• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-board to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

No Dreams, No Magic

huskies90

DIS Veteran
We were not rewarded any dreams in fact, in 6 days I saw maybe 6 or 7 dream fastpasses around people's necks, 3 or 4 ears and exactly 2 dream cast members, one walking into town hall and the other talking to other cast members by Everest. We received much more magic on previous trips including being asked to be in the parade at Animal Kingdom and just dealing with friendly happy cast members going out of there way to make your vaction better. I think it is ironic that on this trip I didn't even see that. The disney magic was very flat for us. Maybe Disney was too busy granting dreams for everyone else, they felt they didn't need to take care of us.

For example, after deciding to forgo fastpasses for Kali River rapids, we instead joined the posted 5 minute standby line only to get to the front of the line 45 minutes later just as the ride closed for technical difficulties. Now, I know, Disney can't control the posted wait times or the rides going down, but I was shocked that they didn't give out fastpasses to everyone who waiting in the line. That has always been the case when attractions go down (especially Test Track). We did not make a stink but there were some pretty tricked off people. In my opinion, the Cast Members did a terrible job handling the irate customers only saying there is nothing they could do. There is always SOMETHING that can be done and sometimes you gotta throw a bone. The fastpass thing would be an easy fix, I mean isn't that the point of fastpass, to hold your place in line??

Anyway, we of course had a great time at Disney, but we experienced a heck of lot more "magic" during the second part of our trip which was three nights at Royal Pacific at Universal. It was our first trip to Universal and I hate to say it, but we had a better time there. I guess the Universal Team Members don't need a stupid promotion to provide great experiences for their guests...

oh my....

sorry that you feel that way...really I am....I get upset once in awhile when I think that I've been there a couple times and had no extra wishes. I think everyone who doens't feels a tad bit like that. It is disappointing. But I guess you have to also think of all the people who don't get extra wishes...and there are A LOT. I think they should of given you a fast pass for somewhere else when they closed the ride. Maybe next time you'll have a better time. :thumbsup2

We were not rewarded any dreams in fact, in 6 days I saw maybe 6 or 7 dream fastpasses around people's necks, 3 or 4 ears and exactly 2 dream cast members, one walking into town hall and the other talking to other cast members by Everest. We received much more magic on previous trips including being asked to be in the parade at Animal Kingdom and just dealing with friendly happy cast members going out of there way to make your vaction better. I think it is ironic that on this trip I didn't even see that. The disney magic was very flat for us. Maybe Disney was too busy granting dreams for everyone else, they felt they didn't need to take care of us.

For example, after deciding to forgo fastpasses for Kali River rapids, we instead joined the posted 5 minute standby line only to get to the front of the line 45 minutes later just as the ride closed for technical difficulties. Now, I know, Disney can't control the posted wait times or the rides going down, but I was shocked that they didn't give out fastpasses to everyone who waiting in the line. That has always been the case when attractions go down (especially Test Track). We did not make a stink but there were some pretty tricked off people. In my opinion, the Cast Members did a terrible job handling the irate customers only saying there is nothing they could do. There is always SOMETHING that can be done and sometimes you gotta throw a bone. The fastpass thing would be an easy fix, I mean isn't that the point of fastpass, to hold your place in line??

Anyway, we of course had a great time at Disney, but we experienced a heck of lot more "magic" during the second part of our trip which was three nights at Royal Pacific at Universal. It was our first trip to Universal and I hate to say it, but we had a better time there. I guess the Universal Team Members don't need a stupid promotion to provide great experiences for their guests...

Ouch, this Cast Member who goes out of her way to make magic everyday is taking that personally. Sorry you didn't win any dreams

Let me clarify a few things. First I am not disappointed (or care) that we receved no dreams/wishes or whatever, I am only stating a fact about what I observed. Second, to the cast member who makes magic everyday, I am glad you do that but again, I am only stating facts about what I observed (obviously we didn't run into you while there). The FACT is that the magic we experienced in previous trips just wasn't there this trip. Was it because of the promotion? Coincidence? I don't know. I don't go to Disney EXPECTING anything and as I stated, we still had a great time going about our business and enjoying attractions. Read my post in the Universal forum, I was so pleasantly surprised there and felt more "magic" - team members going out of there way to make our stay special.

Take whatever you want from my post. These are just facts that I witnessed.

Let me clarify a few things. First I am not disappointed (or care) that we receved no dreams/wishes or whatever, I am only stating a fact about what I observed. Second, to the cast member who makes magic everyday, I am glad you do that but again, I am only stating facts about what I observed (obviously we didn't run into you while there). The FACT is that the magic we experienced in previous trips just wasn't there this trip. Was it because of the promotion? Coincidence? I don't know. I don't go to Disney EXPECTING anything and as I stated, we still had a great time going about our business and enjoying attractions. Read my post in the Universal forum, I was so pleasantly surprised there and felt more "magic" - team members going out of there way to make our stay special.

Take whatever you want from my post. These are just facts that I witnessed.

Actually, those aren't facts at all. Not to be a nitpicker, but experiencing magic isn't exactly measurable.

This year of a million dreams whining is really getting out of control.

Actually, those aren't facts at all. Not to be a nitpicker, but experiencing magic isn't exactly measurable.

Ummmm...Hate to spoil your nitpicking but yes, it IS measurable. It is called customer perspective. I work in a service industry and we measure our service or "magic" every day (in fact we happen to call it MAGIC - Make A Great Impresssion on your Customer)

This year of a million dreams whining is really getting out of control.

I am not a 3-4 times a year visitor. I go to Disney once every two years. I am not whining just stating what I perceived. I clearly stated and I'll do it again: I did not care about winning/receiving anything and like I said, I barely saw any dreams or evidnece of dreams so I had nothing even to whine about. But in my observations, the service (Or "magic") was not the same this time. I mean, the guy checking us into the resort didn't even smile during the entire check in. Sorry, my friend, but that is a clear FACT!!

Maybe Disney was too busy granting dreams for everyone else, they felt they didn't need to take care of us.

This isn't whiny?

Anyway, we of course had a great time at Disney, but we experienced a heck of lot more "magic" during the second part of our trip which was three nights at Royal Pacific at Universal.

:charac2:

I am not whining just stating what I perceived.

Okay, if the above isn't whining I don't know what is. :sad2: I don't know how you can "measure" something that's not guarenteed, but an added bonus to being there. What's wrong with being content with being at Disney World in the first place? That isn't magic enough?

I have not yet been during the Million Dream promotion. We only go every four years. I know I will have a magical time whether I get a dream or not. Maybe you should consider spending your next trip at Universal if there was so much more magic there. I am not being sarcastic either, everyone enjoys different things. I would not take the time to even go to Universal while I am at Disney, but I never had a non magical vacation, so maybe some day that will change.

It never ceases to amaze me how people on this board can think Disney can do no wrong and it is sacreligious to criticize.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskies90
Maybe Disney was too busy granting dreams for everyone else, they felt they didn't need to take care of us.

This isn't whiny??

No it's not. What I am saying here is forget about the stupid promotion. If I recevied no dreams I could care less. I am not whiney about that. But promotion aside, should the service level be at least the same or do they think their customers are dumb enough to hear a promotion slogan and not notice a drop in service?

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskies90
Anyway, we of course had a great time at Disney, but we experienced a heck of lot more "magic" during the second part of our trip which was three nights at Royal Pacific at Universal.

Okay, if the above isn't whining I don't know what is. :sad2: I don't know how you can "measure" something that's not guarenteed, but an added bonus to being there. What's wrong with being content with being at Disney World in the first place? That isn't magic enough?
Does it NOT say we had a great time???? Yes we had a great time. This an observation about customer service or "magic" or whatever you want to call it. I already stated how service can be measured so I am not sure why you are saying you can't but whatever. If the dream promotion was simply an added bonus, I would not have been compelled to start this thread. Isn't the "magic" why we travel so far to go to Disney?

Maybe you should consider spending your next trip at Universal if there was so much more magic there. I am not being sarcastic either, everyone enjoys different things. I would not take the time to even go to Universal while I am at Disney, but I never had a non magical vacation, so maybe some day that will change.
Yes, I am already considerting this. I love Disney and doubt I'll skip it but maybe I will next time. The Universal part of our trip was more magical, God forbid, in my opinion. Or is that too much whining to say that??
:confused3

If the dream promotion was simply an added bonus, I would not have been compelled to start this thread. Isn't the "magic" why we travel so far to go to Disney?

You made a comparison in your OP about how there was more "magic" in your last vacation, therefore, this vacation was "flat". Being asked to be in the parade, or anything else as a part of the YOMD contest is a bonus, not guarenteed when your book your vacation. I think most people consider it one of those "once in a lifetime" things so they aren't disappointed when it doesn't happen the next time.

and just dealing with friendly happy cast members going out of there way to make your vaction better.

That's the key here. Going out of their way. Going ABOVE AND BEYOND is unexpected, and when it happens, you should be happy. Don't be disappointed when it doesn't happen. `

Nice try on the back-peddling. :rolleyes1

Going ABOVE AND BEYOND is unexpected,
I guess here is where we disagree and I am willing to bet the Disney Execs would also disagree. If you are satisfied with mediocre service keep your blinders on and and keep marching forward. I ain't backpeddlng on anything.

;)

If the dream promotion was simply an added bonus

Okay, now I'm confused here :confused3 I thought that the 'dream promotion' WAS an added bonus, not something I should necessarily expect when I'm at Disney. I'm talking about the promo dreams such as the dream fastpasses, YOAMD ears and so on. Maybe you were so busy looking for these things (whether for yourself or others) that you forgot to see that just being at Disney is pretty darn special! :)

the service (Or "magic") was not the same this time. I mean, the guy checking us into the resort didn't even smile during the entire check in.

Don't forget though ~ even CMs can have a bad day (hour, 10 minute period .....) once in a while!! I've heard enough stories from my DD (a part-time CM) to know that when I've encountered a CM who doesn't have the Disney magic at that moment it's most probably a direct result of yet another unpleasant guest 'in their face' about something!! It may take them just a little time to get back into the "Disney mode". No, not an excuse for a CM not smiling at you, but just a fact that anyone dealing with the public on a regular basis should certainly understand.

It never ceases to amaze me how people on this board can think Disney can do no wrong and it is sacreligious to criticize.

I guess here is where we disagree and I am willing to bet the Disney Execs would also disagree. If you are satisfied with mediocre service keep your blinders on and and keep marching forward. I ain't backpeddlng on anything.

You keep contradicting yourself. If anyone has an idealistic view of Disney it's you. Disney can be wrong at times yet you still chalk it up to overall mediocre service? Could it just be that the CMs are human and they could have an off day? Unless you're trying to infer that it was ALL the CMs you encountered on your trip.

Again, you're referring to the vacation being "flat" not because of the one CM who perhaps didn't smile at you (heaven forbid :sad2:), but because you weren't offered Fastpasses, Mickey Ears, or a spot held for you in the parade. It's just disappointing to see this sense of entitlement. Disney is magic in itself.

We were not rewarded any dreams in fact, in 6 days I saw maybe 6 or 7 dream fastpasses around people's necks, 3 or 4 ears and exactly 2 dream cast members, one walking into town hall and the other talking to other cast members by Everest. We received much more magic on previous trips including being asked to be in the parade at Animal Kingdom and just dealing with friendly happy cast members going out of there way to make your vaction better. I think it is ironic that on this trip I didn't even see that. The disney magic was very flat for us. Maybe Disney was too busy granting dreams for everyone else, they felt they didn't need to take care of us...

:sad2:

Well, when we go to Disney in September I want to get the night in Cinderella's castle and I want Dream Fastpasses every day and YOAD ears and I want EVERY Cast Member I see to come and say hello and smile at me or I will stamp my feet and cry. I will!!

Alright, I give up. It is obviously not possible for me to experience a decline in service and Disney magic year over year. Not possible. I must be some whining spoiled brat who didn’t WIN anything. I'll just drink my Disney Kool Aid and continue to repeat over and over: "Everything at Disney is awesome, I can't wait to go back."

Do not ever challenge the magic of Disney hence be pummeled by the disboard Disney disciples. :duck:

:rotfl:

I work in a service industry and we measure our service or "magic" every day (in fact we happen to call it MAGIC - Make A Great Impresssion on your Customer)

It is obviously not possible for me to experience a decline in service and Disney magic year over year.

If there's a steady decline in Disney's "magic", then why do you continue to patronize them with your business? :confused3

In your service industry, if your "magic" is mediocre, do you expect to keep customers? Or perhaps it's not mediocre at all, maybe it's just satisfactory service which is why you keep returning to Disney.

I highly doubt any halfway intelligent person would visit a place every two years if they felt the "magic" was less than satisfactory. :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter