No more lotion...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe it has as much to do with the lotion, but just that's it's one more thing that disney has decided the guest no longer needs.

I still want lids on my soda, if I knew the exact size of disney cups, I would bring my own.
They're sweetheart brand, 16 oz. I'm right with you and did end up carrying my own this trip. - Our resort still had them kinda out so I just grabbed a few each time we went in there, but I'll def. be ordering some for our next trip, but like you said it's 1 more thing Disney doesn't want to pay to provide anymore which makes an inconvenience for me... annoying definitely.

Disney missed big on their Q3 earnings https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...rofit-estimates-as-parks-slump-fox-film-flops note that although domestic park attendance was down 3%, per capita guest spending was up 10% - I expect having to buy your own toiletries at WDW will add to the other increases in guest costs we have seen and will see, ticket prices, food and beverage (along with a decline in quality,) extra room charges - parking fees currently but can ‘resort fees’ be far behind, up-charge cupcake parties, etc.. They’ll do whatever it takes to reduce costs (removing toiletries, cheaper products, lower staffing, etc.) and increase guest spending to make Q4 earnings look better than the Q3 debacle.

Is this real life? Yes, of course we can bring lotion with us. But if I’m paying between 400-500 a night on average for a deluxe resort a small bottle of lotion should be provided. Or if it’s an eco friendly issue, provide the big bottles like they do for shampoo and conditioner at some hotels. This is just one more thing being taken away while prices continue to rise. It’s not ok, and I wish people would stop acting like it is so maybe these cheap and unacceptable changes would stop being made.....
This times 10!!

They're sweetheart brand, 16 oz. I'm right with you and did end up carrying my own this trip. - Our resort still had them kinda out so I just grabbed a few each time we went in there, but I'll def. be ordering some for our next trip, but like you said it's 1 more thing Disney doesn't want to pay to provide anymore which makes an inconvenience for me... annoying definitely.

Thank you.

I can't see to find any doing a amazon search. Solo is a more popular brand. I'll hunt some more.

Last edited:
This is just one more thing being taken away while prices continue to rise. It’s not ok, and I wish people would stop acting like it is so maybe these cheap and unacceptable changes would stop being made.....

It is ok, though.

Other people should be able to choose what amenities need to be included in a $400 hotel room and Disney should be able to adjust their offerings accordingly. Other people aren’t “acting” like it’s ok. It is ok. They are actually finding $400 worth of value at the resorts regardless of the lost amenities.

If you or I don’t, then that’s our decision to make but I’m not going to hope that other people start to not enjoy something that they really do just so that I can find value in it myself.

Do they still supply shampoo, conditioner, and body wash in the tub/showers? I normally bring my own but the guys normally use whatever. Helpful to know as I may need to bring larger bottles if they no longer supplied. Thx.

No no. I'm just SURPRISED PEOPLE RELY ON THOSE THINGS.

As I mentioned, I use them because it simply cuts down on what I have to pack - I'm a less is more kind of person. Not only that, I like to sample new products which is really why branded products are in the rooms to begin with. Placing products in WDW hotel rooms (or Four Seasons, Waldorf, etc.) is a massive branding and advertising opportunity for these companies. Joffreys, H20, etc. Honestly, I had never heard of either of these companies until I went to WDW. Subsequently, I have purchased a ton of the WDW parks coffee directly from Joffrey's website and have purchased some H20 products (also Geir perfume!) as they all, then, remind me of WDW when I'm not there. I'm actually surprised the lotion was removed, but, then again, I don't know what H20 and WDW's partnership looks like - who is supplying or paying for the product? Is this in preparation for the bigger dispensers (which, obviously, wouldn't include lotion)? I do agree with other PP's though - if you are going to throw out the "industry standard" line for one thing, it should be applied to all. I'm just glad I know now. Unlike every other hotel I stay in around the world, I'm going to have to bring lotion to the WDW ones.

Our Poly studio last week had tubes of shampoo, conditioner and shower gel, along with bars of soap for vanity sink and the tub/shower in both bathrooms. Replenished on towel and trash day.

As I mentioned, I use them because it simply cuts down on what I have to pack - I'm a less is more kind of person. Not only that, I like to sample new products which is really why branded products are in the rooms to begin with. Placing products in WDW hotel rooms (or Four Seasons, Waldorf, etc.) is a massive branding and advertising opportunity for these companies. Joffreys, H20, etc. Honestly, I had never heard of either of these companies until I went to WDW. Subsequently, I have purchased a ton of the WDW parks coffee directly from Joffrey's website and have purchased some H20 products (also Geir perfume!) as they all, then, remind me of WDW when I'm not there. I'm actually surprised the lotion was removed, but, then again, I don't know what H20 and WDW's partnership looks like - who is supplying or paying for the product? Is this in preparation for the bigger dispensers (which, obviously, wouldn't include lotion)? I do agree with other PP's though - if you are going to throw out the "industry standard" line for one thing, it should be applied to all. I'm just glad I know now. Unlike every other hotel I stay in around the world, I'm going to have to bring lotion to the WDW ones.

I too discovered Tea Forte while staying at the Waldorf ten years ago and Joffrey’s while at WDW, and have purchased both. I have bags of not only loose tea but also a big array of Tea Forte tea making supplies. Neither brand would have been on my radar otherwise. I discovered that you could buy pound bags of an AA Kenya Joffrey coffee (not the blend in the rooms) at the gift shop in Kidani when I saw a local loading up on it but that was discontinued a few years ago. Last year I bought a few bags at Joffrey kiosk inside the F&W festival center. They had 3 blends, and they gave an AP discount as well.

I never knew people used hotel toiletries as their only toiletries on vacation until I came to the DISboards. All of my friends that I have traveled with bring their own toiletries on vacation and the same with my family. I actually asked my coworkers about this and everyone brings their own toiletries too. So I'm with the PP who is surprised that people rely on the hotel toiletries.

I bring my own everything because I like my products. Shampoo, conditioner, body wash, lotion, face wash, face cream, hair products, toothpaste, Listerine, etc. You name it, we bring it. Full sized too since we stay for 7-10 days and sometimes shower twice a day and us girls have tons of hair.

Now I will miss the little lotions because I would use them in the parks since I use the bathroom about 4959485 times and need to lotion my hands after I wash them. I also take the leftovers home and keep them in my purse and desk at work. Now I will bring a trial size lotion with us to keep with me for the parks.

I am sure many bring their own full sized toiletries. But in a pinch when you say forget something, it’s very nice to have something to substitute. I guess that why many hotels I have stayed in offer complimentary toiletries in the room and other needed but possibly forgotten items of many kinds upon request. Hospitality I guess.

Take away the lotion, the shampoo and other stuff will be next. Of course Iger will have to increase the rates at the deluxe to pay for the people who fill the large bottles. Industry Standard of course. It annoys me to no end that will pay $600-$700 a night for a room and I can't get a bottle of lotion.

Starting to think that they put Scrooge McDuck in charge! I'm going to pack my own TP in October just in case ;) (joke)
Don't laugh but I'm bringing my own TP on this trip. The Deluxe resorts use to have the nice Angel Soft TP but the last few stays at AKL it was the cheap stuff.

For those that bring their own lotion to use in the parks ( the soap drys out my hands )...I bring the flat EOS lotion that doesn't take up much room in my bag or pocket. A-16631110

Don't laugh but I'm bringing my own TP on this trip. The Deluxe resorts use to have the nice Angel Soft TP but the last few stays at AKL it was the cheap stuff.

We stay at YC. The t.p. situation at the hotel & parks has annoyed me for years—- thin & narrow! I just can’t make myself pack my own tho. :rotfl2:

Sometimes we pack a box of puffs tissues if someone has a cold... wiping your nose 20 times a day with the tissues in room can be tough.

As far as using the shampoo and such, we bring along travel sizes but as a just in case. With DVC and only getting supplies every four days, we sometimes ran out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter