No fastpass grace period anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeast

DIS Veteran
*fastpass. No coffee yet.

Is it true that fast passes don't have a grace period at the end anymore? I thought they were good for 15 minutes past their time, but I'm being told it is not the case.

*fastpass. No coffee yet.

Is it true that fast passes don't have a grace period at the end anymore? I thought they were good for 15 minutes past their time, but I'm being told it is not the case.

The grace period is still in effect. Where are you hearing otherwise?

I was asking on the restaurant and transportation board if I could make a 6:15-7:15 POTC FP after the 4:00 Hoop dee doo show. My hope was that if I gave myself an hour (ends at 6) for the boat, I could be at the gates at 7 and make it. I also mentioned that I had the grace period to give me a little breathing room, but two separate posters said there wasn't one. Since I haven't been to WDW in 7 years, I thought maybe things had changed with fastpass+.

I'm glad to hear it is still alive and well. :yay: I would have to change my whole lineup that night to get a later one.

It's not official. So you can't ask about it. No one will confirm it, or shouldn't.
But it's built in to the FP computer system.
When you scan your MB, 5 min before and 15 min after, Mickey will scan green. It's something that happens automatically.

We try very hard to be on time, but we did have to utilize the grace period once or twice last week. Like AngiTN said, Mickey still lights up green during the 15 minutes after the official end of your FP window. The CMs never commented or questioned us about it.

Depending on whom you ask, it is very likely that the person simply does not KNOW anything about it.

Look at how much CM misinformation is offered about transportation.
True. But I suspect even those that do know aren't supposed to confirm the unpublished grace period.

You weren’t actually told there’s no grace period on the Dining forum. That poster even said that they didn’t say that.

And on the transportation forum you’re saying you’ll “arrive” at 7:30. That’s a rough one to respond to, because if you’re zooming across property, what does “arrive” mean? If someone says “yes it’s ok to arrive at 7:30” thinking you mean “be at the touchpoint” and you mean “get in line”, then you will be upset. And saying you’ll arrive AT the 15 minute mark (which is, of course, 1 hour 15 minutes past the start of your window) means you have absolutely zero leeway. And if your watch is 30 seconds odd deom disneyla clock, oh well.

Anyway, imo you haven’t been told there’s no window. You’re being told of experience and that to “arrive” at 15 minutes after isn’t a great plan.

Also, it is possible a CM could wave you on 18 minutes after, etc, if you plead your case well. Say there was a big issue that slowed you down at dinner, you can show your receipt and they would most likely let you pass.

Depending on whom you ask, it is very likely that the person simply does not KNOW anything about it.

Look at how much CM misinformation is offered about transportation.

I wonder if it is CM misinformation or CM ignorance?

You weren’t actually told there’s no grace period on the Dining forum. That poster even said that they didn’t say that.

And on the transportation forum you’re saying you’ll “arrive” at 7:30. That’s a rough one to respond to, because if you’re zooming across property, what does “arrive” mean? If someone says “yes it’s ok to arrive at 7:30” thinking you mean “be at the touchpoint” and you mean “get in line”, then you will be upset. And saying you’ll arrive AT the 15 minute mark (which is, of course, 1 hour 15 minutes past the start of your window) means you have absolutely zero leeway. And if your watch is 30 seconds odd deom disneyla clock, oh well.

Anyway, imo you haven’t been told there’s no window. You’re being told of experience and that to “arrive” at 15 minutes after isn’t a great plan.

I meant that as long as I was at the touchpoint by 7:30, I should be okay. I'm sorry if that was not clear.

I had a cast member straight up tell me about the grace period last week.. I also saw quite a few people being let in even though they were way too early or late.. even at FOP I saw them letting in people who were not lighting up green.

If it were Flights of Passage that people were crazy about, then the CM might stick to the 1 hour. But, honestly... for POTC you should be fine.
I actually think you'd make it on time anyway. ;)

I wonder if it is CM misinformation or CM ignorance?

If you mean "disinformation" (as in making sure to intentionally mislead) then, I doubt that.

I consider "CM misinformation" and "CM ignorance" to be two branches of the same tree.

My son used the 15 minute grace period last night. And I think he was scooting in at the last possible minute.

If you mean "disinformation" (as in making sure to intentionally mislead) then, I doubt that.

I consider "CM misinformation" and "CM ignorance" to be two branches of the same tree.

LOL, no I meant misinformation. Misinformation means incorrect information (without intent.) Ignorance means a complete lack of information. Those are not the same and neither is synonymous with disinformation (which your definition nailed.)

To the best of my knowledge, the grace period is still definitely in place. We did run into something similar with a CM once where they insisted against it, so I think it's just a case of not everyone knowing the policies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter