordered two of the 4 person samplers we'd have plenty. Is there enough food that my 4 and 2 year olds would be able to share what is considered "ONE" person.

Man, that's confusing. Basically what I'm asking is if we can feed 7 grownups and two kids on an 8 person meal.

~L

Yes I think that would work. We had the 4 person and had 4 adults and it was plenty. We actually had to encourage our husbands to finish up everything at the end.

add our family to the list of those who enjoyed 9 Dragons! ds is a huge chinese food fan, so he begged that we try it... everyone loved everything we ordered, and the red bean ice cream was quite the hit!

My DH and I never tried Nine Dragons because we figured it wouldn't be any different from our local take out place. After reading some positive reviews on this board, we decided to try it a few months ago and it was wonderful! The food was delicious, the atmosphere was nice, and the service was very polite. I can't wait to go back!

I'm so glad to see the good reviews! My dh constantly says "we've got to eat chinese at epcot" but I always said no because of poor reviews. I think I"m going to work this in as a lunch meal one day.

Nine Dragons has been receiving very good reviews recently, on this Board. I had never considered eating there before, mostly because the reviews have been poor, but Nine Dragons is on our list of must-do restaurants for our next WDW because it seems to have turned a corner for the good.

according to Deb´s site:

Nine Dragons Lunch Sampler for 2

Choice of:
Spicy Hot and Sour Soup, or, shanghai Won Ton Soup

Entrees:
Happy Family, Honey Sesame Chicken, Stir-Fry Seasonal Vegetables

Served with steamed rice and Fortune cookies

$29.99

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nine Dragons Lunch Sampler for 4

Choice of:
Spicy Hot and Sour Soup, or, shanghai Won Ton Soup

Entrees:
Happy Family, Cantonese sweet and sour pork, canton pepper beef,
stir-fried seasonal vegetables.

Served with Steamed rice and Fortune cookies

$59.99

http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/menu_9dl.htm

So each person (family of 4) gets their own soup and entree for $59.99? That's not to bad price wise but it sounds like a lot of food. We don't like to fill ourselves up too much for lunch so if a family wants to share a sampler for two and just order some extra soups, can you do this? We prefer to have our bigger meal at dinner but we don't want to make a PS for lunch and have a problem. Would we feel out of place doing this or should we order a la carte off the menu?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter