No clue where to stay

newfiegirl

Hello Mickey!
We have not been to Disney in several years (precovid) and my kids are 18 and 15. We want to do about four days at parks and seven days total off site without a rental car. Ideally, We would like water slides and a lazy river and transportation to parks. It’s not a deal breaker tho if it doesn’t have these three Without paying an extreme amount, what are some suggestions. We’ve only stayed on site when doing Disney so this will be new to us.

We have not been to Disney in several years (precovid) and my kids are 18 and 15. We want to do about four days at parks and seven days total off site without a rental car. Ideally, We would like water slides and a lazy river and transportation to parks. It’s not a deal breaker tho if it doesn’t have these three Without paying an extreme amount, what are some suggestions. We’ve only stayed on site when doing Disney so this will be new to us.
Define "extreme amount" first. You may be asking for a lot depending upon your budget.

Define "extreme amount" first. You may be asking for a lot depending upon your budget
I consider staying onsite an extreme amount, so less than that I guess. We stayed at moderate and i wouldn’t stay there again unless they brought back free dining.

The new Drury is a Disney Springs area hotel, offering some Disney perks (including the 30 minute early morning admission). Rooms start around $200 and includes a daily hot breakfast and an evening (5:30pm to 7:30pm) dinner offering. No waterpark but there is a pool. Also shuttles to Disney parks and walking distance to Disney Springs. There is a recent video on YouTube by All Ears that gives a detailed experience at the hotel. I honestly don't think you are going to find a hotel with all you want at less than a Disney value resort, which is in the $175 range. And no free dining anywhere on the horizon, closest is the current dining card offer. There are homes you can rent in the area with some of the amenities you want (Margaritaville), but you would need your own transportation.

Not sure about transportation to the parks, but the Marriott World Center would have the waterslides and lazy river you are looking for.

Not sure about transportation to the parks, but the Marriott World Center would have the waterslides and lazy river you are looking for.
It does have a shuttle, but it is not in the under $200 price range and also has a $42 per night resort fee. It is a nice resort, though!

The new Drury is a Disney Springs area hotel, offering some Disney perks (including the 30 minute early morning admission). Rooms start around $200 and includes a daily hot breakfast and an evening (5:30pm to 7:30pm) dinner offering. No waterpark but there is a pool. Also shuttles to Disney parks and walking distance to Disney Springs. There is a recent video on YouTube by All Ears that gives a detailed experience at the hotel. I honestly don't think you are going to find a hotel with all you want at less than a Disney value resort, which is in the $175 range. And no free dining anywhere on the horizon, closest is the current dining card offer. There are homes you can rent in the area with some of the amenities you want (Margaritaville), but you would need your own transportation.
Thanks. Definitely not interested in a house rental. We are doing that with a group the following week. The first week it will just be our teenagers and us.
I would pay $200-300 a night for a hotel with nice water park area and a free breakfast. I have only had the dining plan when staying in Disney so to pay out of pocket and stay onsite would really Jack the price up I am thinking. Really trying to avoid a car rental.

Do you want Universal Studios location also ?

WDW area has recently expanded their Western Way / Flamingo Villages Campus (college interns) which you might want to know about for your soon to be college age children…
The area has opened many new hotels including this Hilton HomewoodSuites with many amenities including a slide pool . Also walk across parking lot to many new restaurants and new Target .,Starbucks.
1EE08615-06C1-4380-8553-024735E73EE7.png

Don’t forget to check the AAA rate if you have membership for discount,
Also has a nice complimentary breakfast (?)… and the pool area has a very fun outside walk up bar kinda attached to the inside lobby area bar.

This would be more on the AK side of WDW … if you are visiting between March and November months you might want to consider the nearby H2O WaterPark near MargaritaVille Resort.
Currently offering a discount annual pass ($79) and has so much to enjoy for an extended visit… Adult pool with bar area , childrens water play area , lazy River and many water slides and one of those giant wave pools .

DAEEAB38-307F-4178-A55D-2207EA037876.png

But if you want something located halfway to Universal and WDW , let us know .

Last edited:
I like the Disney Springs area hotels.... perfect location, yet you can find deals or use loyalty points to lower the cost. They all have shuttles, the Springs you can walk to- Hilton Palace has a nice lazy river

Bonnet Creek Resort…on-site but not owned by Disney. Beautiful resort that is sooooo much cheaper than Disney resorts. Villas from 1-4 bedrooms. Check out the “awe love Bonnet Creek” thread.

We are here now and paid $480 total for a 4 night stay in a one bedroom villa. That includes everything…taxes, etc.

I'm always amazed that people spend that much for hotel rooms when full 2-BR villas can be had for the same price. Lots of room for the kids, lots of activities on the properties. Check out any of the big 3 chains for excellent properties near Disney (Marriott, Sheraton, Hilton). All can be had for under $1,000/wk as long as you aren't looking for prime holiday weeks. They generally have hotel type nights available as well so you can 'top up' a week to stay longer (but the nightly rates are generally over $200). Still pretty easy to put together a package at under $200 per night.
Guessing you are Canadian based on the handle, but I have seen reports here that some of these properties are available through Costco travel as hotel stays as well in the US; in Canada Costco I've only seen them as packages with air.
Places to look for rentals include Skyauction (but be aware that the auctions are a base with an added fee if the week is more popular - still a great deal) Redweek or rent direct from an owner at Timeshare User Group (TUG).
ETA: just took a look at skyauction for Orlando and there are lots of villas available in the $500-$700 range. That's per week. Just read the fine print on every auction carefully. Note that many/(most?) of the listings there are weeks that owners have exchanged in a program that are unused.

I consider staying onsite an extreme amount, so less than that I guess. We stayed at moderate and i wouldn’t stay there again unless they brought back free dining.
Thanks. Definitely not interested in a house rental. We are doing that with a group the following week. The first week it will just be our teenagers and us.
I would pay $200-300 a night for a hotel with nice water park area and a free breakfast. I have only had the dining plan when staying in Disney so to pay out of pocket and stay onsite would really Jack the price up I am thinking. Really trying to avoid a car rental.
I'm not seeing a date timeframe as that could drastically alter prices, on and offsite - and change ideas.

I have LOTS of Onsite and Offsite stays in hotel rooms, suites and timeshare condos and the one thing I am firm on is without a car I will not stay offsite. Most locations offer minimal shuttle services, some need reservations, some need fees, some don't get you there early or pick up at close. But then I am not comfortable with rideshare. If you are then offsite can offer lots of options. My kids do rideshare so they have stayed at places close and far to the parks.

Disney Springs hotels will give you a decent reliable bus system and easy walk to Disney Springs for your off days but none will offer a pool that teenagers would like. Buena Vista Palace has a lazy river and that would be your nicest pool but the rest are either bland or built for young children. With you having off days at the pool I could not suggest Disney Springs.

MOST hotel or resort pool slides are quite boring for anyone over 12 years old even Disney. At your boys' ages I would be looking for a hotel that the room met my needs, had doable transportation, was under budget so that I could add the water park option to my ticket. We'd then be spending a couple days at the water park. Our family loves relaxing the day at the water parks, especially once the kids were teens. So much better than hanging at a hotel pool.

Going just with waterpark hotels look at Marriott World Center and Marriott Gaylord Palms AND check out the options at Margaritaville and the Island H2O Water Park.

Last edited:
I guess that is why I mentioned the Homewood Suites with pool slide .
Fun on check in but with extended stay and the incredible fun H2O Water Theme Park very nearby Connected to the Sunset Walk ( lots of restaurants and weekend concerts and events MargaritaVille Resort …and lots of places to lounge around this resort and lots of places to walk to with all the new businesses opening in Flamingo Western Way Disney property…
I live here and drove past H2O the first summer it opened , every tripto Target …from road it does not look like much … but once inside so much great design for family fun. I joined 2 nd summer and renew every year. This resort uses fluorescent lighting to filter water so not as much chlorine to irritate my skin . I exercise in lazy River every day ! How can you go wrong with a yearly pass for $79? Plus in summer Friday night dive i movies in ocean wave pool .

I have stayed at the Disney Springs Hiltons and enjoyed them but last visit , not so much…
But I truly love the new Hilton designed Signia Resort at Bonnet Creek .
It was very reasonable before they became Signia Brand … now my free night awards never show availability .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter