No more kids club reservations?

What time does the kids club open?!? haha! Any reports on if they are serving food now? We have a Remy dinner and would love to not worry about feeding them prior. TIA!!! Love this forum...
I would assume they are not serving food since the under 5s have to stay masked

Yes we are pretty much back to normal. Come and play anytime!

Thanks for the update - my son is super excited!

I thought I read certain activities weren’t available during the reduced capacity - like dress up, or other high-touch-not-easy-to-clean activities. Are those open yet?

This would be awesome! My app still says this though; we cruise on Easter weekend. Hopefully it will be updated?? A06C20B6-E035-4524-9388-7EA32C3C4D78.jpeg

I'm curious when this is supposed to go into effect. Our 3/30 cruise still shows the reservations I've already made, and still allows me to book new reservations on other days.
Same for mid-April. Hmmmm. Assume DCL wants to keep reservation request system in place until more known. Would be a nightmare to cancel now and reinstate booking closer to embark date if the “testing”no reservation policy not successful.

Same for mid-April. Hmmmm. Assume DCL wants to keep reservation request system in place until more known. Would be a nightmare to cancel now and reinstate booking closer to embark date if the “testing”no reservation policy not successful.
I’m wondering this too but sounds like people on the Dream are having it go into effect now? Curious to hear more from people traveling in next week or two!

I’m wondering this too but sounds like people on the Dream are having it go into effect now? Curious to hear more from people traveling in next week or two!
I think this is just a case of Disney’s IT not catching up to the reality. Like how when cruises first started and certain port adventures were not happening they were shown as “sold out” rather than “not available.” They’ve been so busy with the fallout from the “payment due” glitches this week they probably are waiting before taking the kids club reservations offline.

That said, I did cave and prebook some kids club time slots just in case.

I’m hoping this is wrong, but someone reported on YouTube that the 5 and under crowd can only access Andy’s room. Any reports of this? I so hope it’s not true. I have a Marvel loving 4 year old.

We are just finishing the 3 night on the Dream. No reservations or restrictions for fully vaccinated kids. Kids who are not yet old enough to be vaccinated must make reservations to play in groups if 15, be masked, and only play in Andy’s Room. Those reservations end at 10:30 at which time Andy’s Room is available for the older kids to play in.

We are just finishing the 3 night on the Dream. No reservations or restrictions for fully vaccinated kids. Kids who are not yet old enough to be vaccinated must make reservations to play in groups if 15, be masked, and only play in Andy’s Room. Those reservations end at 10:30 at which time Andy’s Room is available for the older kids to play in.
This is probably the worst news I’ve heard since all the restrictions hit. I have a 7 year old and a 4 year old and now they can’t play together. Our cruise is in 1 month. I really hope this changes.

This is probably the worst news I’ve heard since all the restrictions hit. I have a 7 year old and a 4 year old and now they can’t play together. Our cruise is in 1 month. I really hope this changes.
Unfortunately it seems this is how it will stay until further notice. Originally, 3-4 year olds were going to be allowed in but it was deemed to be safer and more manageable this way if any of them tested positive.

I hope it changes for you also, and a month in covid time is like years in real world so there are chances it could change. This rule wasn't really thought out well and is ruining guests experiences even more than the last rule. Honestly if they believe masks work so well they should just required them in the kids club period like Royal Caribbean is doing ( since royal doesn't mandate vaccine for under12).

I hope it changes for you also, and a month in covid time is like years in real world so there are chances it could change. This rule wasn't really thought out well and is ruining guests experiences even more than the last rule. Honestly if they believe masks work so well they should just required them in the kids club period like Royal Caribbean is doing ( since royal doesn't mandate vaccine for under12).

I agree. This will cause so much conflict and disappointment in my kids and this seems totally out of left field. Since opening they’ve never restricted one room. I have no problem with masking at all, but taking away the kids club…. Wow Disney.

How? Where? Do I share my thoughts on this with DCL? Could I share with my dreams TA to pass on? I’m so sad/mad with this news.

I'm still confused by what's going on. So a 4 year old can only use a kids club until 10:30 am?

I'm still confused by what's going on. So a 4 year old can only use a kids club until 10:30 am?
No, 10:30pm. What is going on is that the Disney kids clubs have different themed rooms--Marvel, Tinkerbell etc. Right now, 3/4 year olds (and unvaccinated just-turned-5-year-olds in the grace period window) are only able to play in a single room: the Toy Story themed "Andy's room," where they are having guided activities. In other words, more like a structured day care for the unvaccinated kids, whereas for the older kids the clubs are more like a free-range play zone.

Look, I know people are upset that their kids aren't getting the "full experience" but can we just step back and recognize that Disney is being pretty darn reasonable here? This is what open house is for: all kids can play in all areas during open house, it's just the secured programming that is split by age group. If unvaccinated kids were allowed to free range without supervision (parents supervise during open house), how would the club staff be able to enforce mask wearing for that age set given that masks are optional for fully vaxxed, and one 4 year old running around on a play floor is hard to distinguish from a 5 year old? Keeping them separate allows the rules to be enforced. I remember, before Covid, parents of younger kids would complain it was awful that their 3 year old were forced to share a play space with 10 year olds because their kids were getting knocked over or otherwise hurt by the older kids. You're never going to make everyone happy.

Obviously, this doesn't just affect 3/4 year olds. My 6 year old toy story super fan has zero interest in Marvel and on past cruises has practically lived in the Toy Story room, and now he can't go during secure programming. I doubt he'll even want to use the club much given the restriction. He is autistic so breaking from routine will be doubly hard for him. My plan is to maximize his time in the club during open house so he can ride the slinky dog slide to his heart's content and try to focus on the message that kids are taking turns in the different spaces, and when it is the next port day open house, it'll be his turn to go to the Toy Story room again.

Let's all take a deep breath and remind ourselves that when we booked these cruises, we all knew that activities and Covid-19 protocols were subject to change at any time, and we (hopefully) all explained that to our kids and let them know we were going to look at the bright side that we are getting to board a Disney Cruise again and not be disappointed if things are a little different from the "before times." After all, there were cruises in December where the kids club had to be shut down because of staff Omicron outbreaks.

Look, I know people are upset that their kids aren't getting the "full experience" but can we just step back and recognize that Disney is being pretty darn reasonable here?
No, I don't consider it reasonable in the slightest that my 7 year old and my 4 year old, who live together and routinely forget whose toothbrush is whose, can't play together in the kids club. Not even a little bit.

If unvaccinated kids were allowed to free range without supervision (parents supervise during open house), how would the club staff be able to enforce mask wearing for that age set given that masks are optional for fully vaxxed, and one 4 year old running around on a play floor is hard to distinguish from a 5 year old? Keeping them separate allows the rules to be enforced.
Almost like it's a silly rule. Almost.

Nobody is saying the kids club is wrong for choosing to enforce the policy this way, we're saying it's a stupid policy.

Unfortunately it seems this is how it will stay until further notice. Originally, 3-4 year olds were going to be allowed in but it was deemed to be safer and more manageable this way if any of them tested positive.
This theory is about a year behind the epidemiology. Disney's policy would make sense in a world where vaccinated 5+ were unable to catch or spread COVID, but we know that's not true.

No, I don't consider it reasonable in the slightest that my 7 year old and my 4 year old, who live together and routinely forget whose toothbrush is whose, can't play together in the kids club. Not even a little bit.

Almost like it's a silly rule. Almost.

Nobody is saying the kids club is wrong for choosing to enforce the policy this way, we're saying it's a stupid policy.

This theory is about a year behind the epidemiology. Disney's policy would make sense in a world where vaccinated 5+ were unable to catch or spread COVID, but we know that's not true.

It isn't reasonable, especially since all ages can mix during open house how is that really any different in the end?

Agree if vaccinated didn't spread it would be so different. And really lets be real with how mild omicron and its sub variant are now how many are actually running and testing while on vacation now? We were in Disney/Aquatica this past week and lots of coughing, kids with runny noses etc. If they allowed unmasked 3-4 year olds in with all or just masked all kids while in the club there really wouldn't have any huge differences.

I know there has been a few threads in different fb groups with the email contact to email DCL and many are emailing their complaints.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter