• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

No DL Resort hotels available

macs4us

<font color=blue>Bring on the hefeweizen, it's get
I have been checking off and on for several months and there is no availability at Paradise Pier, the GC or DLH July 15 - 17. Do you think it is all booked up, or do they have rooms blocked off for packages to a possible "hard ticket" event? :confused3

This is so hyped up. The actual birthday is 7/17, and I think a lot of people are afraid that they won't get in unless they're staying there, or they just want to immerse themselves in the magic, so those hotels have been booked up for awhile. The rooms become available as deposit due dates pass and $ is not paid. I also imagine that around 30 days before some rooms will become available, though not many.

Personally, I do not anticipate a hard ticket event. There are a lot of people coming in from out-of-town, and it doesn't make sense that Disneyland wouldn't let them know up front that they'd have to pay additional to get in the park, or that 17 July admission would have been a part of these packages some time ago.

I really wanted to stay on property because my niece never has, and thought this would be a great time to do so. We have only stayed off property a few times and we rather walk than take a shuttle (and, of course, the "Disney Magic" factor). We would just drive, but I hate fighting traffic from Fallbrook to North OC during the week - not the best way to start a fun-filled day at DL!!! :sad2:

The reason I am still wondering about some sort of hard ticket event is because of what is on the Disney Gallery website regarding the 50th. Hope they post more information soon!!!

It's my understanding the PP has been booked for the media; GC has been booked for celebrities; so the only hotel that was really available at the start was DLH. We booked DLH on the first day it became available!

I'm one of those freaks who started calling for the GC LAST January. :rotfl2: They told me to call back in June or July. Of course I didn't listen - I called every week until early April when they finally opened it up for reservations. We got in, and I went down the next night and paid in full. They all thought I was nuts (the CM's at both the reservation desk and the front desk at the hotel) - I had to remind them that it was the 50th and we wanted to be there for it. By June most of the rooms were gone, except for the comma suites (our term for rooms with a comma in the single-night price).

I can hardly wait!!! :cool1:

I would not count on being able to stay onsite. Heck many of the offsite hotels are booked during that time too. Those of us who have been planning to be there during this time book as soon as possible. I booked the end of July for our out offsite hotel.

If there is a hard ticket event it will only be for "after hours" meaning the park will be opened during normal hours (8am-12mid) but you would have to pay for anything after that time (between 12mid - 8am).

I did try to book last June, and I was told there was nothing available yet, that it was too far ahead (guess CM I talked to didn't know the scoop). I was told that they had not opened up all rooms for reservations yet and to call in July, but when I called back a few weeks later, no go. It's really not that big of a deal to drive if we leave early enough (or late in the evening if it's an afterhours event), as without too much traffic we are just over an hour away. Just would have been fun to stay onsite. We can just keep checking to see if anyone cancels. Hope you guys who have rooms have a blast!!! :banana:

I just checked on Orbitz travel site for your times and there are tons of hotels available for your travel time, including The best western Park place Inn which is right across the street from the main entrance and from what I understand, a closer walk than Paradise Pier or Disneyland Hotel. You'll find something don't worry.

My boyfriend worked hard to get ressies at the DL hotel for that weekend. No surprise that the resort hotels are completely booked up. However, with the reservation confirmation is an interesting note that says resort guests are NOT guaranteed entry on the 17th!!! So, staying at the DL resort hotels for the actual 50th is not necessarily an advantage over staying offsite.

I may just go ahead and book a room offsite that I can cancel if something becomes available onsite or we decide to just drive up. My niece would dig getting her own Mickey soaps though, instead of getting them from our trips!!! :earboy2:

I know alot of offsites are going up in price now too. I booked 2 suites at Park Inn in Oct and my friend who just recently book herself a Park Inn room is paying the same price I am for a standard room vs my 3 queen + sofabed suite! :confused3

Prices are usually based on occupancy. Meaning the less room they have availalbe the higher those rooms are.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter