No Dreams Here

Flametamr

<font color=red>I never thought about doing any ot
I'm sad to report that we did not recieve even one dream our whole week at Disney. We were a family of 3 adults and one teen. In fact only my sister saw a Dream Squad member standing by city hall once. I was very dissapointed to see hundreds of people wearing fast passes and such. But we never got picked for anything. I had built my family up in hopes of getting something.

I don't understand why Disney would come up with a plan to spend so much money to only make a certain people feel special. And exclude others making them feel left out. It's not like a fast pass actually cost anything. Then to top it off the one day we saw the parade and the Castle winner family it was announced they were from Celebration Florida. I thought only Disney employees lived there. That really made my week.

Thanks for nothing Disney

Hmmm.....you bring up an interesting point. I am a local and have never won anything despite going to the parks very often. I see many winners, and even had winners pick in the car before me three times in one day at AK. I didn't think much about it. But when you put it in terms of some people being picked out to be special, it reminds me of Walt always saying that he wanted everyone to be "equal" at Disney...that everyone is a VIP. This promotion doesn't seem to fit into that philosophy.

My DD's and I went to WDW for spring break in April. We saw lots of people with the dream FP's, but weren't picked for anything. We had a great time though. I guess I just figure that with all the guests there everyday, the odds of being picked at still pretty slim. We're leaving this Friday going back with the whole famdamily and we still don't expect to by picked for anything. I expect we'll have a great time anyway.

You do bring up an interesting thought though inkkognito. This isn't my favorite promotion. Even though I have a wonderful time on every trip, when I come back and read about all the great things so many other people got, I can't help feeling just a little bit like I missed out on something really wonderful. I'll certainly keep going and I expect I'll continue to have a great time on every trip, but I won't be sorry when this promotion ends.

You set yourself up for failure. If you go to WDW thinking you'll win something, and you don't and you get terribly dissapointed, then it's nobody's fault but your own.

You're just sore because you didn't win anything. I'm sure if you won some free ears you'd come back here with a different attitude.

Side note :: Celebration isn't a CM city.

Yes you are correct I would have been happy if my DD had won just some little something. But I will return to Disney next year regardless as it is her choice where she goes on vacation.

I was mistaken about Celebration. I misunderstood what I read years ago when Disney built the city. I thought residents were limited to to Disney people. It also turns out that the elderly couple that won that day invitied their neighbors with kids to stay in the Castle with them. That made me feel much better. My mistake sorry.

You set yourself up for failure. If you go to WDW thinking you'll win something, and you don't and you get terribly dissapointed, then it's nobody's fault but your own.

You're just sore because you didn't win anything. I'm sure if you won some free ears you'd come back here with a different attitude.

Side note :: Celebration isn't a CM city.

+1 :thumbsup2

If you set your expectations so high on a pedestal, expect to fall just as far down.

Yes you are correct I would have been happy if my DD had won just some little something. But I will return to Disney next year regardless as it is her choice where she goes on vacation.

I was mistaken about Celebration. I misunderstood what I read years ago when Disney built the city. I thought residents were limited to to Disney people. It also turns out that the elderly couple that won that day invitied their neighbors with kids to stay in the Castle with them. That made me feel much better. My mistake sorry.
Disney isn't just for kids. Who cares if it was JUST the elderly couple that stayed in the castle. It would've been magical regardless.

I don't understand how you could get angry/annoyed over something like that.

The castle stay is not chosen by who they think would enjoy it most. It is pre-determined. Like, the number 3 car of Expedition Everest at 10:22 am. If nobody is on the ride at that time, or the person who wins is ineligible because they are a cast member, then NOBODY wins. The big prizes are computer generated and completely random.

You may not have won anything but at least you were in WDW.

I was contacted by a Disney cast member looking for "20 special families" on my recent trip there, but because my boyfriend and I "aren't a family" we were turned down and didn't get to be in the parade. I almost cried right there on Main Street. It ruined my whole day in the Magic Kingdom. When you've been through some of the stuff I have you forget that you can dream and that you can make wishes, I thought for once that I was going to get to be special and do something cool, but no, I was wrong, guess I've got to go adopt some of those baby brats running around Disney to have my wishes fulfilled.

I was contacted by a Disney cast member looking for "20 special families" on my recent trip there, but because my boyfriend and I "aren't a family" we were turned down and didn't get to be in the parade. I almost cried right there on Main Street. It ruined my whole day in the Magic Kingdom. When you've been through some of the stuff I have you forget that you can dream and that you can make wishes, I thought for once that I was going to get to be special and do something cool, but no, I was wrong, guess I've got to go adopt some of those baby brats running around Disney to have my wishes fulfilled.

Wow. Brats?

With that kind of attitude, I'm personally glad you weren't chosen. If kids bother you so much that you have to call them baby brats, perhaps you should rethink your vacation destination. DH & I have already experienced one adoption loss of a so called "baby brat" so thanks for wording this with adoption in such a "kind" way. And by the way, you're not the only person in this world who has gone through a lot of stuff. You have NO idea the kind of trials my DH & I have experienced...and yet we aren't sitting here complaining about how awful Disney is because we didn't get a "wish" granted. We feel very blessed just to be at Disney and feel very fortunate to have that as our place to escape the real world and rejuvenate as a couple...regardless of what promotion is going on. I don't use our trials as some sort of justification to me "deserving" a dream granted. For all I know, the people who DID get the dreams had much worse situations than we have gone through and are much more deserving than us.

And I guess being in Disney isn't doing anything special or cool, but what do I know.

Way to spread the magic there....

Sorry I called them brats, when I wrote this I was still hot under the collar about what happened. To me that just reinforced the notion that to be someone you have to have kids and it really bothers me because I'm never having any, I don't have any desire to and so I will spend the rest of my life a second class citzen because of that choice, which is wrong.

I am entitled to my own opinion though and I do get annoyed when I go to eat in the dining hall and it's trashed in the morning with food thrown everywhere because the kids or the parents couldn't be bothered to clean up their space after they've used it. Common courtesy things that don't seem to be extended these days.

Thanks for nothing Disney

really?

You didn't have a magical vacation?

You didn't get what you paid for?

I just can't understand *WHY* anyone would be upset at Disney for not giving them something for FREE during a RANDOM promotional period? What makes YOU or YOUR family so much more DESERVING of this RANDOM ACT than any of the thousand OTHER families who also paid for their park admission that day??? (note: that's a TRICK QUESTION--no one is DESERVING of this RANDOM Gift-Giving that occurs in YOAMD--hence the RANDOM nature of it!!!!!!)

I'm constantly surprised at the incredible sense of *entitlement* that is so prevalent these days... :sad2:

You know,if I was asked to be in the parade and then have that taken away from me because I wasn't Disney's idea of a family,I would be mad too!! I feel bad for you,honugirl.

Sorry I called them brats, when I wrote this I was still hot under the collar about what happened. To me that just reinforced the notion that to be someone you have to have kids and it really bothers me because I'm never having any, I don't have any desire to and so I will spend the rest of my life a second class citzen because of that choice, which is wrong.

I am entitled to my own opinion though and I do get annoyed when I go to eat in the dining hall and it's trashed in the morning with food thrown everywhere because the kids or the parents couldn't be bothered to clean up their space after they've used it. Common courtesy things that don't seem to be extended these days.
Sure you can have your own opinion (though in my opinion, just as you wish the CM had more tact, you might try expressing your opinions with more tact as well), but don't think for a second that it's only the parents and children who don't have common courtesy...I saw plenty of childless couples at the parks who seemed to have lacked a ton of it as well. While I DO want children, I understand the feeling of being a "second class citizen" because I don't have any (the whole "Disney Moms" panel is a great example, even though it's eligibility is open to pretty much anyone). But at the same time, when I am in a vacation destination that I very clearly know that largely caters to families with children (particularly younger children), then I have to realize there are going to be cases where they are looking for specifically for that. Sure it stinks you couldn't be in the parade. There are things I'd love to do in Disney as well. But don't let these moments define your day or your trip...instead, take the opportunity to show Disney how much fun a childless couple can really have!

really?

You didn't have a magical vacation?

You didn't get what you paid for?

I just can't understand *WHY* anyone would be upset at Disney for not giving them something for FREE during a RANDOM promotional period? What makes YOU or YOUR family so much more DESERVING of this RANDOM ACT than any of the thousand OTHER families who also paid for their park admission that day??? (note: that's a TRICK QUESTION--no one is DESERVING of this RANDOM Gift-Giving that occurs in YOAMD--hence the RANDOM nature of it!!!!!!)

I'm constantly surprised at the incredible sense of *entitlement* that is so prevalent these days... :sad2:

AMEN!!! :cool1: :thumbsup2

catalexander said:
I just can't understand *WHY* anyone would be upset at Disney for not giving them something for FREE during a RANDOM promotional period?
I think people are forgetting that the Year of a Million Dreams Sweepstakes is just that - a completely random contest operated by an independent company, and in obeyance of all applicable laws.

If everybody wins something then what Disney is handing out would not be considered prizes.

Secondly, if you want to increase your chances of winning a prize make sure you are in the parks between 9:00AM and 12 Noon each day. Get on as many attractions as you can during that time period That is when the majority of the prizes are handed out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter