• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

No more masks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didnt think PRIVATE transport is covered?

I dont believe the universal shuttle that is operated by MEARS did not require masks in November.
Even though it is privately owned, it is subject to federal regulations because there is a charge to use it (even if the charge is indirect).

link

I didnt think PRIVATE transport is covered?

I dont believe the universal shuttle that is operated by MEARS did not require masks in November.

I do not believe that Disney transportation falls under the Transit Order from Jan 2021. It is not "public transportation", nor is it a "transportation hub" where one enters public transport. I graduated law school 14 years ago though and it's been a minute since I read regs outside of my practice area. Could totally be wrong.

One thing though, why does it change so suddenly? Like 2 days notice and Universal was like 1 day?

To make life easier for front line CMs. Tomorrow they just have to go through "please leave your masks on today" whereas if it was announced a week in advance, it would be a nightmare.
But I feel like most large companies are the same way, our mask guidelines at work change on a dime. You get an email at the end of the day that's "STARTING TOMORROW...."

Like most people, I'm happy about this. But I'm even happier for the CM's. They no longer have to be the mask police, being ignored and taking crap from rude guests all day. I also wonder if this might (even slightly) help with staffing issues. When we were there in Oct and Dec we noticed that when we entered a lot of stores - especially the larger ones - there usually was a CM posted at the door whose main purpose seemed to be to remind people to put their masks on. Maybe now they can use them in other places. Probably not a huge difference, but I'll take anything positive at this point.

I do not believe that Disney transportation falls under the Transit Order from Jan 2021. It is not "public transportation", nor is it a "transportation hub" where one enters public transport. I graduated law school 14 years ago though and it's been a minute since I read regs outside of my practice area. Could totally be wrong.

I could also be misreading. I'm a law school drop out and former paralegal , so I'm definitely deferring to your expertise, but since this is in layman's terms, it seems to apply.

From CDC website-

What is a public transportation conveyance?
A public transportation conveyance is any mode of transportation other than a private vehicle. Types of public transportation conveyances include airplanes, trains, subways, buses, taxis, ride-shares, maritime transportation, trolleys, and cable cars.

Which public transportation conveyances does the order apply to, and in which areas?
The Order applies to all public transportation conveyances traveling into the United States (i.e., arriving from a foreign country) or within the United States (including within states or territories or traveling between states or territories). This includes school buses. The Order also applies to all conveyances leaving the United States until they arrive at a foreign destination.

If a conveyance has outdoor areas (such as on a ferry or an open-air trolley or bus), wearing a mask is not required while outdoors unless otherwise required by the operator, federal, state, tribal, territorial, or local government. However, CDC continues to recommend people who are not fully vaccinated wear a mask in these areas to protect themselves and others. In areas with high numbers of COVID-19 cases, people should consider wearing a mask in crowded outdoor settings and for activities with close contact with others who are not fully vaccinated.

And congratulations on the upcoming wedding!

I could also be misreading. I'm a law school drop out and former paralegal , so I'm definitely deferring to your expertise, but since this is in layman's terms, it seems to apply.

From CDC website-

A public transportation conveyance is any mode of transportation other than a private vehicle. Types of public transportation conveyances include airplanes, trains, subways, buses, taxis, ride-shares, maritime transportation, trolleys, and cable cars.

Which public transportation conveyances does the order apply to, and in which areas?
The Order applies to all public transportation conveyances traveling into the United States (i.e., arriving from a foreign country) or within the United States (including within states or territories or traveling between states or territories). This includes school buses. The Order also applies to all conveyances leaving the United States until they arrive at a foreign destination.

If a conveyance has outdoor areas (such as on a ferry or an open-air trolley or bus), wearing a mask is not required while outdoors unless otherwise required by the operator, federal, state, tribal, territorial, or local government. However, CDC continues to recommend people who are not fully vaccinated wear a mask in these areas to protect themselves and others. In areas with high numbers of COVID-19 cases, people should consider wearing a mask in crowded outdoor settings and for activities with close contact with others who are not fully vaccinated.

And congratulations on the upcoming wedding!

Thank you- we are so excited!

I'm just wondering if because the conveyance is operating entirely on privately-owned land and the transportation vehicles themselves are privately-owned that it would not apply. I'm not sure though.... anything out of the immigration realm is not my cup of tea. My husband to be is an estate planning attorney and says no as well... but again, not our expertise.

Hopefully they get rid of the requirement for transportation soon as well.

Why is it required on the skyliner? Don't they only load you with your own party?

The first weekend of Dec we (2 adults) rode with another group (of 3 adults) in the same skyliner. But that was only once (it was a short trip, so we only rode it 3 times).

The first weekend of Dec we (2 adults) rode with another group (of 3 adults) in the same skyliner. But that was only once (it was a short trip, so we only rode it 3 times).

They will absolutely group multiple parties together at park opening and closing. The gondolas fit about 10 people and they will tyr to get close to that when there is a line. In the middle of hte day when there is no line, they will mostly let every party have their own gondola.

This was around 3pm on a Saturday headed from Caribbean Beach to EPCOT. I believe there was a line to load (we originated from POP) but no big back up.

Why would they delay once the decision is made? All they need is enough lead time to communicate it to the CM & guests.
For some reason I thought policies normally give leeway like to give people a chance to make what adjustments they need to. I thought it was a Universal thing to be more abrupt. Like with the company I work for if there's a policy change its not normally an overnight change.

But it's not a big deal and a few people have responded as to why it makes sense for Disney to do it this way. I was just curious :)

For some reason I thought policies normally give leeway like to give people a chance to make what adjustments they need to. I thought it was a Universal thing to be more abrupt. Like with the company I work for if there's a policy change its not normally an overnight change.

But it's not a big deal and a few people have responded as to why it makes sense for Disney to do it this way. I was just curious :)
I think Disney would probably be lenient with their refund policy if ppl wanted to cancel based on the sudden policy change.

I find it strange that they still want it on transportation. Like you can sit next to someone screaming on tower of terror, but you are in danger on the bus?
The transportation requirement is because of Federal regulations. Disney doesn't have a choice in that.

From CDC website-

I have read several times that Disney Transport is considered a mass public transit system because they allow anyone to ride, not just Disney resort/park guests, making it public.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter